Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's time to part ways with Moss and Portis

redskins0756

I know people like Portis because it's hip to wear a running back's jersey and he consistently is in the league leaders in rushing' date=' but to be honest with everyone here I'd rather spend more money on an O-line and less on a couple mid grade running backs than spend the whole mortgage on a running back.[/quote']

I have been bashed for two years for saying this exact same thing.

Unfortunately, his contract is in fact so bad, that we might be stuck with him for another season.

I am still holding out hope that some other team loses their RB in the offseason, and they get desperate, and make us an offer that would minimize the financial damage in dumping him.

:cheers:

While we are at it lets dump the rest of the roster as well. This team isn't performing as a whole. True I will give you Portis running his mouth on the John Thompson show was a bit much and could have been avoided and Moss' end zone performance did warrant the level of play the team was putting on the field but these are easy fixes. If Zorn won't say it to these guys then their position coaches or Vinny himself needs to address the issues and make it clear this will not be tolerated and hand down fines if they continue. Part ways with Portis and Moss give me a break, Portis is having one of his best years in his career under a sub par offensive scheme and a banged up line. While Moss hasn't had the breakout year this year he still is capable of being the playmaker if we get him the ball. Hell he proved to Randle-El how to run back punts on a few occasions didn't he.

Moss proved once...against Detroit.

Disciplining these guys would have only intensified the situation. Knowing Portis he would have gone on the John Thompson show whining once again about how the world hates him and he's not getting the ball. He had one of his best seasons through the first 8 games, then what happened? The going got tough and Portis not only didn't step up and be a leader but he added more fuel to the fire by acting the way he did.

When has Moss been a playmaker as of late when we've needed him? I haven't seen anything to warrant the huge dollars we are paying him if he is such the playmaker you claim.

The fact is that the individuals on this team need to take more responsibility, and that centers around Moss and Portis because of their longevity with this franchise and the type of leadership role they should be taking.

I also never said dump the entire team read my initial post again.:doh:

I'm a huge CP fan and feel that when a man brings it like he does on game days, he's the last guy who should get slammed. I suspect those slamming him now have always had a problem with him and it's par for the course with these people. When CP is leading this team to the playoffs in 05 and 07 and leading the NFL in rushing in the first half of the year, they're silent. Second things get bumpy, their true colors come through and the bashing starts anew.

Until then, I'll support the guy who gives it his all every Sunday and has had to put up with alot of garbage around him and yet still carried this team further than it probably deserved to go.

Or maybe some people are perennially disappointed with Clinton's attitude and look way beyond what he brings as an athlete.

On the field, he's a "superstar" in every way. His heart, commitment and ability is unquestioned. Sadly, he has no concept of how to conduct himself off the field as such, as witnessed by his latest petulant temper tantrum last week because his Head Coach had the gall to call the shots to him, instead of the other way around.

But again, when the owner's got his back over the HC's due to the big $'s Clinton brings in, what chance doe's ANY Coach have of sorting these jerks out?

Hail.

Look the problem with this team is a simple lack of professionalism that has allowed to fester on and off the field. This team's key veteran leaders, Clinton Portis and Santana Moss, have only aided in showing why this team lacks any sort of professional behavior on and off the field.

Why stop there Chris Cooley should be included in this conversation.

After all how professional was he posting not only the PLAYBOOK but his WINKIE as well.

Jason Reid on Washington Post Live only added to more fuel to the fire. He said

You mean La Can Loser's biatch Jason Reid:rolleyes: yeah until I get a name I'll pass on the " team source".

Now if you look up unprofessional in the dictionary, alongside Clinton Portis you'll also see Santana Moss in there. What I can't understand is that after you have been dropping balls left and right the last 3 seasons

Again Cooley has ha a case of the dropsies too... SEVERAL Key passes including the 1st drive yesterday leading to a TD.

missing time because of injuries

Fire him NOW...a football player missing time because of FOOTBALL INJURIES.:silly:

I can not believe we continue to put up with his antics.

Oh the shame Santana Moss' on field/ off field tactics have caused me to suffer as a Redskins fan.

Or maybe some people are perennially disappointed with Clinton's attitude and look way beyond what he brings as an athlete.

On the field, he's a "superstar" in every way. His heart, commitment and ability is unquestioned. Sadly, he has no concept of how to conduct himself off the field as such, as witnessed by his latest petulant temper tantrum last week because his Head Coach had the gall to call the shots to him, instead of the other way around.

But again, when the owner's got his back over the HC's due to the big $'s Clinton brings in, what chance doe's ANY Coach have of sorting these jerks out?

Hail.

It's unfortunate that we've come to expect this behavior from Clinton. You would think that after being in this league for nearly 7 years he would get it. Also he was coached by HOF'er in Gibbs and a very good coach in Shanahan. Somewhere along the line he should have learned how to conduct himself as a professional from both of these men? I guess not. And it speaks volumes about the lack of character and commitment Clinton has. Because you mention he has "commitment", I beg to differ. When you throw your coach under the bus and create disunity in the locker room single handedly, you are committing not to the team but to yourself.

It never ceases to amaze me what people post after a loss.

So we part ways with our #1 WR and #1 RB...and next season we win 1 game.

Come on fans, don't let anger and frustration cloud your common sense.

What did having Portis & Moss do for the Skins this year??...look we have the worse offense in the NFL..HOW CAN IT GET ANY WORSE..so what if the Skins only win 1 game next year..does anyone believe a few players can fix this rotten mess..this team is in a long slide down ..as long as Snyder continues to manage this team with his puppet vinny it is only gonna get worse..

One problem is Portis is an old 27. He's carried the ball ALOT. This year shows signs that he's breaking down. I know we can blame the line this year, but the line blocked just fine yesterday and Portis only mustered 3 ypc yesterday. He's going to have to realize that he's no longer worth the money he's due and allow us to free up some money to give him some help. With the amount of wear he's getting he's well on his way to going the Shawn Alexander route of no longer physically able to do it anymore.

Why stop there Chris Cooley should be included in this conversation.

After all how professional was he posting not only the PLAYBOOK but his WINKIE as well.

You mean La Can Loser's biatch Jason Reid:rolleyes: yeah until I get a name I'll pass on the " team source".

Again Cooley has ha a case of the dropsies too... SEVERAL Key passes including the 1st drive yesterday leading to a TD.

Fire him NOW...a football player missing time because of FOOTBALL INJURIES.:silly:

Oh the shame Santana Moss' on field/ off field tactics have caused me to suffer as a Redskins fan.

I guess you're satisfied with the mediocrity these two players have shown and the lack of professionalism they have conducted themselves with. Oh and how did Cooley's situation have to do directly with this football team? Did he call out his coach on the radio? Did he decide to make some ridiculous touchdown dance? Where has Moss been as of late I thought he is the playmaking receiver on this team?

You are clearly misguided:doh:

One problem is Portis is an old 27. He's carried the ball ALOT. This year shows signs that he's breaking down. I know we can blame the line this year' date=' but the line blocked just fine yesterday and Portis only mustered 3 ypc yesterday. He's going to have to realize that he's no longer worth the money he's due and allow us to free up some money to give him some help. With the amount of wear he's getting he's well on his way to going the Shawn Alexander route of no longer physically able to do it anymore.[/quote']

Well 27 isn't "old" but with the number of carries he has had you are right, it is taking its toll on his body.

Also not to nitpick but it's "Shaun" not "Shawn".

Moss proved once...against Detroit.

Disciplining these guys would have only intensified the situation. Knowing Portis he would have gone on the John Thompson show whining once again about how the world hates him and he's not getting the ball. He had one of his best seasons through the first 8 games, then what happened? The going got tough and Portis not only didn't step up and be a leader but he added more fuel to the fire by acting the way he did.

When has Moss been a playmaker as of late when we've needed him? I haven't seen anything to warrant the huge dollars we are paying him if he is such the playmaker you claim.

The fact is that the individuals on this team need to take more responsibility, and that centers around Moss and Portis because of their longevity with this franchise and the type of leadership role they should be taking.

I also never said dump the entire team read my initial post again.:doh:

I agree with individuals need to take more responsibility but its not just on Moss and Portis. Jansen and Samuels have been here longer than anyone and Sellers for that matter too so collectively they all need to do their role and light a fire under everyone.

As far as the discipline like I said you hit a man in his wallet where its hurts you will get results. Fact of the matter is I like Snyder has sided with Portis in this matter and now the player is going to do what he wants to because the owner has his back. Play this scenario back one year ago, do you think Snyder would back Portis with Joe Gibbs there. No, because Snyder had the upmost respect for Gibbs and would never throw him under the bus. Bottom line you gotta fine the guys to send a clear cut message that disrespect will not be tolerated.

Who also do we replace Moss with? I hear you on he hasn't had to playmaker year but I think that goes back to the play schemes. Thrash isn't a number 1, nor is Randle-El and Thomas or Kelly haven't proven yet that they can do it so I say you have to stick with what you have because there is no one else to step up on this roster to take his place. And please don't say we can take another receiver in the draft or free agency because the O-line needs an upgrade and we need a couple good defensive tackles as well before we can even worry about any other position.

I'm actually not acting on emotions of the previous game because I provided evidence from OTHER games. When has Moss been a playmaker lately? He hasn't. I haven't seen him step up to the occasion or Portis.

well, if they would throw him the ball more than 2 times a game, he'd be great again...

when TC came in for JC last year, he did fine; he has to have opportunities to catch the ball, and not be forced to jump for it with a lb making a bee line to him

Because you mention he has "commitment", I beg to differ. When you throw your coach under the bus and create disunity in the locker room single handedly, you are committing not to the team but to yourself.

I was alluding to his "on field" commitment on a Sunday.

I agree wholeheartedly with every point you've made, save for it sadly being financially impossible to cut him. :cheers:.

Hail.

The cap hit would totally destroy the roster. Even if we wanted to take drastic actions, it couldn't be done.

Maybe a start would be an owner that backed his Head Coach instead of siding with, and condoning, his "franchise players", due to the money they make him.

Hail.

But the owner and gm have to first have a freakin clue themselves!! Our owner isn't the type that tells players at the door that he backs the coach 100% and what he says goes......so UNTIL everyone gets this concept that it STARTS at the top, all of these wonderful ideas and solutions for bettering the team will fall on deaf ears!! The owner and gm set the tone of the team in general...look at the teams that have won Superbowls lately...what do they all have in common?

But EVERYteam has a bad apple or two or someone that stirs the pot once in awhile... thats no reason to run people out of town.

It wouldn't be a bad idea at all if the skins didn't just give CP 20 mil in guaranteed money.

Sorry but no matter what you may think, your argument is flawed because it just isn't possible. Regardless of whether I agree with you or not.

Moss is expendable but I'd rather see the Skins get another WR in addition to the O line and D line help they so desperately need.

The Oline is crap..and now is even worse crap with crap lineman missing with their backups playing and you wonder why Clinton only got 70yds rushing. you sir don't get it. I can agree with the lack of professionalism stuff but having any issue with that man's play on the field is absurd. ( oh and there is that little thing called the salary cap, think on that one)

I guess you're satisfied with the mediocrity these two players have shown and the lack of professionalism they have conducted themselves with. Oh and how did Cooley's situation have to do directly with this football team? Did he call out his coach on the radio? Did he decide to make some ridiculous touchdown dance? Where has Moss been as of late I thought he is the playmaking receiver on this team?

You are clearly dense if you think either Moss' or Portis' play is mediocre(lack of professionalism i give you/agree) . So I guess you want Ladanian or Adrian Peterson, those are probably the only two backs that are better. Santana did a dumb thing no doubt, i hated seeing it..but the guy can play..he may not be a definite #1 but he is one of the few game changers/playmakers we have. You just like letting your fingers go delinquent and spew nonsense..that much is apparent.

"Hey look at me I have these great exciting ideas like getting rid of our two best offensive players and paying no attention to cap ramifications." Steve Czaban is my Idol.

I guess you're satisfied with the mediocrity these two players have shown and the lack of professionalism they have conducted themselves with.

The WHOLE damn offense has been medicore. Not just Portis and Moss.

This WHOLE DAMN team has played with NO HEART, NO PRIDE,and no professionalism this past month.

Would you have me believe all the ills that plague the Redskins will magically disappear by trading/ cutting Portis and Moss?:rolleyes:

and how did Cooley's situation have to do directly with this football team? Did he call out his coach on the radio? Did he decide to make some ridiculous touchdown dance?

No but he did show THE WHOLE WORLD his winkie. I don't know about you but I was PROUD:point2sky. It screams professionalism doesn't it;).

Where has Moss been as of late I thought he is the playmaking receiver on this team?

And what exactly did Cooley do to STEP UP and be a LEADER??

I'm rubber.... you're glue :doh:

Zorn said that Moss honestly didn't know that he was using a prop during the shoe shine. I believe that. Moss doesn't have a history with excessive TD celebrations.

I call bull**** on this one.

Every other person in the entire world knew that as soon as he grabbed his towel it was going to be flagged as a prop, yet he didn't know?

Yeah, that makes sense...

Archived