Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OU's Offense is What Our Offense Will Look Like

Chiefinonhaze

For anyone watching the National Championship right now, take a look at the tempo that Oklahoma's offense plays at. This is what Zorn was talking about where The defense does not have time to react to your play if you play at a faster tempo.

This is why I think our Offense was not as effective last year. When you don't have a great knowledge of the play, it is hard to make the call at the line like Bradford is. Regardless, they are professionals, and should be able to execute. I think year 2 in the offense will look much different though.

Potential wise: Sam Bradford > Soup

Did you see that deep pass he lofted over his receivers head that got called back for a holding penalty? Perfectly thrown ball.

yeeeeeeeah duuuude i couldnt decide if the pass or the catch was prettier...

Potential wise: Sam Bradford > Soup

Did you see that deep pass he lofted over his receivers head that got called back for a holding penalty? Perfectly thrown ball.

It looks more and more like ASF's theory that involved the number of college pass attempts may have some merit. There's no way that someone like Bradford isn't being 'prepared' on some level for the NFL.

It's funny, most true franchise QBs (that get taken in the first) don't need a lot of time just a little. And their teams don't feel like they're sacrificing entire seasons to the guy's development, they can't wait to get him in because he's going to IMPROVE their team. They're not sitting there whining about not having a hall of fame line and Randy Moss and TO at wideout to 'support' a franchise QB.

For anyone watching the National Championship right now, take a look at the tempo that Oklahoma's offense plays at. This is what Zorn was talking about where The defense does not have time to react to your play if you play at a faster tempo.

This is why I think our Offense was not as effective last year. When you don't have a great knowledge of the play, it is hard to make the call at the line like Bradford is. Regardless, they are professionals, and should be able to execute. I think year 2 in the offense will look much different though.

Year 2 will look different, no doubt. As for looking like OU's...not so much. They run their spread crisply, but that's not hard to do when you have blue-chip recruits infusing the program with new talent every year.

Zorn wasn't trying to generate tempo using a no-huddle; he simply wanted his offense to be so thoroughly prepared for each game, for each different SITUATION even, that they were able to quickly and precisely huddle up, call the next scripted play, get to the LoS, and with a minimum of time snap the ball.

Offenses that operate that way do create tempo, they just do it without the substitution limiting no-huddle or hurry-up.

Zorn made it impossible to play at a high tempo this year. He was constantly shuffling players in and out all the time like one guys gonna make a huge difference. He wasn't getting the plays in quickly either. We were always snapping the ball at 3..2..1

OU had the number one offense in college football give any defense 1 month to come up with a game plan and they will shut you down. That is what happened tonight but OU has a great offense.

Just to play devil's advocate for a second...if that's true, why wasn't OU's D able to contain Percy "Angel of Mercy" Harvin and Tim "Which way did?" Tebow? I watched with one eye for much of the game so I don't know this for certain, but way I hear it those two are going to change everything about the way offenses operate in the NFL.

It's all about to change forever...nothing and no one will ever be the same again...

cool, huh? :silly:

Just to play devil's advocate for a second...if that's true, why wasn't OU's D able to contain Percy "Angel of Mercy" Harvin and Tim "Which way did?" Tebow? I watched with one eye for much of the game so I don't know this for certain, but way I hear it those two are going to change everything about the way offenses operate in the NFL.

IT'S ALL ABOUT TO CHANGE FOREVER...NOTHING AND NO ONE WILL EVER BE THE SAME AGAIN...

cool, huh? :silly:

*Chuckles*

Nicely understated irony on the latest college "big things" BRD. Not too much, not too little, you got the latest "flavour of the month" nailed down pretty well. ;)

Hail.

OU had the number one offense in college football give any defense 1 month to come up with a game plan and they will shut you down. That is what happened tonight but OU has a great offense.

Uh, really? Did you watch when USC scored 55 a couple years ago?

Archived