Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lions or Cowboys: which team failed on a more epic scale in 2008?

Bacon

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This is tough. Nobody expects a team to lose all of their games, but nobody expects the Lions to do much of anything. On the other hand...every offseason, the Cowboys are selected to, NOT ONLY go to the Superbowl, but to win it, almost every year. They are over-hyped. They were putting Romo sits to pee in the same sentence with Brady and Manning (two QB's who win clutch games). I don't know what else to say. Well, at least the Cowboys play in a harder division. Other than going 13-3 last year, the Cowboys haven't done anything deserving of so much hype.

I'd love to say the cowboys but it has to be the 0-16 lions. No one has ever failed more epically. Hype is what it is but the reality to most educated football fans were that the cowboys were very much overrated.
Agreed.

As much as we can joke on the Cowboys for their Titanic-like failure, the Lions went the historical distance today.

The absolutely most miserable locker room in America this afternoon.

I actually feel bad for a lot of those guys. This is stuck with him for history now, and it's not like it's all their fault. Bad coaching and horrible FO management have been building up to this.

Some of the players were calling today "their Super Bowl" with the amount of effort they'd put in to try and win it. Guys like Calvin Johnson and Ernie Sims, very talented young players, have to endure a season like this.

I can't imagine how miserable that must be for their fans.

When I first read the title I thought "don't be ridiculous" but when you really think about it, it's a tough call.

I mean yeah, no one expected the Lions (or probably any other team) to go 0-16 back in August. But you certainly weren't booking their flight to Tampa like everyone was doing for Dallas.

I guess you still have to say Detroit just because it's never been done before in the history of the league. I mean, you really have to be a flat out horrible team to not win a single game in the NFL today. With the parity we have today, every week you see upsets. Look at our game against the Rams. We dominated them in every facet of the game yet a handful of lucky bounces went their way and they pulled out the win. To be bad enough to offset just plain old luck...well thats pretty impressive.

I remember hearing somewhere that the Lions had the toughest schedule in the NFL this year. Not terribly difficult to achieve considering they gave each opponent a win, but watching the Lions play several times this year -- I'm not even sure they were the worst team in the league.

I feel bad for the entire organization, they had the opportunity to win at least six different games this year and they came out fighting almost every week. I think they could have played the Browns today and mopped the floor with them.

The Cowboys issues are completely insane -- you try to look at some way to upgrade the players they have, and it really seems like they have nowhere to improve talent wise. But yet they still get absolutely floored earlier today. Unbelievable.

This is the biggest hater Cowboy thread ever. I hate the Cowboys but lets be serious.

The Lions are the first team to go 0-16 in the history of the NFL. The Cowboys are 9-7 and just missed the playoffs!!!!

The overhyped Cowboys stems from the media, not from the team.

Get real.

It all comes down to that old question. "What team would you rather be a fan of; one that's horrible every single year and worthy of only the lowest expectations, or a team that's playoff caliber, but manages to disappoint every single season, without exception?"

The Lions were so bad that they made history, but no one expected them to win more than 5-6 games. The Cowboys were alleged SB contenders and managed to validate every single criticism that's been thrown at them over the past three seasons, not to mention closing their stadium on the worst note imaginable. The Lions underperformed to a greater level if you look at their record vs. last year, but the Cowboys were the bigger disappointment overall.

Again, I don't see how this is such an easy question to answer, and apparently, the forum at large doesn't agree either, as the results show it to be about a tie at this point.

We weren't expecting much from the Lions. They weren't the SB picks this year. They don't have a hot, young QB that plays like Favre.

:dallasuck Dallas was supposed to be the dominant D once again but they fell short because of there own insecurities. :helmet:

Again, I don't see how this is such an easy question to answer, and apparently, the forum at large doesn't agree either, as the results show it to be about a tie at this point.

theres one flaw in your logic.

this is a redskins forum filled with thousands of people who are biased against the cowboys. The fact that its close says the lions are more pathetic hands down.

theres one flaw in your logic.

this is a redskins forum filled with thousands of people who are biased against the cowboys. The fact that its close says the lions are more pathetic hands down.

This is a fair point.

But hey, this stuff is subjective. There isn't a scientific formula for failure. However, if there was, I'm certain that both the Cowboys and Lions would be somehow represented. They're opposite sides of the spectrum of fail.

I hate the Cowboys. Maybe not as much as Redskins fans do, but let's be real here. Five years from now, this will just be another failure in a long list of Cowboys' failures. This Lions' season is still going to be mentioned on occasion 30 years from now or whenever another team approaches their level of futility.

get real. I hate the cowboys but plenty people have been picked to go to the superbowl and been far from it.

no one has ever gone 0-16. EVER. Lions win this easily.

The Lions were a team destined to fail before the season began. Millen should have been fired a year ago but was allowed to continue his destruction until after the start of the season. If they had accidentally won one game this would not be a thread and they lost a number of games in the last two minutes.

The Cowboys on the other hand were far and away the most hyped team in the NFL coming into the season as well as through the season. virtually every media outlet had them being the number one seed out of the NFC and competing in the SB. Right now those players are sitting on the edge of their bed after a miserable restless night of questions running through their mind of "WTF?" The Lions players all slept like babies!:2cents:

Archived