Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI.com Redskins rookie Chris Horton is walking in his idol's footsteps[not don banks]

corrupt3d

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/lee_jenkins/12/11/horton/index.html?eref=sircrc

great article and pretty well-written. He makes a valid point, 7th rounders must be taken seriously and really, though people have said it before, it's possible to find an absolute gem back there.

EDIT: And I do like the shout out to Homer McFanboy, but I really hope he knows thats not his real name...

Hell of a story, Chris Horton is one draft pick you can't criticize the FO for making. Hopefully, Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly will turn out the same.

Edit: I just wanted to add this quote because it shows what kind of guy Chris Horton is, he's a hard worker and he's a very humble dude:

"People tell me all the time that I remind them of Sean Taylor," Horton said. "I tell them, 'No.' I give it everything I've got and I always will, but I will never be Sean Taylor. He will never be forgotten."

great piece, this kid is going to be a stud ... truly a diamond in the rough, it's nice to get away from all the negative press lately. I expect him and LL to be quite the duo for years to come as well!

Agreed. I hope LL is just in a sophomore slump because he has missed a lot of tackles in both run support and coverage. Other teams don't mind throwing over the middle against him.

Chris Horton is a perfect example of how more important heart and determination are then lightning speed or incredible strength.

He's also a perfect example of why we need to stop chasing free agents and start focusing on thoroughly analyzing every draft prospect.

Horton is a stud. If only our DL could generate a little bit more pressure our DBs would lead the league not in Pro Bowl voting (:laugh:) but also INTs.

Agreed. I hope LL is just in a sophomore slump because he has missed a lot of tackles in both run support and coverage. Other teams don't mind throwing over the middle against him.

Didn't ST lead the league in missed tackles his second year? And look how that turned out... I expect a similar type "slump" from Horton next year as he gains more responsibilities and opposing teams start game-planning for him, but I think he'll be a stud his third year if he keeps up the hard work.

LL has been better than people are giving him credit for IMO. He missed some tackles in the Giants game but in the Ravens game he got a pick and forced a fumble from a big hit.

Show this thread to the guy that started the thread about "When is Danny getting rid of Vinny?"...

:doh:

The Horton pick up was huge for many reasons considering the tragic death of ST. I thought, like many, that we'd be weak at the strong spot for many years since Landry was moved over to the free spot. Vinny deserves some credit for a lot of these moves. Let's see if he can find another diamond in the rough this draft...bet he does. And, not that I have to clarify this statement, I've been very critical of Vinny for his mistakes, but I give him credit for all of his good moves as well. Most here do not know how to give praise and criticize equally. :2cents:

Archived