Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Its correctable" JC on 980

dwbiggs

Just because he is a mod....doesnt mean hes right.

He may be partially right....but the recievers are not helping....they are playing terrible.

And neither is the o-line.

Our o-line's strength is supposed to the the running game. We lost the last 3 out of 4 games. In those games Portis rushed for 51, 68 and 22 yds. If the o-line can't win the one on one battles to keeping the ground game going how much worse is their pass protection going to be when that's not their strength to start with? They don't suddenly become great at pass protection when they're beat at the running game.

The thing that bothers me about the JC complaints is we only see the obvious. We dont really see when a receiver runs and in instead of an out. If he is open, JC is looking that way and has to waste a second for his route to turn around. He is waiting on the routes because he only trusts one receiver in my eyes.

I liked what he said and I like him as our future QB!!

So you'd rather hear him say, "We looked at the film, and there's just nothing we can do. We're nowhere near close, the season's over and we suck. Thank you."

I mean, come on. We're all frustrated but is this really necessary?

common sense has no place in a witch hunt

no matter what JC does or says, they will twist it against him

The thing that bothers me about the JC complaints is we only see the obvious. We dont really see when a receiver runs and in instead of an out. If he is open, JC is looking that way and has to waste a second for his route to turn around. He is waiting on the routes because he only trusts one receiver in my eyes.

I liked what he said and I like him as our future QB!!

That's one of the things that Zorn brought up in his last presser. He said that receivers were running the wrong routes. People want to get on JC for waiting until the receiver is open and not throwing the ball where the receiver is supposed to be. You said it. He doesn't trust the receivers to be there and rightfully so.

Ridiculous' date=' is not believing that what I said is a possibility. He has 4 games to prove to this fanbase that he can carry this team.[/quote']

Carry the team say what....my question is do you think we have a good enough team besides the QB position to win consistantly or do we need more than better QB play....I think it is more than 1 position that we need to upgrade....QB might or might not be one of them but it definitely is not the only one...

Thought so. Apology accepted.

I guess Zorn is a mod here too?

"Jason is not reading the defense" -Coach Zorn

Seriously......think before you post.

Or are you upset that you might have to make a new sig?

Was that after week 1? Its pretty clear that he read defenses during the 6-2 stretch. Especially when he was calling audibles at the line, shifting protection, and hiting 2nd-5th receivers for competions.

If anything, Campbell is "moving too quickly through his reads" not letting the routes develop. Again, from Zorn, but this comment didnt come from the beginning of September. But then youre saying he should force when it isnt there. Which everyone is clamoring for Campbell to do. But when he does throw before the receiver gets open and it gets picked its the same old crap critisism from last year "bonehead mistakes." Throws over the top to Randle El before he makes the break, "CANT READ D" when really, he just underthrew the ball by a yard and a half.

common sense has no place in a witch hunt

no matter what JC does or says, they will twist it against him

Campbell is a witch too?!?!?!

Im going to get my pitchfork and torch.

Youre right though. This place has become a spin zone. The most innocuous comment can turn into a damning one. A basic critisism becomes a call out or a flat out judgment of imminent epic fail.

Was that after week 1? Its pretty clear that he read defenses during the 6-2 stretch. Especially when he was calling audibles at the line, shifting protection, and hiting 2nd-5th receivers for competions.

If anything, Campbell is "moving too quickly through his reads" not letting the routes develop. Again, from Zorn, but this comment didnt come from the beginning of September. But then youre saying he should force when it isnt there. Which everyone is clamoring for Campbell to do. But when he does throw before the receiver gets open and it gets picked its the same old crap critisism from last year "bonehead mistakes." Throws over the top to Randle El before he makes the break, "CANT READ D" when really, he just underthrew the ball by a yard and a half.

As Bubba said, the shills must have their witch hunt. Failures like McD5 use old quotes to further this, instead of newer quotes like what you provided. Very telling.

Carry the team say what....my question is do you think we have a good enough team besides the QB position to win consistantly or do we need more than better QB play....I think it is more than 1 position that we need to upgrade....QB might or might not be one of them but it definitely is not the only one...

I'd rather eat crow on this one than to be right. Trust me, there is nothing that would make me happier than being wrong about campbell. But, teams are putting 8 or 9 men in the box and putting all the pressure on Campbell to beat them with his arm. I hope he proves me wrong

Listened to JC on 980 just now and he spouts the same old "We looked at the film and the mistakes are correctable". How many times have we heard that? Maybe I am not understanding the meaning but how long will it take to "correct the mistakes"? If its a breakdown in fundamentals then we either have dense players who can't learn or a lack of talent because the opposing talent causes them to have a breakdown.

He also said that they were close on offense ...and we have heard all that before as well.

Damn, you sound like a Giants fan this time last year!

I'd rather eat crow on this one than to be right. Trust me' date=' there is nothing that would make me happier than being wrong about campbell. But, teams are putting 8 or 9 men in the box and putting all the pressure on Campbell to beat them with his arm. I hope he proves me wrong[/quote']

well said.

Man I really can't believe that eveyone looked at this past game and placed 99% of the blame on Jason. I watched a game where the CB's got worked. Hall probably played the best out of them all. I watched a Defense that couldn't get pressure. I watched an O-line who's run and pass blocking were piss poor. I saw some passes that coulda been thrown better but some that were dropped too. I saw WR's that couldn't seperate. I saw some silly penalties. I saw a FG kicker miss a very makeable kick 3 weeks str8. Who knows what could've happened had Suisham made that FG? I saw some questionable coaching calls. I saw a lot across the board yet to hear most people talk, Jason was the sole reason this team lost. Truth be told this team probably could've had John Elway and still lost. Jason doesn't play defense and the defense stunk to me. The Giants had an answer to just about everything they tried to do. I've see Jason this and Jason that. That loss Sunday was a collective failure to me.

This O-line in particular isn't blocking now the way they were earlier in the season. I keep reading people say going through your progressions. Be real, it takes blocking and time to do that. No one goes through 4 or 5 progressions in 1 second.

I really dont think campbell is the main problem. Things are very complicated when evaluating a team and I think people get caught up in finding a scapegoat. Offensive line play, how the running game is going, the play calling vs the defense alignment and many factors contribute to this. Manning won the super bowl but should have served up two interceptions yesterday instead of one.

No matter how much we say.. without looking at the game tape.. no one can tell exactly how campbell played. He obviously didnt play lights out.. and to me.. no matter what some haters want to say.. he didnt play horrificly either. We can all say he played somewhere in the middle somewhat mediocre.. but not toooooo bad.

Huge drops hurt us.. and poor scheme doomed some plays from the start. Youd literally need to look at the tape and see how many times other players were open that maybe he missed. or what was his other options on a play. like many others i was frustrated to see 3 yard passes on 3rd and 5... but you have to see... was there someone else open? how long did he wait before he threw that check down. If thats the only guy he has to throw to... he doesnt have much choice. Why anything would be run with patterns short of first down is something that totally escapes me. All I could think is that perhaps he should have thrown the check down earlier when perhaps the people had more space around them? Like cooley was alluding too, it didnt seem that we had much intermediate routes. We were either throwing all the way down the field.. or those really fast quick routes that the giants generally had smothered.

I really dont think campbell is the main problem. Things are very complicated when evaluating a team and I think people get caught up in finding a scapegoat. Offensive line play, how the running game is going, the play calling vs the defense alignment and many factors contribute to this. Manning won the super bowl but should have served up two interceptions yesterday instead of one.

No matter how much we say.. without looking at the game tape.. no one can tell exactly how campbell played. He obviously didnt play lights out.. and to me.. no matter what some haters want to say.. he didnt play horrificly either. We can all say he played somewhere in the middle somewhat mediocre.. but not toooooo bad.

Huge drops hurt us.. and poor scheme doomed some plays from the start. Youd literally need to look at the tape and see how many times other players were open that maybe he missed. or what was his other options on a play. like many others i was frustrated to see 3 yard passes on 3rd and 5... but you have to see... was there someone else open? how long did he wait before he threw that check down. If thats the only guy he has to throw to... he doesnt have much choice. Why anything would be run with patterns short of first down is something that totally escapes me. All I could think is that perhaps he should have thrown the check down earlier when perhaps the people had more space around them? Like cooley was alluding too, it didnt seem that we had much intermediate routes. We were either throwing all the way down the field.. or those really fast quick routes that the giants generally had smothered.

Good post. In addtion where has the running game gone? If you at least show a pulse running the ball, the defense can't just tee off. Why the hell are lineman whiff blocking on a damn 4th and 1? I guess thats Jason's fault too.

while I agree with you DCMONEY you also have to get pressure on the QB or else he will have all day to make those great throws..

Yeah you're right. Look at the Skins last 3 losses. Whats the difference? Those teams QB's are standing upright with all day to throw. Jason for instance on one posession got drilled on a completion to colley and that play was a play action pass. He got smacked in the chest on that completion. That shouldn't happen. The play action didn't freeze and damn sole because the Skins haven't run the ball successfully lately.

I'll give you two examples that really hit it home for me. I was at the preseason game vs. the Jets with Iheartskins. We were sitting about 5 rows behind the endzone. We had the ball on about the 5 yard line and Campbell dropped back to throw and instead of hitting Thrash for a TD who was wide open in the corner, he throw the ball to Cooley in the middle who was triple covered...Zorn spoke about the play after the game and said that Campbell missed a wide open Thrash. That's not reading the defense/not seeing the field.

The fourth and goal play a few weeks ago. Campbell throws to Alexander over the middle and misses an open Cooley in the corner. That's not reading the defense/not seeing the field. JC just doesn't have it. His decisions aren't quick enough and he doesn't throw to spaces--rather, he waits for his receiver to be wide open before he throws the ball. That's part of why our intermediate and deep passing game is so terrible--his timing is poor.

Hard to be critical about a preseason game were JC was still trying to get his head around a new offense, so he gets a pass for that.

As for the the play in the end zone, Cooley was covered. He might have come open later, but that was after JC moved on to his second receiver, which is what he's supposed to do in this offense. Zorn talked a lot about that play afterwards and gave a lot of credit to the defense for defending that play. He did also say, tho, that the timing could have been a little better with the pass to Alexander.

Sure it's correctable. Get a real QB that doesn't hold the ball forever because he will only throw to a wide open WR.

What in the hell would you like JC to do if he only has a few seconds in the pocket? Obviously hes making the right decisions with the time he has in the pocket because I can count on one hand the number of picks he has this year. For Gods sake get some perspective!

Can he - not to mention the guys around him, who he depends on to catch balls, run the right routes, block long enough for him to get the ball away somewhere - get more than 13 games starting in any one particular offense first?

With some of you guys as fans, Campbell's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Everyone complains about the short passes and checkdowns. "They need to throw the ball deeper often!!" I agree with this - but only insomuch as it makes the short passing offense we are trying to run more explosive and more effective. Obviously, Campbell can't **** back and fire right off the snap of the ball. Even as fast as Santana Moss is, Campbell's big arm would overthrow Santana by a mile. When you take that extra two or three seconds to allow your receivers to get downfield, you're putting yourself at the mercy of the offensive line to block that long.

On the other side of the coin, everyone says that Jason holds onto the ball too long. Maybe...um...waiting for your ****ing streak paterns to develop? Because you say you're sick of the 5-yard slant routes - which Campbell has been very good at completing when the receivers haven't (literally) dropped the ball on him.

Come on, guys. What the hell do you want from him? The fact is, our line needs to block a bit better. Not much - just enough for Jason to get off an accurate throw and not be forced to checkdown everytime he wants to go deep. Once he can go deep about 4-7 times a game, the short passing game and Portis-led running game that Zorn is trying to establish as the identity of our offense, will open up a bit.

Everyone craps on Zorn for not calling a lot of deep balls. Well...you think you notice the fact that the linemen aren't giving him a lot of time in the pocket. You think Zorn, who is at the game, ON THE FIELD, sees something drastically different? Have you ever considered that maybe he knows that the line isn't blocking at its best and doesn't want to get his quarterback killed?? Come on, guys.

All things considering, Campbell has played very well. He has just had a couple of bad games, and I'm not sure how much shame there is in those considering those games were against some of the toughest defenses in football.

Archived