Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Axelrod Denies Barack Obama Met With Rod Blagojevich - AOL News

TrumanB

Hey buddy, just repeating what they are saying on Olbermann.

What kills me is when people think politicians in different positions live in a vacuum. Obama was probably very much aware of what was going on, because in Washington news/gossip spreads faster than a high school girl's locker room.

Obama was aware the gov was under investigation. That is why you never heard anything from him during the campaign. He didn't even get to say anything at the convention (which every other Dem gov was invited to do, from what I hear). So he was definitely staying away from him...

The OP continues his trademark crusading (which is fine) even though denying he's doing it, but he also worked overtime and authored five of the anti-Obama tags on his own thread, including the "JMU" tags. Stellar work. Very erudite. ;)

And dwolf, your pleas for the righteous freedom of unhindered expression still wouldn't have much meaning even minus the dumb "brown-shirt" and "oppressed dissenter" nonsense. Your call for genteel treatment is further undermined as directed by transparently false motives and selectively applied principles. Nice job on your tags, too. :D

I know it's way off topic, but I'm curious... are the tags working. I haven't written one yet and I'm not even sure I know how. Seems like they've been just a hit and run and cheap joke tactic. What was the goal of the tags?

To provide another creative way for some members to show what juvenile jackasses they are in addition to the traditional method of simply posting.

I'm confused. So you expect a Senator from Illinois not to shake the hand of the Governor of Illinois?

It's been reported numerous places that Obama didn't support the guy in his campaign for Governor and that this guy didn't support Obama in his 2004 Senate campaign - so it's not like they're close.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/12/questions-arise.html

That would be wrong

On the Chicago TV show "Public Affairs with Jeff Berkowitz" on June 27, 2002, state Sen. Obama said, "Right now, my main focus is to make sure that we elect Rod Blagojevich as Governor, we..."

"You working hard for Rod?" interrupted Berkowitz.

"You betcha," said Obama.

"Hot Rod?" asked the host.

"That's exactly right," Obama said.

In 2004, then-Gov. Blagojevich enthusiastically endorsed Obama for the Senate seat after he won the nomination, and Obama endorsed Blagojevich for his 2006 re-election race in early 2005.

In the Summer of 2006, then-U.S. Sen. Obama backed Blagojevich even though there were serious questions at the time about Blago's hiring practices.

Wow so this confirms that Obama was in cahoots with Blago? Damn, I didn't want to believe all this talk that Barack was a scumbag. He seemed like a good leader. Now he looks like just another Illinois politician.

This seems extra super sincere when your tags are "dems = fail" and "Obama = crook." :D

Is honesty considered a liability in your head or are you just bad at sarcasm? :)

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/12/questions-arise.html

That would be wrong

On the Chicago TV show "Public Affairs with Jeff Berkowitz" on June 27, 2002, state Sen. Obama said, "Right now, my main focus is to make sure that we elect Rod Blagojevich as Governor, we..."

"You working hard for Rod?" interrupted Berkowitz.

"You betcha," said Obama.

"Hot Rod?" asked the host.

"That's exactly right," Obama said.

In 2004, then-Gov. Blagojevich enthusiastically endorsed Obama for the Senate seat after he won the nomination, and Obama endorsed Blagojevich for his 2006 re-election race in early 2005.

In the Summer of 2006, then-U.S. Sen. Obama backed Blagojevich even though there were serious questions at the time about Blago's hiring practices.

Obviously I didn't mean in the general against a Republican. However, it's been reported he didn't back him in the primary and that they aren't close at all.

Oh well, doesn't really matter.

The OP continues his trademark crusading (which is fine) even though denying he's doing it, but he also worked overtime and authored five of the anti-Obama tags on his own thread, including the "JMU" tags. Stellar work. Very erudite. ;)

Care to share with the board who authored the "Truman" tags? (not counting the one I just put in there myself)

To provide another creative way for some members to show what juvenile jackasses they are in addition to the traditional method of simply posting.

Near as I can tell, the only purpose they serve is to allow people to be offensive while hiding who's saying it.

Although I'll also admit that I haven't been paying attention to the things.

Care to share with the board who authored the "Truman" tags? (not counting the one I just put in there myself)

I want to say I did, but I never lie. :D

Though as wel all know I am a terribel human being, otherwise.

It was BigMike.

:silly:

I keed I keed

JMU did one. :D Mad Mike another.

And you did "Truman is God" :laugh: :applause:

Liked your stadium thread, btw...:)

Near as I can tell, the only purpose they serve is to allow people to be offensive while hiding who's saying it.

Although I'll also admit that I haven't been paying attention to the things.

They are under the protection of the ACLU until I say otherwise so don't get uppity.

I want to say I did, but I never lie. :D

Though as wel all know I am a terribel human being, otherwise.

It was BigMike.

:silly:

I keed I keed

JMU did one. :D Mad Mike another.

And you did "Truman is God" :laugh: :applause:

Liked your stadium thread, btw...:)

Thanks. JMU doesn't surprise me. I don't really know Mad Mike, so can't comment.

As far as my Stadium thread, I still think we could have taken more shots down the field (at least before Samuels went down). I'm sure Zorn would listen to me as much as the fine folks in the Tailgate do. :cool:

Thanks. JMU doesn't surprise me. I don't really know Mad Mike, so can't comment.

As far as my Stadium thread, I still think we could have taken more shots down the field (at least before Samuels went down). I'm sure Zorn would listen to me as much as the fine folks in the Tailgate do. :cool:

I have to admit, your tag calling me a partisan hack is the height of irony.

Archived