Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Regardless on what happens from here on out

kiingspadee

Denial (this isn't happening to my Skins!)

Anger (why is this happening to my Skins?)

Bargaining (We are not suppose to be a playoff team, new HC, new offense, o-line...)

Depression (Just start Colt and get it over with)

Acceptance (Damn totally forgot there is next year...)

Nice. You should make this your sig.

Dabda Dabda doo.

Zorn needs the off season to hand pick his own coaches. IMO sadly-it may be time to replace Buges but definetely Danny Smith. He also needs the opportunity to find his types of players. Following Joe Gibbs and inheriting his team-would have been tough for any coach-but especially for a rookie coach who got the gig by default. So hats off the Zorn-the future looks exciting!
Only God can make something out of nothing. Considering what he has to work with, Buges is as close to a miracle worker as we've got. If we gave him a few new linemen with real talent, size and youth (as in an Alex Mack or a Duke Robinson type draft) you would see this offense turn around in another year. But working with other team's castoffs and then forced to keep them for years beyond their effectiveness as we upgrade neither through draft nor free agency (not to mention letting one of the projects go after the project began to pay dividiends), has handcuffed both Buges and this team. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. But blaming Buges for it is extremely shortsighted, no offense meant.

I'm not as familiar with special teams, but it seems to me that Smith is also doing a reasonable job with the low being punt returns, if he has any black eye. Hopefully Brook will figure out his problems in the offseason and he and Plackmeyer can fight it out without Vinny trying to make his first draft class look more successful. Punt and kickoff coverage seems adequate. I'm not sure why he made you list of coaches to remove, but from here, he doesn't look that bad, again considering what he has to work with.

Zorn needs the off season to hand pick his own coaches. IMO sadly-it may be time to replace Buges but definetely Danny Smith. He also needs the opportunity to find his types of players. Following Joe Gibbs and inheriting his team-would have been tough for any coach-but especially for a rookie coach who got the gig by default. So hats off the Zorn-the future looks exciting!

He brought in his O-co-ord and running back coach...He took over as QB coach.

He seems in love with Blache and if Blache is replaced next year...I would call it a major mistake.

I think we are better than lastyear...And expect us to be better next as well.

Bacon, eggs, cheese, sandwich.

Hixon just dropped a bomb.

The Skins will lose tonight.

strane post. But, you're right, that was a beautiful pass by Eli that Hixon dropped somehow. should have been 85 yard TD pass. Why can't our qb do that? You can't tell me Eli is more talented than JC? And that play didn't take that long. I think our Oline might have actually been able to hold that one.

I'd be happy with this fact if this is a young, up-and-coming team with lots of cap space. But, they aren't. Moral victories are getting old.

Are we really THAT old? I dont know why people keep saying that.

Our QB, and recievers are young. Our running back is young but is old in running back years....but you can always draft a running back. Our secondary is VERY young. We have a few young LB's and a few old ones....but they can be replaced by the draft.

Now our offensive line IS aging....but we can always draft players....to plug in......

We really arent that OLD

Our QB, and recievers are young. Our running back is young but is old in running back years....but you can always draft a running back. Our secondary is VERY young. We have a few young LB's and a few old ones....but they can be replaced by the draft.

Now our offensive line IS aging....but we can always draft players....to plug in......

We really arent that OLD

Yes, we are. O-Line is old. D-Line is old. LBs are old (Fletcher and Washington. Fletch is a beast, but he's getting up there). RBs are getting old. FB is getting old.

WR and QB are not old, but they are both ?

Defensive secondary is fine. That's about the only position on the entire team that isn't in trouble.

The problem is that we're old in the places that it's worst to be old at.

I agree with the OP minus the eagles statement. (Anyone watching this game right now?)

It sucks to lose and it's frustrating how we play against the giants and the rams loss was rough but c'mon at least we're not the lions. Teams have ups n downs, yeah we haven't been "that dominating powerhouse team" (see pats last year, titans/giants this year) but we will be.

Some day.

And this seasons not over yet. We win our next 4 games and we're playoff bound.

Hail.

I'm happy too! Not one game have we laid an egg on the field. Every game we've lost has been close and winnable. Our wins were impressive ones that no one can say we got lucky or stole. We've earned everything we've received this year, wins and losses. So I am confident that our team will play they're hardest and close this stretch run out with the wins needed to make the playoffs!

Bargaining (We are not suppose to be a playoff team, new HC, new offense, o-line...)

Dr. Kubler-Ross would be pleased....;)

We really arent that OLD

Well, in my post, I stated that they are not a young, up-and-coming team, but not that they are old. However, this team is old on both lines. And by the time they find younger replacements that are ready to take over, most of the young skill players this team has will be old, gone, or no longer holding cap-friendly contracts.

Yes, we are. O-Line is old. D-Line is old. LBs are old (Fletcher and Washington. Fletch is a beast, but he's getting up there). RBs are getting old. FB is getting old.

Actually, the defensive line is quite young, with the only old guys being Taylor and Griffin. It is probably the youngest it has been since Gibbs took over.

The problem is that we're old in the places that it's worst to be old at.

It is more how you play than what your physical age is. While Sellars and Fletcher are old, no one complains about their play.

Anyways, I don't think that we are so terminally old that we can't switch out a few pieces and keep going. I expect that we probably will get a lot younger next year as some of these older vets get let go for some younger talent.

Well, in my post, I stated that they are not a young, up-and-coming team, but not that they are old. However, this team is old on both lines. And by the time they find younger replacements that are ready to take over, most of the young skill players this team has will be old, gone, or no longer holding cap-friendly contracts.

As I said above, the D-Line is actually not that old. It is actually one place where we have been getting younger every year.

On the O-Line, we have a couple of young guys who could be ready to go next year, so it isn't nearly as dire as some people have made it out to be.

I will not be happy if we look like crap the last four games... I will be happy if we make the playoffs.

Beating crappy teams (with the exception of the Rams) is nothing to be happy about. Beating the Cowboys, Eagles, Saints, and Cardinals is.

If we can beat the Ravens and Eagles again... That will be something to be happy about. Making the playoffs will be something to be happy about. Having a 10-6 record will be something to be happy about, even if we miss the playoffs, since it is an improvement from last year.

Going 9-7 or worse is not.

Great post. You captured in a few words the emotions of most Skins fans!!

I will not be happy if we look like crap the last four games... I will be happy if we make the playoffs.

Beating crappy teams (with the exception of the Rams) is nothing to be happy about. Beating the Cowboys, Eagles, Saints, and Cardinals is.

If we can beat the Ravens and Eagles again... That will be something to be happy about. Making the playoffs will be something to be happy about. Having a 10-6 record will be something to be happy about, even if we miss the playoffs, since it is an improvement from last year.

Going 9-7 or worse is not.

Half of today's equation is in, the Falcons lost. The team will know if the Pukes lost before kick-off. IF we get the two losses we need today, what more incentive do you need to get it done in Baltimore and get your ass back in the hunt? :logo: HTTR

As I said above, the D-Line is actually not that old. It is actually one place where we have been getting younger every year.

On the O-Line, we have a couple of young guys who could be ready to go next year, so it isn't nearly as dire as some people have made it out to be.

Sure, there are young guys. But finding an occasional undrafted free agent and using that as your only only new 'young' addition does not bode well for future success. The o-line has been struggling lately, yet the young guys can get on the field. This is telling.

This team treats both lines almost as an afterthought...and until they decide to make it a major focus on the FIRST DAY of the draft, I fear they will never be a consistent and dominant team.

Archived