Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It is the Execution

Chiefinonhaze

Because we keep doing it. This is why we lost the Rams game. We should have won that one. Our players are not focused and not giving it their all. We have to stick with Zorn, we can't change coaches and philosophies every year we wil never be good that way.

There's your answer. If the team keeps doing the penalties and turning the ball over so often, then it falls on the coaches as they aren't getting the players ready.

I'm not saying fire him, but he has a long ways to go. If he is back next season, the smartest decision he can make is to have open competition at the QB position and not just name JC the starter.

Snyder had every opportunity to have true continuity by keeping Williams and Saunders this year to avoid changing philosophies. How did that turn out?

Yeah Snyder blew it. This team had a special bond with Williams, and they all wanted him. We had the change to finally be a stable franchise, and now we are back to square one. It really hurts. **** Snyder. **** Snyder. **** Snyder. As much as I wanted Williams to be the coach, I really want to see continuity so we have to give Zorn more time. He needs to get his players in heree who fit HIS scheme, not Gibbs' scheme

Like I've been saying, our Linemen are smart and skilled but they just don't compare to other bigger physical linemen on other teams. Samuels and Griffin is the only one that looks like they work out. Jansen, Rabach, Fabini etc look like lard.

If he is back next season, the smartest decision he can make is to have open competition at the QB position and not just name JC the starter.

Now THAT I agree with. Except for London Fletcher, I'm having trouble coming up with ANYONE who should go into next year knowing he owns his position.

There's your answer. If the team keeps doing the penalties and turning the ball over so often, then it falls on the coaches as they aren't getting the players ready.

I'm not saying fire him, but he has a long ways to go. If he is back next season, the smartest decision he can make is to have open competition at the QB position and not just name JC the starter.

It's Zorns fault that players keep having false starts and lining up wrong? These guys are paid pretty ******* well. If they can't keep concentration throughout the game it is on them. Do you think Zorn has anything to do with the mental errors these players are making? He obviously doesn't encourage it, so he is not at fault.

Isn't it the coach's responsability to make sure the execution is correct? I thought I heard that somewhere. You can't just be an X's and O'x guy. You have to prepare the team and then get them to execute.

btw, Zorn is doing plenty wrong. Here's a play calling issue I have:

1st and goal from inside the 3, and Portis NEVER TOUCHES THE BALL. I personally think that's a fireable offense right there. And then he said he thought he had a "great call" in the presser. Bull crap. 3 runs by Portis from 1st down, and I can't imagine how they don't score.

Here's another one: At the beginning of the game, they ran on 1st down every single time. EVERY SINGLE TIME. And they got stuffed EVERY SINGLE TIME. It wasn't until they started mixing it up a bit when they started to have success.

So while it might not be the scheme all by itself, the play calling has been crap for a while. Zorn is trying to out think himself. Rookie mistake.

The execution is not great either. But that's his responsibility too.

So one way or the other, the buck stops with the HC. Period.

I think the problem is a little mixture of both play calling AND poor execution. The Redskins had the football on the 8? yard line with 2:09 seconds left and chose to RUN a SWEEP? Sorry but that one falls squarely on the coach

The next play may have been a good play call, but Campbell botched it. That one is on execution.

3rd down, screen pass? Play calling. Terrible call. The Skins didn't take ONE single shot into the end zone down by 10 points with 2:00 left. That says something. Maybe it's a lack of confidence in Campbell?

Yeah this loss is squarely on the shoulders of JZ. What was he thinking when Cooley and Sellers fumbled. (definately his fault) Or the horrible passes he made to the receivers. Jim Zorn's coverage of Chris Henry was terrible on that TD reception, guess he just forgot to look for the ball. Sure fire him and all these problems will go away...keep dreaming!

Yeah this loss is squarely on the shoulders of JZ. What was he thinking when Cooley and Sellers fumbled. (definately his fault) Or the horrible passes he made to the receivers. Jim Zorn's coverage of Chris Henry was terrible on that TD reception, guess he just forgot to look for the ball. Sure fire him and all these problems will go away...keep dreaming!

Not being sarcastic, but when should a coach get the responsibility after a loss

Zorn is very egoistic imo he needs an offensive coordinator on that red zone drive where sellers fumbled....u gotta give the defensive a look that their not ready for instead we ran the ball twice...a lot of times when theres a timeout or a break in play our offense isnt ready and campbell gets the play call in with like 15-20 seconds left on the playclock............it doesnt make sense yes our players have not played great but this is essentially the same team as last year cept they put up crap points week in and week out....

I think the Offense is unable to execute because the line is not giving them the opportunity to execute. So yes, I think it boils down to execution. What the coach can do is to make it easier for the players with playcalling, but if the execution is not there for the basic plays, there's nothing the coach can do.

The defense can only do so much and to expect them to win games for the team in week 14 when your offense is nowhere to be found is unfair.

Gibbs was much maligned for his coaching last year, and yet he had the SAME guys and his team played better. Its the coaching.

Otherwise, no coach ever fumbles the ball, and ever throws interceptions, and ever allows TD's. So it would ALWAYS be the execution. Yet these coaches coach these players every practice and every game.

Is it the execution that continues to fail to get TDs on running plays, when the defense knows we will run, and after we drafted a bunch of big receivers for that purpose? Is it the execution when every 3rd down the defense stacks the line, makes no attempt to disguise it, and all-out blitzes while we run 3 routes that dont get open and never sneak a back out of the backfield?

No, it is not.

i don't understand the blame on Zorn. Zorn didn't fumble the ball. I don't see anything he is doing wrong. Yeah he shouldn't have aired his players out, but he was right. We are not executing like we were early in the season. That was his offense as well. If we fire him, I will be devastated. Gibbs finished 8-8 his first year. Give him more than a year
Gibbs didn't start 6-2 in his first year.

Gibbs didn't start 6-2 in his first year.

No. He started 0-5. And then they finished 8-8, going 8-3 over the last 11.

Zorn started 6-2, and then very possibly will go 1-7 over the last 8.

Which one gives some hope?

I'm not saying Zorn should be fired. Just saying.

But it's all on the coach. He's responsible for the scheme and also for the execution. Win or Lose.

i don't understand the blame on Zorn. Zorn didn't fumble the ball. I don't see anything he is doing wrong. Yeah he shouldn't have aired his players out, but he was right. We are not executing like we were early in the season. That was his offense as well. If we fire him, I will be devastated. Gibbs finished 8-8 his first year. Give him more than a year

It always annoys me when people just cite final records in these types of situations.

While Gibbs finished 8-8 his first year, his offense was actually one of the league's best even during the losing streak, and he made adjustments in the middle of the season to give the team momentum going into the next season; in short, that season, Gibbs established the identity of a team that would become the 2nd winningest team of the 1980's and early 1990's (2nd to SF).

It's absurd to compare Gibbs's mediocre first season to Zorn's. This team has regressed for the last two months and isn't going anywhere, while Gibbs's first season set the tone for 3 SB's, 4 NFC Titles, and numerous playoff appearances.

Zorn sucks. His playcalling is atrocious and he picks the worst plays at the worst times. Simple as that. The 6-2 start was all smoke and mirrors and a result of no one knowing a thing about him.

I don't get how Wade Phillips goes 13-3 in his first season as the Cowboys head coach with a team that didn't even make the playoffs the year before, but we sit here and continue to fall deeper and deeper into the cellar of the Beast.

:applause:

If he stays next year we need to get a new offensive coordinator.

Gibbs was much maligned for his coaching last year, and yet he had the SAME guys and his team played better. Its the coaching.

Otherwise, no coach ever fumbles the ball, and ever throws interceptions, and ever allows TD's. So it would ALWAYS be the execution. Yet these coaches coach these players every practice and every game

Is it the execution that continues to fail to get TDs on rning plays, when the defense knows we will run, and after we drafted a bunch of big receiversll for that purpose? Is it the execution when every 3rd down the defense stacks the line, makes no attempt to disguise it, anons,d all-out blitzes while we run 3 routes that dont get open and never sneak a back out of the backfield?

r

No, it is not.

Gibbs had a similar record with cambell under center. Then, once Collins comes in we make playoffs everyone says what great players. Is it coaching that prevented us from scoring from the one yard line? NO. When you are on the goal line, it is man to man will versus will. In those situations, it is up to the players to push it in. We will never find a coach if we give every coach one year. Didn't Gibbs go 5-11 his first year of his second go-around? We never gave u on Gibbs.

No. He started 0-5. And then they finished 8-8, going 8-3 over the last 11.

Zorn started 6-2, and then very possibly will go 1-7 over the last 8.

Which one gives some hope?

I'm not saying Zorn should be fired. Just saying.

But it's all on the coach. He's responsible for the scheme and also for the execution. Win or Lose.

That's my point.

Always the same argument lol. Some blame the coach, others blame the players, the ones who are paid millions of dollors to execute. If you ask me, I think blaming the coach over the poor overpaid players i s a copout. These players make enough money to do their jobs on the field. Why then sould the coach be blamed for not holding their hand, or what media calls preparing them.

Coach calls the plays and prepares them during the week, it's up to the players to do it on the field.

Archived