Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you Rather be a Saints Fan Today?

BleedinBurgNGold

If we had Drew

BreesBrees

, we would be sitting on a possible 10-2 record.

Problem with JC is that he isn't improving. He's playing overall worse than what he playing in week 4 of the season. Hell, he's playing worse than he did last year. If the man can't handle pressure from the D then he can't lead this team. Butbottomlinemline is that I really don't believe he fits ZornsZorns system.

I'm not a fan of JC and never was. So I'm jumping no bandwagon. The man has gotten a fair share of time in the NFL..he is overdue.

That is a very ignorant comment shows how much football you watch. Brees has had 5 games this season with a qb rating in 60.Thats at least 5 losses right there. Saints have 6 losses sounds about right(that loss being to broncos and refs giving it to them). Campbell has 4 games with qb rating 70 or lower. We have 5 losses just as we should.

So please do your research next time before you star a ridicules prediction and claim it as a fact. ~thanks

Here we go again...

2008 Drew Brees sacked 10 times in 12 games

2008 Jason Campbell sacked 32 times in 12 games

Why dont people get this?

But to answr your question. I would rather have Campbell right now.

I also think Rivers is a much better leader on the field than Brees and was a better choice for SD. But everyone is happy now... NO, SD and NY.

I would rather have a couple of NO offensive line players to tell you the truth.

right cuz i'm blaming everything on campbell...:rolleyes:

there are missing components to take us to that next level and im sorry but at this point campbell is one of them, our o-line is another and our lack of a pass rushing is another

yeah our o-line makes campbell look worse than he is but at the same time NOTHING has shown us that campbell is the next coming of peyton manning or tom brady...

i think this team can win a championship with campbell at qb if the situation is right, it wont be because of campbell and to be honest I wont give a **** because we'll be champs

but I think with the situation we're in...and a not so bright future considering where our o line is headed campbell is just not going to be the answer

So you agree our oline is a liability but fail to realize campbell is not the problem. Answer this question

"True or False campbell has looked great when the oline held up?"

There isnt a qb in the league that can succeed with a poor oline. Redskins are 4th in nfl giving up sacks and getting pressure. Yet campbell is top 10 to 15 in every major passing statistical category. What does that tell you?

Here we go again...

I also think Rivers is a much better leader on the field than Brees and was a better choice for SD. But everyone is happy now... NO, SD and NY.

I would rather have a couple of NO offensive line players to tell you the truth.

do you think that may have a lot to do with brees' ability to make calls at the line and make the hot read? don't throw out statistics like that without any mention of the two's obvious differences in pre-snap capabilities

So you agree our oline is a liability but fail to realize campbell is not the problem. Answer this question

"True or False campbell has looked great when the oline held up?"

There isnt a qb in the league that can succeed with a poor oline. Redskins are 4th in nfl giving up sacks and getting pressure. Yet campbell is top 10 to 15 in every major passing statistical category. What does that tell you?

campbell has looked good when its held up but hasn't made you say WOW he could lead us to victory

and to be honest, this team needs a qb like that if you want to win a superbowl

you're admitting that a good o-line will lead to plays being made and consequently W's

Romo sits to pee is constantly talked about his success being due to his o-line play

ok so when campbell has had "good" o line play, why doesnt he look like Romo sits to pee? now cuz of his lack of receivers? i'm sorry but with the speed our recievers have seperation should not be that difficult especially when a qb is given time. and campbell has NEVER looked like that

i gotta get out of here, and I hope I havent come across as one of the bench campbell people, in all honesty I have been saying since we got him he's going to be a pro bowler, his glimpses of good qb'ing have excited me as much as anybody else but i'm at the point where the next level just doesnt seem realistic for him

do you think that may have a lot to do with brees' ability to make calls at the line and make the hot read? don't throw out statistics like that without any mention of the two's obvious differences in pre-snap capabilities

No. I dont. And this has been discussed to death. For some corelation and factual stuff to satisfy your curiosity...

When "eeryone considered Brees a lost cause, he was sacked 27, 21, and 24 times.

Remember his "shining" year in 2004? Guess what. He was sacke just 18 times and had a QB rating of 104 on the year.

Dont tell me there is no corelation between the O line a skill player performance. You think Romo sits to pee would be Romo sits to pee without his O line? You think LT would be LT with out their run blocking? You think AP would be AP without their run blocking? Then why think any QB is his own worst enemy when their O line is not pass blocking.

Theres no excuse for 33 sacks ever!!!!

I dont care if campbell is taking 3-4 sec to throw or calling the bad blocking schemes. 33 sacks cannot all be blamed on the qb. Kerry freakin Collins has been sacked 7 times, 7 times............. Do you really want to tell me if jason was on a different oline he would be sacked 33 times? lets fix the oline problem before we decide to bench him and expect the new qb to miraclously solve the oline problem.

in 2004 brees was sacked 18 times and he put up 27 tds and only 7 ints with a qb rating over 100.

in 2005 brees was sacked 27 times only 9 more then his previous season.

Yet his production fell 3 less tds, 8 more ints, and his qb rating dropped from 104 to 89.

See how much difference a oline makes?

Sure campbell is to blame for some of those sacks but 20-23 of those sacks are all on the oline. Iam not even including the ridicules pressure campbell gets every time he drops back.

Course, it was the lack of patience in Brees that caused San Diego to draft Eli Manning and then trade him for Phillip Rivers, and I think they paid a big price there, because I don't think Rivers is quite the QB that Brees has turned into.

That's why fans need more patience here. New coach, new system.

I have no earthly idea why you are down on Rivers. Rivers has been kind of awesome since he became the starter and he might go over 4,000 yards passing this year. And he has nearly a 2:1 TD/Int ratio since becoming a starter. And the trade to get him was great too since it yielded Merriman and Kaeding.

The reason the Chargers let Brees walk is because Brees was hurt, and wanted big time money.

There are always going to be a Brees or a Rich Gannon or a Kurt Warner or some QB who sticks around and suddenly emerges into something remarkable after 5 or 6 years. But you can also end up with Kordell Stewart or Kyle Boller going that route.

You can usually tell by year 3 if a #1 pick is going to be a good QB.

campbell has looked good when its held up but hasn't made you say WOW he could lead us to victory

and to be honest, this team needs a qb like that if you want to win a superbowl

you're admitting that a good o-line will lead to plays being made and consequently W's

Romo sits to pee is constantly talked about his success being due to his o-line play

ok so when campbell has had "good" o line play, why doesnt he look like Romo sits to pee? now cuz of his lack of receivers? i'm sorry but with the speed our recievers have seperation should not be that difficult especially when a qb is given time. and campbell has NEVER looked like that

i gotta get out of here, and I hope I havent come across as one of the bench campbell people, in all honesty I have been saying since we got him he's going to be a pro bowler, his glimpses of good qb'ing have excited me as much as anybody else but i'm at the point where the next level just doesnt seem realistic for him

When you find me a peyton manning il gladly hire a hitman to take jason campbell out ok?:doh:

With all the complaining about JC. A Jason Campbell led team TODAY is 7-5. Drew Brees, with all the amazing Numbers hes throwing up, is 6-6. The Saints have a very very slim chance to make it to the post season. This is not a Drew Brees Vs. Jason Campbell thread, obviously Brees is better. Its a 'whats the better situation to be in TODAY' thread. If some of us are calling for JC's head, should they/are they doing the same in New Orleans? Point is its not JC thats the issue. A QB can only do so much, and despite our Teams problems, we are only a game out of the playoffs with a good shot at going to the dance. What Good are Drew's Numbers if they are sitting at home in January?

Give JC some time in a New System for a full year. It's time we stop jumping the gun so quickly.

HTTR:2cents::dallasuck

You answered your own question. No doubt Brees is much better.

If the saints had a defense as good as ours they would probably be undefeated.

Course, it was the lack of patience in Brees that caused San Diego to draft Eli Manning and then trade him for Phillip Rivers, and I think they paid a big price there, because I don't think Rivers is quite the QB that Brees has turned into.

That's why fans need more patience here. New coach, new system.

Brees was coming off a season where he had thrown 27 TDs and 7 int and completed over 65% of his passes and led his team to an 11-4 record the year San Diego drafted Eli Manning.

The situation isn't really comparable.

the Saints have never won anything. their fans are hungry for that first taste. remember what that was like? :)

for jaded Redskins fans that grew up thinking 11-5 or 12-4 is a birthright, time to wake up and smell the coffee.....................

great organizations produce great teams.

is anyone yet convinced that Cerrato and Snyder in the revamped front office structure and with the 2008 draft as early returns, that the ship has been righted?

would Jim Zorn's offense look better right now with Eddie Royal and DeSean Jackson on the roster at WR? :)

Great questions for everyone to think about. I agree with what you have said. We still need to build a successful front office.

I'd rather be a Redskin fan with Brees at QB.

I'm only kidding. I see your point, but just because one team with a great QB has a plethora of problems, doesn't mean another team can't strive to have a great QB and a successful season. It's not like NO has to choose between good stats for Brees or a winning record.

We could have had Drew

If we had Drew Brees, we would be sitting on a possible 10-2 record.

Problem with JC is that he isn't improving. He's playing overall worse than what he playing in week 4 of the season. Hell, he's playing worse than he did last year. If the man can't handle pressure from the D then he can't lead this team. But the bottomline is that I really don't believe he fits into Zorns system.

I'm not a fan of JC and never was. So I'm jumping no bandwagon. The man has gotten a fair share of time in the NFL..he is overdue.

I agree with you. JC is no Drew Brees that is for sure. Brees has the "it" factor- meaning all the intangibles and he finds the open receivers. Maybe with a few more years....JC can do that but how long can our franchise wait for him to get "it"?

• 11 months later...
Here we go again...

Your preference sure did pan out well.

Brees is so much worse than JC. Maybe you should submit a resume to take over for Vinny.

Your preference sure did pan out well.

Brees is so much worse than JC. Maybe you should submit a resume to take over for Vinny.

You are great with the bumps. :hysterical:

You must have a list of the 100 least intelligent threads ever started.

What is silly about comparing TWO NFC Teams records and chances to go to the playoffs? This isnt Brees Rookie year. If The argument is that Campbell isnt Progressing (even thought he has 7 fewer Interceptions, A better QB Rating and 2 betterr wins than he did last year at this point) then the situation in New Orleans must be the same. Drew Brees is putting up silly numbers but his team will more than likely be playing Golf in January. So I guess after Two full seasons in New Orleans, Brees must go, cant get it done. If you blame injuries, then yes, it is the TEAM around the QB as well. Not always just the QB

This thread is hilarious. JC has had the type of D Brees has this year, every year he has been here.

Saints would have a losing record with JC.

Archived