Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC thinking about reducing programming hours

88Comrade2000

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D94UOJRO0&show_article=1

Actually I think this is a good idea. There's a alot of junk on network TV and you really can't get quality TV for 22 hours anymore.

I think ABC,CBS and NBC should follow Fox's lead and reduce programming to 14 hours. 2 hours M-F and 4 hours on Sunday. They all should just drop Saturday programming.

As someone who has not yet succumbed to cable or satelite TV... I actually still don't mind. I do figure one day, I will be forced to pay a fee for my tv, but I don't want more programming, more excuses to stay zombified.

On top of that, I dislike the idea of double taxation... if you are paying for your tv, then there shouldn't be commercials. If you are watching free tv, then you should pay the price of commercials. One or the other. Not both.

I honestly don't watch a single network television show. And I honestly don't feel like I'm missing out on a single thing.

Totally agree! Network television sucks! There is always something on History, National Geographic, Discovery, Military, ID, History International, etc.

There are a few good things on FOX like Prison Break , "[H]ouse" , and 24 but basically there's nothing on the other networks worth watching at night.

Besides , most of those primetime shows on these networks are scheduled on the same time as a sporting event. So I can't really watch many primetime shows unless they're really really good.

Saturday programming is some of the worst of the week...:(

First thing is get rid of all reality TV. Way too much of it. Like others, I find the cable channels, like the History channel, Discovery and such to have better programming. I watched Modern Marvels about the invention and progression of the telephone last night and a program about the universe which centered on light speed.

There are a few good things on FOX like Prison Break , "[H]ouse" , and 24 but basically there's nothing on the other networks worth watching at night.

Besides , most of those primetime shows on these networks are scheduled on the same time as a sporting event. So I can't really watch many primetime shows unless they're really really good.

Saturday programming is some of the worst of the week...:(

Prison Break is terrible now. How much more absurd can it get? I only watch it because I've already invested so much time in it. I was hoping this would be the final season.

Prison Break is terrible now. How much more absurd can it get? I only watch it because I've already invested so much time in it. I was hoping this would be the final season.

Agreed. One of the best shows on TV in it's first two seasons.

Now it's beyond absurd. I too am only watching for the feeling of closure. But now I Tivo it and watch at odd times.

Agreed. One of the best shows on TV in it's first two seasons.

Now it's beyond absurd. I too am only watching for the feeling of closure. But now I Tivo it and watch at odd times.

Mahone and Bagwell are the only characters that hold my interest anymore and Bagwell is walking a fine line. I'm not a big fan of what they have done to his character over the last season and a half.

Archived