Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's hire Bruce Allen!

sjnjr

Vinny has another year to prove himself. He's going to be here one more year. Then one of three things is going to happen:

1. The Skins make the playoffs: He will stay.

2. The Skins stink: according to rumors, he and Zorn will both be out the door

3. The Skins Stink: the rumors are false and he will stay forever.

Personally, if either 1 or 2 happen, I'd be ok with that. I'm hoping for #1, though.

If #2 happens, there will be a plethora of good football guys out there that Dan can go after.

EDIT: Note, I'm not really hoping for #1 because I like Vinny, but because I always want the 'Skins to perform well and make it to the Playoffs.

I think Bruce Allen has some self-respect. With that in mind, there is no way in Hell he would even want to come here.

:rolleyes:

these over the top negative responses, are really getting old

yeah why would he want to return to his childhood home, and work for the team his father had his greatest success.... :whoknows:

Guys, I'm all in favor of bringing in a GM as well, but let's face it, IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN! seriously, there are a ton of potential GM candidates that are better and more qualified than Vinny C. out there, but Dan snyder will never hire one, mainly because, he wants to be the GM himself, and the only guy out there who will let him do that is Vinny. Do you really think that Scott Pioli would have wanted to come here and basically be a yes man for Dan Snyder? No, he gets to go to the chiefs and do whatever the hell he wants. Bruce Allen, well, I don't think the guy is that good of a GM and certainly not that much better than Vinny.

It's so obvious what needs to happen here, but it's even more obvious what is going to happen.

i hate to say it, but the only way a GM gets hired is if Dan's other businesses are suffering so bad that he has to either a)devote more time to them or b)sell the team. Both are very real options, but we can only rely on what is real and happening right now.

yeah why would he want to return to his childhood home, and work for the team his father had his greatest success.... :whoknows:

Maybe because the reality is this is no longer the franchise his father worked for but just a shell of its former self. Come on Bubba, Snyder has really torn down the reputation the Redskins once had. Cerrato is seen as a joke around the league and that is Snyder's go to guy. He can't even bring in viable coaching candidates that want the job.:(

Maybe because the reality is this is no longer the franchise his father worked for but just a shell of its former self. Come on Bubba, Snyder has really torn down the reputation the Redskins once had. Cerrato is seen as a joke around the league and that is Snyder's go to guy. He can't even bring in viable coaching candidates that want the job.:(

What he said.

The Redskins of George Allen's day are not the Redskins of now.

Because it's not the same team that his father had great success with. Not by a longshot. The only connection between Snyderatto's Redskins and the great Redskin teams of George Allen are the name.

what are you guys talking about? The current era redskins are very similar to the george allen era.

1)they both trade away all their draft picks.

2)they both sign old players who are at the end of their careers.

3)they both yell hip hip hooray in the locker room after wins.

i'd be all for it, the young team he was putting together in tampa was good. the injury bug and an inability for the coach to settle on one qb was their downfall. the other part is that the bucs have one of the best cap cituations that exsists in the nfl.lots of room. but i really don't think our owner has the desire to make a switch on that level.the way we've done business is flawed and wrong, and the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting it to turn out differently.the cap is screwed and we don't have the picks, sound familiar?. danny please, make a change and go a different direction. how much further do you have to go down before you admit that your guy and choices ain't right.have the gm's who have won superbowls and have their team in the hunt year in and year out look at your team and hear what they say. i would be surprised to hear any of them say you've got this team in a good place heading in the right direction.our o and d lines have been ignored to the extreme and you have used old almost past their prime players to fill the holes.give buges another group of young earth movers and watch him build another jauggernaut of an offensive line.get some big ol beef eater dline men the weigh in at least 330. thats what your d coord used to from his days at chicago.

Vinny has another year to prove himself. He's going to be here one more year. Then one of three things is going to happen:

Personally, if either 1 or 2 happen, I'd be ok with that. I'm hoping for #1, though.

If #2 happens, there will be a plethora of good football guys out there that Dan can go after.

EDIT: Note, I'm not really hoping for #1 because I like Vinny, but because I always want the 'Skins to perform well and make it to the Playoffs.

You forgot option 4. The Skins are average: Everyone thinks the Skins are almost there, and everything stays the same.

what are you guys talking about? The current era redskins are very similar to the george allen era.

1)they both trade away all their draft picks.

2)they both sign old players who are at the end of their careers.

3)they both yell hip hip hooray in the locker room after wins.

That, and never having a losing season, and making the playoffs 5 out of 7 years. Right now, this team and George Allen don't belong in the same sentence. Hopefully that'll change.:cheers:

Because it's not the same team that his father had great success with. Not by a longshot. The only connection between Snyderatto's Redskins and the great Redskin teams of George Allen are the name.

:rolleyes: what a load of crap

When his dad came here the Skins had had 1 winning season in 20 years. We have had only 2 losing seasons the past 5 years... and had 2 wild card berths the same 5 years.

The cupboard isn't bare, and Snyder is willing and able to spend to improve the team. The Skins are one of the top revenue making franchises in all of sports. Contrary to the myth, Snyder doesn't mettle in personnel decisions, nor try to coach the team from the luxury box.

The guy work for Crazy Al Davis, and the dysfunctional Glazer family.

quit acting like we're the Lions, Bengals, Raiders, 49ers, or Browns

After the failure of Gibbs 2.0 and his "Bucket List" group of coaches, I'm done with trying to recreate past glories with guys because of their history with the team (or in the case of Bruce Allen his father's).

Besides as has been pointed out, if we let Pioli just walk right on by in favor of keeping Bug Eyes, what makes you think Danny would make the switch to Allen especially after offseason prepping has already begun?

I'm betting Vinny will be here even if we go 2-14. Zorn will go, Vinny will stay. Danny is married to Vinny. How does Danny not realize that when Vinny took over the scouting of college talent in San Fran it coincidentally was about the same time as their decent from glory after 16-17 good years?

:rolleyes: what a load of crap

When his dad came here the Skins had had 1 winning season in 20 years. We have had only 2 losing seasons the past 5 years... and had 2 wild card berths the same 5 years.

The cupboard isn't bare, and Snyder is willing and able to spend to improve the team. The Skins are one of the top revenue making franchises in all of sports. Contrary to the myth, Snyder doesn't mettle in personnel decisions, nor try to coach the team from the luxury box.

The guy work for Crazy Al Davis, and the dysfunctional Glazer family.

quit acting like we're the Lions, Bengals, Raiders, 49ers, or Browns

That was a very good post. Thanks for adding a little faith and fact to the optimistic. I am really having a hard time listening to folks say we are as bad as a winless team.

The Bucs roster kind of stinks. It's much worse than ours, that's for sure.

Archived