Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After seeing Campbell live for the first time, my thoughts

NoCalMike

I really don't know what makes people think Brennan would do any better.

I don't think he'd do any better, but from what I saw from Colt, he doesn't hesitate. He tries to put the football throught a keyhole. Jason hesitates. He's afraid to make a mistake. Colt is not experienced enough to be the starter next year, but if Jason doesn't improve in 2009, you may see #5 starting in 2010.

No... They were great receivers. They all have SB rings and were over or near 1000 yards receiveing when playing w/ the Pats.middle of the road, that replaced jusy one person and became superbowl perrennial champs... can you?

Come on, man.

People bring up brady to show that Brady was sacked 21 times last year. Cassel was sacked, I think, the most of anyone in the league THIS year. The reason they bring it up is to show the importance of a QB (who isn't even that mobile) in keeping sack totals down and getting rid of the ball and using the pocket well and sensing pressure.

Cassel had a good year but wasn't as good at those things I mentioned, even though he's a very good runner. Which brought sack totals UP to the point he leads the league.

And no, Givens, Brown, Patten were NOT great receivers. If they were great, then the word has lost all meaning. You will totally invent new 'facts' in order to fit your bizarre "it's everyone BUT the QB but it's very important that we NOT replace the QB, even though he's apparently very replaceable if you have OTHER good players" argument. You realize that by detracting from the importance of the QB position, you are actually WEAKENING the case for keeping a particular QB in that spot, don't you?

he msutve had plenty of time back there!

this guy is inaccurate as hell. doesnt throw when receivers are in stride and gets his receivers almost killed with his inaccuracy.

jason candle is one of the worst starting QB in the nfl.

This guy is a prime example of what's wrong with football fans. I mean Jason Campbell is clearly one of the most accurate QBs in the league with a 60%+ completion rate, yet this fan says he's inaccurate. So inaccurate in fact, that he's one of the worst QBs in the league.

No... They were great receivers. They all have SB rings and were over or near 1000 yards receiveing when playing w/ the Pats.

Nothing getting pulled out of asses. Excpet your claim that Brady led the league is sacks every year... LOL

And you just said yourself the sack stats for Ncnugget last year was high right?

I agree, and look at his performance. He did not have a great year. 19 TD's... 7 INT's... 3300 yards... 61 Comp %. Very Campbellesque. I gues they should have replaced him.

But still not the point anyways... My point is that it takes a special blend of people to get deep every year. Its not just about a QB... or RB... or any one position for that matter. I thnk JC gets too much of the blame around here from VERY misinformed fans. People try to simplify this game too much. I know that I cannot think of one team that was mediocre... or middle of the road, that replaced jusy one person and became superbowl perrennial champs... can you?

First of all, I never claimed that Brady led the league in sacks every year. If you're going to just lie now, don't post at all. And that refers to the rest of this post and your other posts.

Deion Branch never went over 1000 yards. David Givens never went over 1000 yards. Reche Caldwell never went over 1000 yards. Troy Brown went over 1000 yards once... In Tom Brady's rookie year.

In regards to your claim that Tom Brady has had a solid running game, he only had a running game that averaged more than four yards per carry twice. A measly 4.1 ypc.

As for Donovan McNabb's statline last year... Having 6 more TD and just 1 more INT than Campbell in less games is not comparable to Jason Campbell.

What team replaced just one person and became Super Bowl contenders? Gee, how about Tom Brady?

Every point you have had has been proven to be inaccurate and false, so I'm going to reiterate for you. Don't post if you're gonna lie.

Come on, man.

People bring up brady to show that Brady was sacked 21 times last year. Cassel was sacked, I think, the most of anyone in the league THIS year. The reason they bring it up is to show the importance of a QB (who isn't even that mobile) in keeping sack totals down and getting rid of the ball and using the pocket well and sensing pressure.

Cassel had a good year but wasn't as good at those things I mentioned, even though he's a very good runner. Which brought sack totals UP to the point he leads the league.

And no, Givens, Brown, Patten were NOT great receivers. If they were great, then the word has lost all meaning. You will totally invent new 'facts' in order to fit your bizarre "it's everyone BUT the QB but it's very important that we NOT replace the QB, even though he's apparently very replaceable if you have OTHER good players" argument. You realize that by detracting from the importance of the QB position, you are actually WEAKENING the case for keeping a particular QB in that spot, don't you?

It's impossible to compare the Patriots organization with ours, and expect anyone to take your side of the argument seriously. Yes, Cassel was sacked more then anyone else in the league, but he also has a better overall team then Campbell does. Better coaching, better ownership, and players on the field who play as a unit. I mean other then Cassel's 8 more TDs, their other numbers are quite similar.

While we may have better INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS then N.E, they have the better OVERALL TEAM, which is why they won more games.

You will totally invent new 'facts' in order to fit your bizarre "it's everyone BUT the QB but it's very important that we NOT replace the QB, even though he's apparently very replaceable if you have OTHER good players" argument.

Pasizzle is just making **** up now, claiming those receivers were 1000 yard WR's that made Tom Brady good.

just a quick observation. he always has to throw over tall offensive linemen who are jumping, to moss, who is waaayyy to short to do anythign but jump for the ball. i can't believe some of the drops moss had yesteday. they were killer. then slant accross the middle drop was terrible and I openly remarked that should be a huge knock on moss to whoever would listen. He has dropped a lot of easy ones this year.

JC can put touch on the ball, but we really need a tall first option so moss can do what he does best and get under coverage and run some screens, then exploit it for some downfield passes where he isnt triple coverered.

JC played his balls off yesterday and showed me a lot. without some of his scrambles, we lose that gaem going away.

I'm MORE concerned with the defense always preventing victory after we score touchdowns.

Every point you have had has been proven to be inaccurate and false, so I'm going to reiterate for you. Don't post if you're gonna lie.

Some people are not interested in debate, they're interested in diversion and obfuscation (though these cats are not capable of much subtle obfuscation, they're not smart enough) because they are True Believers. They just post to divert and convert but never to win over by reasoned arguments. They're like mathematics and architecture in the hands of a primitive--productive to imitate but with no understanding of the philosophy and culture that created them and supports them.

That's why you can ANNIHIILATE their arguments and lies and they keep posting. They're interested only in wearing you down and dragging the unaware or ill-informed into their net.

just a quick observation. he always has to throw over tall offensive linemen who are jumping, to moss, who is waaayyy to short to do anythign but jump for the ball. i can't believe some of the drops moss had yesteday. they were killer. then slant accross the middle drop was terrible a

I'm MORE concerned with the defense always preventing victory after we score touchdowns.

Shouldn't a TALLER QB have an easier time throwing over offensive linemen who are tall and not overthrowing a wideout?

Tom Brady is not 6-5 and he never had a problem throwing to David Patten, Troy Brown or Wes Welker.

interesting that for the first time in history, it's a disadvantage to be tall and a QB if your receivers aren't really, really tall.

It's impossible to compare the Patriots organization with ours, and expect anyone to take your side of the argument seriously. Yes, Cassel was sacked more then anyone else in the league, but he also has a better overall team then Campbell does.

Uh, so you just ignore the fact that just about EVERY elite QB appears on the most hit list. What about the fact that Campbell is NOT on the most hurried list?

Does this not enter that thick sheet of bone that surrounds your brain?

"he has a better overall team." Well if the team is important, why do teams spend so much money and time looking for, grooming and trying to find or sign away QBs?

So basically, there will never be a way that Jason will be responsible unless he's throwing for sub-50 percent and 5-1 interceptions to TD. It's hard to take you seriously when you can't understand why a QB is still able to do something in spite of getting hit.

Brees, Manning and Cassel can overcome it because they are GOOD QUARTERBACKS.

Campbell isn't so it's his excuse.

It's the problem with Jason Campbell. He seems to have all the tools. He's mobile, seems competent, has a canon arm, but just can't seem to get it done. It can't all be his fault, but it certainly isn't more fault of the other 10 guys on the field.

He's got some good things going for him. But he's a game manager. I want a game changer.

I'm not a JC basher, but one thing I don't understand is the argument about his receivers being too short. I mean, Joey T. had the Smurfs, right? Were defensive backs that much shorter then than they were now?

But, great post, OP! Thanks for the input.

If so, then our Justin Tyron at 5'9" would have fit right in. :D

Sorry, I think he is wasted roster space.

If so, then our Justin Tyron at 5'9" would have fit right in. :D

Sorry, I think he is wasted roster space.

Completely agree. I'm all for giving rookies time, but calling him complete trash in the time he's played at the CB spot is an understatement, and some good special team plays isn't enough to keep him, IMO:2cents:.

my problems with Campbell are really how he plays in the red zone. The Skins not being able to put up points is attributed to Campbell in this area of the field because he can not anticipate receivers coming open. JC always waits for the receiver to make his break or watches until they get separation before he is confident to release the ball. Campbell his whole career in college and the pros has had minimal touchdown passes and its because of his lack of anticipation and ability to read the defenses and in the red zone its brings the offense to a halt.

I'd have to give JC a C grade on his game. He made good plays, but he made some bad throws, he wasn't helped by his WRs though. A couple of passes I saw him throw where he seemed a bit late on the throw. To the point where I knew where he was going, I was just wondering when he would throw it there. But on the flip side, he did have his receivers drop crucial passes, he made some nice runs to evade pressure and had terrible playcalling on his.

I gave him a C grade as well but I'm dyslexic.:D

Shouldn't a TALLER QB have an easier time throwing over offensive linemen who are tall and not overthrowing a wideout?

Tom Brady is not 6-5 and he never had a problem throwing to David Patten, Troy Brown or Wes Welker.

interesting that for the first time in history, it's a disadvantage to be tall and a QB if your receivers aren't really, really tall.

I'm thinking he meant Defensive linemen, not Offensive...seeing as how a jumping OL would make an amusing animated GIF but otherwise makes no sense. When a QB throws the ball, yeah, D linemen jump. Campbell is tall but if he is passing from the pocket and releases it, a jumping 6'5 DT or DE with his hand up is going to be taller. I'm not saying Campbell never has any blame, but I think sometimes with Moss over the middle or on comebacks, etc he has to put it a little high and have Moss make a play on it or have it batted down at the LOS.

Another thing...on most of those plays that I have seen, Moss hasn't had to jump THAT high to catch it. Look at the replay from behind on the throw Campbell made across his body to Moss in the 49ers game. You notice that Moss jumps, but he isn't that far off the ground. It wasn't something he was going to have to make a circus catch on to come down with it. The coverage was good and it did bounce off his hands.

I mean Jason Campbell is clearly one of the most accurate QBs in the league with a 60%+ completion rate, yet this fan says he's inaccurate. So inaccurate in fact, that he's one of the worst QBs in the league.

What he is referring to when he says "Inaccurate" is that the ball never quite hits the receiver in stride. This allows the defense to make a big hit on the receiver and usually eliminates the possibility of YAC.

Just because a ball is caught, doesn't mean that it was accurate.

Archived