Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It is the Execution

Chiefinonhaze

i don't understand the blame on Zorn. Zorn didn't fumble the ball. I don't see anything he is doing wrong. Yeah he shouldn't have aired his players out, but he was right. We are not executing like we were early in the season. That was his offense as well. If we fire him, I will be devastated. Gibbs finished 8-8 his first year. Give him more than a year

Zorn sucks. His playcalling is atrocious and he picks the worst plays at the worst times. Simple as that. The 6-2 start was all smoke and mirrors and a result of no one knowing a thing about him.

I don't get how Wade Phillips goes 13-3 in his first season as the Cowboys head coach with a team that didn't even make the playoffs the year before, but we sit here and continue to fall deeper and deeper into the cellar of the Beast.

I am not buying into the statements that 'The West Coast offense works, its just execution." Fact is, we dont run the West Coast offense - we run a hybrid offense that includes apects of the West Coast passing game.

Zorn blew this game, hands down. First and goal at the 1 and your pro bowl caliber back doesnt touch the ball once?????? Portis spouted off at the mouth this week, i look at him before i send him in and say you get three chances - you ran your mouth, now run the ball. Portis scores on the first carry.

The other issue that has been glaring and discussed over and over again - Vinny must go. The lack of attention to the offense and defensive line is plain as day - we cannot pass block and we cannot pass rush.

Moss needs to be a #2 receiver and we need to get a legit #1. Then we gotta get younger on the O line, a pass rusher on the D line. Its talent like the person above me said. Thomas and Kelly are gonna take a couple of years, TJ Houshmanzadah is a FA next year but he might be franchised. The only way we can get a receiver that is a #1 is by trade and we all know we dont like to use draft picks up.

Zorn sucks. His playcalling is atrocious and he picks the worst plays at the worst times. Simple as that. The 6-2 start was all smoke and mirrors and a result of no one knowing a thing about him.

I don't get how Wade Phillips goes 13-3 in his first season as the Cowboys head coach with a team that didn't even make the playoffs the year before, but we sit here and continue to fall deeper and deeper into the cellar of the Beast.

um..the caliber of players is way different between those teams. the cowboys did make the playoffs the year before.

DUDE you are the one who made the thread saying our defense was better than the Ravens and then you made ANOTHER thread saying that Vinny Cerrato's great and NOW YOU MAKE THIS THREAD

STOP MAKING THREADS PLEASE

**** you.. First of all, the thread title is Vinny is not that bad. I never said he was great. Second of all, It is the execution. Why did we suck on offense last year as well untill Collins came in? Was it the playcalling too? Collins comes in, they call the same plays, but he executes them???? Its not rocket science buddy

it is not the scheme. The Seahawks were great in the WCO. Something is wrong with the execution. Coaches get too much credit for a win and too much blame when they lose. Football is a physical game, you must beat the guy in front of you, regardless of the play. We are a soft team.

what do the seahawks have anything to do with this?....

zorn didn't create the scheme there..

he never called plays

He was a QB coach....he had nothing to do with their scheme.

it is not the scheme. The Seahawks were great in the WCO. Something is wrong with the execution. Coaches get too much credit for a win and too much blame when they lose. Football is a physical game, you must beat the guy in front of you, regardless of the play. We are a soft team.

its one thing when holmgren is calling the plays rather than some qb coach who now is a headcoach.

its one thing when holmgren is calling the plays rather than some qb coach who now is a headcoach.

Yes, but I am almost positive he gets a lot of his teachings and tendencies from Holmgren. He even said himself, he likes to think "What would Holmgren do?"

Gibbs went 8-8 his first year as head coach. Give the guy some time, or we will never find a coach. The plays looked fine to me. Cooley made a big fumble to basically give up a TD. Zorn has nothing to do with those F ups. Zorn also has nothing to do with all of those stupid penalties either.

Some of you guys ride the players nuts too much. There is only so much a coach can do. They draw up the plays, and the players execute them. I haven't seen that execution period.

i don't understand the blame on Zorn. Zorn didn't fumble the ball. I don't see anything he is doing wrong. Yeah he shouldn't have aired his players out, but he was right. We are not executing like we were early in the season. That was his offense as well. If we fire him, I will be devastated. Gibbs finished 8-8 his first year. Give him more than a year

I see where your coming from, but Zorn shouldn't have trusted Sellers like that. It's funny though, almost everyone on this board was praying for Sellers to get more touches. And when he does get touches, he fumbles. :doh:

This thread is right on....IT REALLY IS THE EXECUTION....and when you have a QB that cannot consistently execute plays, guess what happens? Yup, drives that stop, 3 and outs, and settling for FGs instead of TDs. Nothing is more critical on offense than having a good QB, and the real measuring stick is his WIN/LOSS record. I have said this for over a year now. Does the team win or does the team lose when he's out there under center? 12-14 is now Campbell's record. CHANGE is in order with Campbell's offense that is on LIFE SUPPORT. And don't you excuse makers even think about blaming the O-line this time.....

it's both.

he may not have fumbled it but you don't give the ball to your FB 2 times in a row when your star RB has already put up 72 yards before the end of the 3rd quarter...This makes it look like Zorn had a grudge against portis, which probably cost us the game.

Wasn,t just a week ago fans were complaing that Sells should be a 3rd and 1 back

So then why does any team fire any coach at all. No coach fumbles, throws picks, makes penalties.

So then why does any team fire any coach at all. No coach fumbles, throws picks, makes penalties.

Because we keep doing it. This is why we lost the Rams game. We should have won that one. Our players are not focused and not giving it their all. We have to stick with Zorn, we can't change coaches and philosophies every year we wil never be good that way.

There is bad play and execution, no doubt. There is also bad playcalling, bad preparation and bad coaching/leadership. The coach is either unwilling or unable to snap these guys into shape, proof that the FO has no idea what it's doing with the players or the coaches. Zorn is over his head so deeply he doesn't even realize it.

Because we keep doing it. This is why we lost the Rams game. We should have won that one. Our players are not focused and not giving it their all. We have to stick with Zorn, we can't change coaches and philosophies every year we wil never be good that way.

Snyder had every opportunity to have true continuity by keeping Williams and Saunders this year to avoid changing philosophies. How did that turn out?

sorry but somewhere in amongst players themselves screwing up is a coach taking his responsibility for preperation. The whole of the 1st quarter was as if we had wound the clock back to the first game against the Giants where the 1st half had me almost passing out we were so bad. A team with no energy and as for the technical fouls such as illegal formation which seems to hit us every bloody game. Preparation - thats a coaching responsibility.

Archived