Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Teen convicted of killing mother over video game

bch89

A judge Monday rejected the defense that a teenage boy opened fire on his family because he was addicted to video games, convicting him of wounding his clergyman father and killing his mother after they fought over a game.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20090112/Pastor_s.Wife.Slain/

Teens need to realize that there is a fine line between video games and reality. They need to understand that just because you do it in a game doesn't mean you can do it in real life. What's wrong with kids these days?

Teens need to realize that there is a fine line between video games and reality. They need to understand that just because you do it in a game doesn't mean you can do it in real life. What's wrong with kids these days?

The kid is seriously a sociopath.

Mark Petric, who is a minister at New Life Assembly of God in Wellington, testified that his son came into the room and asked: "Would you guys close your eyes? I have a surprise for you."

The father testified that he expected a pleasant surprise. Then his head went numb from a gunshot and he survived. His wife, Susan, 43, died of gunshot wound to the head.

wow...i remember being pissed when my mom would turn off my atari but i never wanted to kill her

It has got to the point that if you make them mad you better sleep with one eye open. I know from experience, if you're the kind of parent that lay down the law to your kid, you're looked as the mean parent on the block.

LOL, OK grandpa. But seriously, these are some crazy arse kids these days.

Haha that's not what I was going for, there have been a few kids who have done things that are video game related in the news lately. This kid killing his parents over Halo 3 and then the 6 year old driving his mother's car because he "learned how to drive in Grand Theft Auto," and there were some more I just can't remember them. Personally, I think kids should be allowed to play anything they want as long as they know they can't get away with it in reality.

Actually, there's a HUGE freakin' like between video games and reality, not a fine one lol :)...

If a teenager shoots up his family over an argument about a video game, he was already pretty ****ed up in the head to begin with. The video game didn't make him that way.

There is a fine line between video games and reality? I think it's a thick line and if some person can't distinguish the different then you got a crazy person on your hands.

If a kid can be influenced by a video game then the kid is bound to be influenced sooner or later by something else, so I wouldn't blame it on the video game.

If not the video game, it will be a tv show, movie, bad friends, ect.

1950s: Teen convicted of killing mother over hula-hoop

1960s: Teen convicted of killing mother over Lava Lamp

1970s: Teen convicted of killing mother over Pink Floyd black light poster

1980s: Teen convicted of killing mother over Rubic's Cube

1990s: Teen convicted of killing mother over Doc Marten's

Haha that's not what I was going for, there have been a few kids who have done things that are video game related in the news lately. This kid killing his parents over Halo 3 and then the 6 year old driving his mother's car because he "learned how to drive in Grand Theft Auto," and there were some more I just can't remember them. Personally, I think kids should be allowed to play anything they want as long as they know they can't get away with it in reality.

I doubt him shooting his parents was had anything to do with the video game. That might have been the trigger, but it's not the reason (maybe that doesn't make sense, but you know what I mean).

Teens need to realize that there is a fine line between video games and reality. They need to understand that just because you do it in a game doesn't mean you can do it in real life.

What's this guy talking about? I've been hopping around work all day in my frog suit because I used up all my racoon tails.:mad:

This happened back in October, I remember hearing about it.

He won't be playing much Halo 3 now anyway. :doh: :doh:

Not true.... I worked in the youth jail here and those kids play video games all the time. They get all kinds of free time 3 pretty good meals a day and gym time every day.... on the weekends they sit around and watch movies and play games all day long..

Not true.... I worked in the youth jail here and those kids play video games all the time. They get all kinds of free time 3 pretty good meals a day and gym time every day.... on the weekends they sit around and watch movies and play games all day long..

:wtf: that's jail? kids might want to go to jail if they found out about that.

Yeah jail is awesome.

Just curious, what's the name of the youth jail you worked at?

Fine line? How about a huge freaking line. Its pretty obvious . . .

Archived