Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Axelrod Denies Barack Obama Met With Rod Blagojevich - AOL News

TrumanB

Start combining this with your "Obama smokes OMG!!!" thread and many of your past attempts to somehow sling anything to see if it sticks and it doesn't take a very high IQ to see you for what you are.

Stop trying to act like you're all innocent and just raising important questions - when it's plainly obvious to everyone on both sides of the aisle what the purpose of your threads are.

Give it a rest. Really.

Psssst.... I may disagree with him on some issues but I voted for Obama. I know that's a tough concept for partisans to comprehend. But that's the kind of thing we independents do.

I know you did. But you did so after a lot of thought (to your credit).

You are hardly a mindless "Obamanaut" of the kind that Truman pretends the rest of us are. I thought that might carry some weight with him, to know that someone not ordinarily viewed as a liberal partisan Tailgater also thinks that he is making a big stink out of nothing.

I suspect I was wasting my time.

I believe Obama when he states HE had no contact with Blago but that doesn't mean his "people" didn't have talks with the Gov. The tapes of Blago dropping F bombs because Obama/his people were not giving him jack, implies there indeed were talks between Blago and Obama representatives. If there were said conversations and Blago did ask for something, did Obama's rep(s) report this activity to the appropriate authorities?

Reports out of Chicago are that Rahm Emmanuel, Obama's right hand man, was the guy who dropped the dime on Blago for trying to sell the Senate seat.

I know you did. But you did so after a lot of thought (to your credit).

You are hardly a mindless "Obamanaut" of the kind that Truman pretends the rest of us are. I thought that might carry some weight with him, to know that someone not ordinarily viewed as a liberal partisan Tailgater also thinks that he is making a big stink out of nothing.

I suspect I was wasting my time.

Fair enough.

Reports out of Chicago are that Rahm Emmanuel, Obama's right hand man, was the guy who dropped the dime on Blago for trying to sell the Senate seat.

I heard that and good for Rahm if it is true. I can't believe he would do this if he thought there was any way Blago could retaliate/had dirt against him or Obama.

I think this is dangerous greound for Obama.

He clearly didnt do anything wrong. But that's hardly ever the point in scandals.

1- I find it IMPOSSIBLE to believe that the outgoing Senator, President Elect, leader of the Dem party had ZERO contact with the person making the decision on who would replace him.

2- In the tapes, Blag.. is clearly upset that Obama wouldnt play ball. Which tells me two things. First- He EXPECTED him to play ball, in which case Id want to know where that expectation arose. And Second- It means that some contact was had between the two parties.

It's peripheral **** like this that usually ends up being the biggest nightmare for politicians.

2- In the tapes, Blag.. is clearly upset that Obama wouldnt play ball. Which tells me two things. First- He EXPECTED him to play ball, in which case Id want to know where that expectation arose. And Second- It means that some contact was had between the two parties.

The expectation probably comes from the fact that most politicians, especially those he deals with on a regular basis, are corrupt scum.

For example, Candidate #5 has been identified as Jesse Jackson, Jr. who offered $1 million for the seat:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=274416&page=4

The expectation probably comes from the fact that most politicians, especially those he deals with on a regular basis, are corrupt scum.

For example, Candidate #5 has been identified as Jesse Jackson, Jr. who offered $1 million for the seat:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=274416&page=4

I think that's true. And again, I dont think Obama did anything wrong. But I do think he has some questions swirling about that need to be addressed pronto.

I think that's true. And again, I dont think Obama did anything wrong. But I do think he has some questions swirling about that need to be addressed pronto.
Actually, I think there's more than enough people going down here that makes it easier for Obama stay above the fray.

Blago is the headliner. He may be sucking in JJ Jr. As long as other people are in the spotlight, there's no need for Obama to say anything. The McDougals went down for Whitewater. Scooter Libby went down for Valerie Plame. Obama has even been pretty quick to cut loose guys like Reverend Wright, Samantha Power, or Jim Johnson. When the public wants to see a hanging, it's best not to step onto the platform.

Jesse Jackson Jr. just had a press conference in which he denied any involvement.

However, here is this.

CHICAGO (AP) — A lawyer for U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. says the congressman is the "Senate Candidate 5" mentioned in the federal corruption complaint against Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich. Attorney James D. Montgomery Sr. said Wednesday that Jackson never had a "pay-to-play" conversation with Blagojevich.

The governor is accused of trying to profit from his authority to appoint a replacement to fill President-elect Barack Obama's Senate seat.

Montgomery says Jackson "never authorized anyone to seek the governor's support" for anything of value.

And he says Jackson isn't aware of any associates having made such an overture on his behalf.

Montgomery says Jackson learned he was mentioned in the complaint against Blagojevich the night before the governor's arrest on Tuesday.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jclordTOUrAKPT4gqF4lTowSgNDQD9502S7G0

However, here is this.

CHICAGO (AP) — A lawyer for U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. says the congressman is the "Senate Candidate 5" mentioned in the federal corruption complaint against Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich. Attorney James D. Montgomery Sr. said Wednesday that Jackson never had a "pay-to-play" conversation with Blagojevich.

The governor is accused of trying to profit from his authority to appoint a replacement to fill President-elect Barack Obama's Senate seat.

Montgomery says Jackson "never authorized anyone to seek the governor's support" for anything of value.

And he says Jackson isn't aware of any associates having made such an overture on his behalf.

Montgomery says Jackson learned he was mentioned in the complaint against Blagojevich the night before the governor's arrest on Tuesday.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jclordTOUrAKPT4gqF4lTowSgNDQD9502S7G0

Those are the accusations that Jackson is responding to.....

I'm betting Obama, Biden, both Clintons, Pelosi, and Reid all were involved, and all wanted to profit from this.

All the Dems biggest names are going down!

Impeach Obama!

or not

Yes, that is a pipe dream. But, getting back to reality, I'm sure there be others going down. Just a question of how far up the chain it goes. Looks like Jackson Jr. could be in some trouble.

Wow so this confirms that Obama was in cahoots with Blago? Damn, I didn't want to believe all this talk that Barack was a scumbag. He seemed like a good leader. Now he looks like just another Illinois politician.

Umm, I don't think that anyone has said that... Not even TrumanB lol. Barack may or may not have discussed with him who his possible replacement would be, but I'm not sure how that is anything shameful.

The Obama love channel, MSNBC, is slamming Obama right now, saying his denials of doing/knowing anything seem disingenious considering the fact that they are talking about his seat, in his state.

So Obama was involved in the corrupt governor trying to sell his seat beyond telling the gov who he wanted to fill it? Is that what you are saying?

If it is, then you would be wrong.

So Obama was involved in the corrupt governor trying to sell his seat beyond telling the gov who he wanted to fill it? Is that what you are saying?

If it is, then you would be wrong.

Hey buddy, just repeating what they are saying on Olbermann.

What kills me is when people think politicians in different positions live in a vacuum. Obama was probably very much aware of what was going on, because in Washington news/gossip spreads faster than a high school girl's locker room.

Archived