Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Miracle" Amish Heater, and other scams

Switchgear

No.. I've got one that really just grinds my gears...

"Try my product".

Sound familiar?

It's the douchebag who came up with those Studio Professor programs for your computer. I HATE him.

lol, I can't stand that guy, he sells sh*t you can easily get for free online or in the user's manual.

magicjack is the **** (in a good way). Used it in Amsterdam, London and Belgium to call my parents and friends in the states. Perfect voice quality and its super easy to use.

But if your internet goes out so does your phone.

Similar to Skype?

Speaking of internet phone, a friend got involved with a company called Sunrocket and sold their internet phone service to all kinds of people. Then one day it stopped working, company went out of business. Poof!

How about that "Obama Victory Plate" infomercial. :doh: I work at night and the ad hawking these plates is constantly coming on.

http://www.victoryplate.com/?directLoad&uid=36ABEAEFA84CC5071FABEFBEC60CD669

"First African-American President Elect Barack Obama's confident smile and kind eyes are an inspiration to us all, so why not commemorate his historic achievement on a "priceless work of art," in the form of a collectible plate? Not just any plate; a fine porcelain Historic Victory Plate featuring our dear leader surrounded by American flags and fireworks, inscribed in 22k gold trim.

Due to the unprecedented demand, there is a strict limit of 2 Victory plates per order."

Then it shows a family gathering around the plate, etc. Who buys these infomercial plates and medallions, etc?

Or the 9/11 commemorative 20 dollar plate that is LIBERIAN legal currency?

What a joke.

What's wrong with you guys? Have you all lost all faith in the honor of the Amuhrican businessman? I'm sure the Amish heater works. After all, "it's not just a fireplace; it is a fine piece of furniture." So even if the heater function doesn't work, you're still ahead of the game because you've got another "fine piece of furniture."

What's wrong with you guys? Have you all lost all faith in the honor of the Amuhrican businessman? I'm sure the Amish heater works. After all, "it's not just a fireplace; it is a fine piece of furniture." So even if the heater function doesn't work, you're still ahead of the game because you've got another "fine piece of furniture."

Well, plus it's made of wood so you can burn it and...voila...heat!

So I live in baltimore. I don't know why, but fake fireplaces are freaking huge here. My wifes grandmother has one. It doesn't even heat anything. Just sits there looking like a fireplace. When I bought my house there was one in my basement. MADE OF ****ING CEMENT. I took a sledgehammer to it the day we moved in. Put the rubble in the u haul. Dumped it in the dumpster at the apartment complex I was moving out of. Fake fireplaces are the stupid things ever invented. You want fire and heat? Get a goddamn pellet stove.

My wife and I saw an ad (made to look like a regular newspaper article) for a "Miracle" Amish heater this morning. After a bit of digging around (there are some good sources here and here, the comments are great, especially the "plant" comments) it was readily apparent that these fine folks are selling two 1500W space heaters (usually priced around $20) and a fake fireplace front for $300 to $500.

One comment that really made me laugh

The Heat Surge site is hilarious. I'm sure they'll change it soon, but right now the prices are $587.00 (crossed out), with a much larger, red text $587.00 next to it, for the Deluxe Amish Cherry Fireplace. And then there's the "Prices valid for" counter, apparently I can only get this special deal for another 46 hours. I'd better act quickly.

The print ads are pretty funny too, the first link I put in has some examples.

No Dude, we bought one of these fire places, its legit. weve had it over 2 months, we only paid 250, bought it on the website. its great!!!

Im dead serious. maybe do research and not assume its a scam, i wouldnt have ordered it untill i saw one at my buddies house.

You paid $250. Two 1500 Watt space heaters (what this product offers, other than the fake fireplace front) can be bought for under $50 total. Do you think the fake fireplace is worth the extra $200?

You paid $250. Two 1500 Watt space heaters (what this product offers, other than the fake fireplace front) can be bought for under $50 total. Do you think the fake fireplace is worth the extra $200?
no, the flame is digital, not just a picture, see one in real life then bash it if you want, i can name 1000 other things iv never seen just like you are doing that could be scams.... from one member to another i think you would really like it. like i said i wouldnt have bought one but i saw one at my buddies house and i thought it was cool to have in a room that doesnt have a fireplace.

The white van thing actually happened to me just before x-mas... I read about it a few years ago... this (seriously) white van pulled up next to me at a gas station and the guy leaned out and asked if I was interested in gettting some high quality speakers for nothing. I knew right away and said no thanks - the guy at the next pump said he wanted to look at them and the van pulled up to a parking spot.. I told the guy it was probably a scam and be careful... he went over and looked at the stuff and came back a minute later as I was about to leave and said that, the guy was full of crap - I told him about the white van scam, how he probably was told that he had to get rid of the speakers before he goes back to the warehouse and the guy said that was it almost word for word.

some guys have huge pairs on them

no, the flame is digital, not just a picture, see one in real life then bash it if you want, i can name 1000 other things iv never seen just like you are doing that could be scams.... from one member to another i think you would really like it. like i said i wouldnt have bought one but i saw one at my buddies house and i thought it was cool to have in a room that doesnt have a fireplace.

Wow. Really? Really? Wow.

Did you ever think of combining a space heater with this and keeping the extra ~$180-$200?

But hey, whatever turns your crank. If you enjoy it, that's all that matters. Seriously.

Are you the Amish guy in the background in the commercial? :D To be honest that things looks like a piece of crap, and just because you like crap dont make us like crap ;)

Wow. Really? Really? Wow.

Did you ever think of combining a space heater with this and keeping the extra ~$180-$200?

But hey, whatever turns your crank. If you enjoy it, that's all that matters. Seriously.

Your name sounds Amish, hey Yusuf go make me a crapy fire place.

Are you the Amish guy in the background in the commercial? :D To be honest that things looks like a piece of crap, and just because you like crap dont make us like crap ;)
no im not amish but your mom likes my beard and its not crap listen bro if you dont want to buy it thats up to you, all im saying that its not a scam. maybe the others are but this isnt.

no im not amish but your mom likes my beard and its not crap listen bro if you dont want to buy it thats up to you, all im saying that its not a scam. maybe the others are but this isnt.

His name is nawtymagazine and he endorses the crappy heater :laugh:

Your name sounds Amish, hey Yusuf go make me a crapy fire place.

Found me out thou didest. I regreteth that I cannot comply with thy request as I cannot useth a computer or the interwebz to readeth thy post. Surely thou knowest that the computers and the interwebz be newfangled tools of ye olde debil!!

Found me out thou didest. I regreteth that I cannot comply with thy request as I cannot useth a computer or the interwebz to readeth thy post. Surely thou knowest that the computers and the interwebz be newfangled tools of ye olde debil!!

Hey Yusuf, lets go bowling and dont worry about my hook.

Archived