Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Its correctable" JC on 980

dwbiggs

The Redskins fandom is an embarassment. A fan-created QB controversy, demanding a lot from receivers and a QB learning a new offense, fans demanding a coach who's going to end his first year better than two current NFC East coaches' first years and most likely tie the third guy who is no longer there. Even Portis is coming to JC's defense using the pressure argument...

It's just painful to watch our offense at times. Consistently inconsistent is the best way to put it. That being said we have the tools on offense, it's just not getting done for whatever reasons. We need to spend our entire draft on Dline and get some pass rushers that are worth a damn. Never have I seen a Dline get as little pressure as ours does week in and week out

It's just painful to watch our offense at times. Consistently inconsistent is the best way to put it. That being said we have the tools on offense, it's just not getting done for whatever reasons. We need to spend our entire draft on Dline and get some pass rushers that are worth a damn. Never have I seen a Dline get as little pressure as ours does week in and week out

One of the reasons that some posters want to ignore is just how good the teams are that we lost 3 games to. The combined record of these teams when we played them was 23-7. Not slouches.

I know someone will come in here and post about how anemic we looked even with the wins. But I'm sure if we had won at least 2 more of the last 3 losses most of these posters wouldn't even be here.

Ridiculous' date=' is not believing that what I said is a possibility. He has 4 games to prove to this fanbase that he can carry this team.[/quote']

Prove to this fanbase?

I was not aware we got a vote. I must have missed the call from Vinny last draft asking me who I would pick in the second round.

As a fan all you or I can do is decide not to go to the games, not buy merchandise or not watch the games on TV. Thats it, period. Personally I will support the Redskins through thick and thin - and I have seen both in my time as a fan.

So lets say he fails your 4 game test - not sure how you are going to measure that, points, TD's, QB ratings, wins but whatever - then what? Do you expect Jim Zorn to set up a poll on Redskins.com asking for our verdict?

You know a lot of posters rip Dan Snyder and Vinny for short term 'must win now' thinking and demand we build for the long term. Then when we lose a couple of games its all about bench/cut this guy or which free agents/draft picks we need to get us over the hump. Anybody else see the irony?

One of the reasons that some posters want to ignore is just how good the teams are that we lost 3 games to. The combined record of these teams when we played them was 23-7. Not slouches.

Normally, I would agree, but we couldn't generate much of an offense against the Rams, Browns and Lions with a combined record of 6-30. Total slouches.

i didnt see our receivers getting any separation during the giants game. it was easier for me to see being in high end zone seats, but if this is what campbell deals with every game, hes a beast for completing any passes. our receivers sucked balls during this game, nobody was open ever. and when our run game doesnt work, we lose football games. campbell is a fine young quarterback. hes never gonna be a stud, but i think he can be a very solid 15-20 TD passes a year QB. if he throws for 3000+ yards a season, throws 15-20 TDs, and keeps his INTs under 8 every year, we have a keeper.

That being said we have the tools on offense, it's just not getting done for whatever reasons.

I used to thimk this way to...but after having different coaches and systems in here with the same players and getting the same lame production on offense I think its the players and lack of talent. I think the talent on offense is a bit overated.

I used to thimk this way to...but after having different coaches and systems in here with the same players and getting the same lame production on offense I think its the players and lack of talent. I think the talent on offense is a bit overated.

the offensive talent is fine... we just dont have an offensive line that can compete. Skill positons continue to be the most overrated positions in football... I mean lets take a look at the Giants: Dominic Hixson? Kevin Boss? Ahmad Bradshaw? Derek Ward? Who the hell are these guys? Yet they get the job done week after week without the all pro TE Shockey, or the all pro reciever Plaxico... In short Santana, cooley, and portis are more than capable. Just dont have an offensive line..

the offensive talent is fine... we just dont have an offensive line that can compete. Skill positons continue to be the most overrated positions in football... I mean lets take a look at the Giants: Dominic Hixson? Kevin Boss? Ahmad Bradshaw? Derek Ward? Who the hell are these guys? Yet they get the job done week after week without the all pro TE Shockey, or the all pro reciever Plaxico... In short Santana, cooley, and portis are more than capable. Just dont have an offensive line..

:applause::applause:

With a good OL you can take that WR or RB that was a turd and polish it. like any football fan knows it begins and ends in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

In short Santana, cooley, and portis are more than capable. Just dont have an offensive line..

Oh yeah...we were tearing up the scoreboards early in the season to weren't we? We haven't torn up the scoreboards for years here with this current group of skill players. We are lucky we had a good defense all season long or we wouldn't be 7-5. I do agree that the line is a major problem.

Oh yeah...we were tearing up the scoreboards early in the season to weren't we? We haven't torn up the scoreboards for years here with this current group of skill players.

correct me if im wrong, but at the beginning of the season, did we not have the same offesnsive line as right now? This offensive line, the one we have now, and the one we had at the beginning of the season, as they are the same human beings, is not very good... period.

Let me ask a question...what the **** is this "IT" factor? Someone please explain it.

Basically, it means born to excel at ones position. Examples would be natural born leader, capable of making plays when a called play breaks down, able to read defenses, able to rally a team from behind, etc.

Basically, it means born to excel at ones position. Examples would be natural born leader, capable of making plays when a called play breaks down, able to read defenses, able to rally a team from behind, etc.

born to excel?

it means looks good to fans watching the game.

So you'd rather hear him say, "We looked at the film, and there's just nothing we can do. We're nowhere near close, the season's over and we suck. Thank you."

I mean, come on. We're all frustrated but is this really necessary?

JC can do no right on this board, you ought to know that by now.

If he says our mistakes are fixable, he's repetetative. If he says we're fine, he's delusional. If he admits his mistakes, he seems like a loser. If he shows fire and emotion, he's all talk, if he's unfazed by the criticism, he's got no heart.

So am I getting this right ? Zorn is here to build the team for the 2-3 years down the road. So what we see in JC and the rest of the team is just a learning curve. Its a new way of doing things and it takes time. That's what Zorn is saying right ? JC needs the time to learn so don't expect to much (right). Ok so I can be a good fan. What the heck should I expect from JC and the rest of the team this year. Please what should we expect from JC this week?? someone please tell us right now what we should look for ??

So am I getting this right ? Zorn is here to build the team for the 2-3 years down the road. So what we see in JC and the rest of the team is just a learning curve. Its a new way of doing things and it takes time. That's what Zorn is saying right ? JC needs the time to learn so don't expect to much (right). Ok so I can be a good fan. What the heck should I expect from JC and the rest of the team this year. Please what should we expect from JC this week?? someone please tell us right now what we should look for ??

I think we should ask our guys to fight their guts out and expect them to be super smart. If I dont see that, I will be strongly dissapointed in them.

];5889239']JC can do no right on this board' date=' you ought to know that by now.

If he says our mistakes are fixable, he's repetetative. If he says we're fine, he's delusional. If he admits his mistakes, he seems like a loser. If he shows fire and emotion, he's all talk, if he's unfazed by the criticism, he's got no heart.[/quote']

Just tell me what should I expect out of JC this week. I'm not dogging him. But tell me what should we expect of him this week???

Archived