Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Regardless on what happens from here on out

kiingspadee

I am pleased with how this team had played this year. Yes could have been better - but c'mon we lost to Pittsburgh, Dallas, NYG (twice but hey they are the World Champions and showing everyone why) and Rams which - was due to an OL trying to run the ball. But everyone had this team at the bottom of the NFCE and had this team going practically 3-13. Noone thought we would be talking about playoffs.

I love my Washington Redskins and it's not like we are as bad off as say Philadelphia or even Detroit. So yes we do need to improve alot of stuff on this team - but we are still in it.:point2sky

HTTR

Positive spin. I'm happy with the way they have played at times. I guessed the record to be 8-8 or 9-7 at the beginning of the season.

But after 6-2, with wins on the road against Dallas and Philly, I think that they have crumbled under the pressure, and that's unfortunate. I will not be happy if they miss the playoffs.

Denial (this isn't happening to my Skins!)

Anger (why is this happening to my Skins?)

Bargaining (We are not suppose to be a playoff team, new HC, new offense, o-line...)

Depression (Just start Colt and get it over with)

Acceptance (Damn totally forgot there is next year...)

They had a great start but a lot of weakness' became exposed in the last few games.

We just are not there yet. There have been flashes of what we can become as a team but until the offense starts executing the plays the way they are designed to be ran, its going to be hard for them to score and win. I have read a lot of things about the line, the receivers and how defensive coaches have figured out the team, but I remember the Redskins from Gibbs 1, telling the defense what the call was and then stuffing it down their throats even when they knew what we were going to do. Until we get that nasty attitude again its not going to be the elite team we all thought we had.

Bargaining (We are not suppose to be a playoff team, new HC, new offense, o-line...)

:applause: Perfect analogy. Well done.

But it's ALWAYS next year. I mean, we're not the cubs. But for God's sake. Why can't Next year at some point be THIS YEAR.

I'd be happy with this fact if this is a young, up-and-coming team with lots of cap space. But, they aren't. Moral victories are getting old.

See, that's what bothers me. This team is OLD. As things are now, we probably only have a few years left with the core of the team intact. The window for this team is closing before we have to blow it up and rebuild.

I am pleased with how this team had played this year. Yes could have been better - but c'mon we lost to Pittsburgh, Dallas, NYG (twice but hey they are the World Champions and showing everyone why) and Rams which - was due to an OL trying to run the ball. But everyone had this team at the bottom of the NFCE and had this team going practically 3-13. Noone thought we would be talking about playoffs.

I love my Washington Redskins and it's not like we are as bad off as say Philadelphia or even Detroit. So yes we do need to improve alot of stuff on this team - but we are still in it.:point2sky

HTTR

The Eagles are one game behind us.

See, that's what bothers me. This team is OLD. As things are now, we probably only have a few years left with the core of the team intact. The window for this team is closing before we have to blow it up and rebuild.

Agreed. I think the starters on offense in 2011 will only have a couple of the current starters on it.

Zorn needs the off season to hand pick his own coaches. IMO sadly-it may be time to replace Buges but definetely Danny Smith. He also needs the opportunity to find his types of players. Following Joe Gibbs and inheriting his team-would have been tough for any coach-but especially for a rookie coach who got the gig by default. So hats off the Zorn-the future looks exciting!

Agreed. I think the starters on offense in 2011 will only have a couple of the current starters on it.

That's why I was kinda hoping Gibbs would stick around for a couple more years. That way, when we had to hire a new coach, we could have simealtaneously (sp.?) blown up the team, and the new team and coach could have grown together. Instead, Zorn has to grow with this team, then tear it down in a couple years and start over basically. Sucks. This team is just set up wrong in every way. Imagine if next year JC has a break out year, and we are finally set at QB. But then Portis starts to break down, so then we finally have a QB, but no running game. It just feels like we are stuck in a never ending cycle of mediocrity.

It just feels like we are stuck in a never ending cycle of mediocrity.

It seems the only way to combat this type of problem is to build a dominant line. A dominant line improves everyone else's performance, and can mask any deficiencies.

It seems like everyone understands this, except the FO.

But it's ALWAYS next year. I mean, we're not the cubs. But for God's sake. Why can't Next year at some point be THIS YEAR.

The NEXT year is to give hope to one so they have something to look for in the future. To assure one's mind that the world has not ended - yet.

When that next year happens next year you won't be going through the 5 stages of depression and denial. :D

I wonder if the psychologist have penned 5 stages of happiness?:)

It seems the only way to combat this type of problem is to build a dominant line. A dominant line improves everyone else's performance, and can mask any deficiencies.

It seems like everyone understands this, except the FO.

Absolutely agree 100 percent. Get a young core group of lineman, then plug in holes everywhere else.

It just sucks, cause it's never gonna happen

If we had started 3-4, to be 7-5 would be something worth celibration and optimism. But we've been a mediocre team for the past 2 months.

We've been a mediocre team for the last 15 years. Never bad enough to give up completely, never good enough to really give hope for things to come. Stuck in mediocrity, like limbo.

Absolutely agree 100 percent. Get a young core group of lineman, then plug in holes everywhere else.

It just sucks, cause it's never gonna happen

Danny and Vinny always get hypnotized by that shiny new skill position player. Gotta keep the interest alive!

And let's face it, who generates more excitement? A 2nd round WR with all kinds of footage of him making spectacular catches? Or footage a OL standing there pushing someone?

When that next year happens next year you won't be going through the 5 stages of depression and denial. :D

Yes, but we constantly say, "Next Year." EVERY YEAR. I guess I'm just looking forward to some time when we can say, THIS WAS OUR YEAR.

I'm not going to jump off a cliff or anything, but I wouldn't mind having a THIS YEAR at some point.

Danny and Vinny always get hypnotized by that shiny new skill position player. Gotta keep the interest alive!

And let's face it, who generates more excitement? A 2nd round WR with all kinds of footage of him making spectacular catches? Or footage a OL standing there pushing someone?

It's like they pander to the stupid casual fairweather fans, when they should be listening to us intelligent fans on this board. Well, most of us are intelligent anyway. There are certainly exceptions on here.

Archived