Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Charles Barkley arrested on suspicion of DUI

TrumanB

That's just turrible.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jh2TEiu9mYmss8nRoJUo4HkdQKbwD95DQP600

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) — Charles Barkley was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol early Wednesday.

An officer with a law enforcement task force that targets drunken driving saw the former NBA star run a stop sign around 1:30 a.m., said Gilbert police Lt. Eric Shuhandler.

Barkley, 45, failed standard field sobriety tests after the officer smelled alcohol on him, and he was arrested. Barkley declined to submit to a breath test but was given a blood test. The results weren't immediately available.

After Barkley was processed, he was cited and released. His car was impounded and he left in a cab, Shuhandler said.

Shuhandler said Barkley was cooperative, and that it is customary to release people after they've been arrested on suspicion of DUI.

"There was nothing unusual about how he was taken into custody," Shuhandler said. "He was treated exactly like we treat anybody else."

Barkley was arrested in Scottsdale's Old Town area, one of the trendiest spots in the Phoenix metro area.

A television commentator for NBA games, the former Auburn player was inducted into the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame last month.

He played 16 NBA seasons for the Philadelphia 76ers, Phoenix Suns and Houston Rockets, and played on the 1992 and 1996 Olympic teams. Barkley was an 11-time NBA All-Star and league MVP in 1993.

Selected one the NBA's 50 greatest players in 1996, he was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2006.

the thing that I love about Chuck is he wont make any excuses for this. he will come out and say he screwed up and then move on.

Chuck has a way of being honest that makes you like him. He will call a spade a spade and not flinch when it bites him in the butt for being so forward. I can relate to that.

I usually appreciate Barkley for his straight forwardness, but he's had too much to say about anything and everything lately. He must be running out of gambling money and is an aspiring talk show host.

Hater in the house! Earplugs are 99 cents at the dollar store!

Just kidding, I know what you mean. When Chuck starts blabbering about something I don't need his opinion on I just tune him out.

and with Chuck it always gets better:

http://livesteez.com/news/news_detail/1607

In court documents revealed by The Smoking Gun, Barkley told the arresting officer that he was on his way to get oral sex from a woman. He said "I was going to drive around the corner and get a "blow job," and that he had received the act from his friend before and that "it was the best one he had ever had."

Chuck, you never dissapoint and I am proud to share a birthday with you.:notworthy

In court documents revealed by The Smoking Gun, Barkley told the arresting officer that he was on his way to get oral sex from a woman. He said "I was going to drive around the corner and get a "blow job," and that he had received the act from his friend before and that "it was the best one he had ever had."

doesn't he have enough money for a cab?? or a limo driver?

He probably didn't want the extra company in the vehicle?

Chuck, you never dissapoint and I am proud to share a birthday with you.:notworthy

He also offered to tattoo his ass with the name of anybody who could get him off from the DUI charge. The man is simply awesome.:notworthy

Archived