Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn ripping team after game?

Rypien1191

Forgive me if I missed this discussion - I went to the game and then had an 8 hour ride home so pretty much missed everything post game.

But on the Redskins radio afterwards it sounded like Zorn really ripped into the team in the locker room right after the game - did anybody hear anything about this?

Also, people are saying Cooley held back from throwing someone under the bus - IMO it didn't really sound like that - just sounded like Cooley being Cooley - trying to be truthful and unsure of the answer.

Forgive me if I missed this discussion - I went to the game and then had an 8 hour ride home so pretty much missed everything post game.

But on the Redskins radio afterwards it sounded like Zorn really ripped into the team in the locker room right after the game - did anybody hear anything about this?

Also, people are saying Cooley held back from throwing someone under the bus - IMO it didn't really sound like that - just sounded like Cooley being Cooley - trying to be truthful and unsure of the answer.

I was also listening to the post game. I heard Riggo say that Cooley was indirectly saying that Campbell was the reason the Offense was not getting it done. I actually thought he was leaning to Zorn's play calling. I also thought Zorn sounded like he was at a funeral, and not saying much at all

To me it really didn't sound like Cooley was picking out anyone in particluar - that he really didn't know what the problem was. Not sure what Springs said, but hes the last person that should be talking.

Hopefully Zorn did rip them though, they need someone to light a fire under their butt.

I was also listening to the post game. I heard Riggo say that Cooley was indirectly saying that Campbell was the reason the Offense was not getting it done. I actually thought he was leaning to Zorn's play calling. I also thought Zorn sounded like he was at a funeral, and not saying much at all

Id of loved to of heard that.Say it like it is Cooley!

Id of loved to of heard that.Say it like it is Cooley!

Yeah, that'd be real smart on his part, insult the man who throws you the ball. Cooley's not dumb, he wouldn't kill the locker room or his friendship with Campbell like that. Guess the Campbell bashers need to look elsewhere for support.

I also thought that....Riggo thought Campbell, I thought zorn.

I guarantee the film session will be painful for a few people on the team. There are a few people who need a fire lighting under them and there will be a few plays that will not make comfortable watching.

That 4th and 1 run for instance when Jon Janse just stands there while his man blows past him to make the stop in the backfield.

Zorn should be pissed off and hold some people accountable.

A expect to see at least two line up changes for the Ravens game. Heyer should be back in to start at RT and either Thomas or Kelly should get the nod as the 3rd WR over Thrash - hell personally I would start Thomas over ARE and move him to the slot where he should be anyway.

Honestly, no real surprise there from Riggo. I love the guy but listening to his radio show when it was on it's been obvious he hasn't like Campbell from the beginning. It's not really surprising to me that he'd be looking for someone to put blame on Campbell but I agree that it sounded like Cooley was indirectly referring to playcalling above all else - perhaps even blocking.

Hmmm funny but I remember Gilbride being run out of NY last season and before in previous years. It's the QB stupid, Zorn is not an idiot, nobody would intentionally call plays designed to gain 3yds on 3rd and 9, it's not logical and makes no sense. When you have a good QB the playcaller becomes a genius ala Jason Garrett with Tony Romo sits to pee or Gilbride with Manning.

A expect to see at least two line up changes for the Ravens game. Heyer should be back in to start at RT and either Thomas or Kelly should get the nod as the 3rd WR over Thrash - hell personally I would start Thomas over ARE and move him to the slot where he should be anyway.

Right on. Do we know if Heyer is healthy yet? And what about Erasmus? Are his knees working?

I am hoping ES fans can realize that confidence is a two-way street.

People are pointing to how Campbell doesn't have confidence that his WRs will get separation and break open. That's why Jason doesn't throw the ball until he sees the WR is open.

Well, maybe Zorn is losing confidence in Campbell's decisions and passing accuracy. It already looks like the playbook was scaled back -- are there passes that Zorn doesn't have confidence Campbell could throw into risky traffic?

Frankly, if the Skins weren't in the playoff hunt, I suspect we would have seen more 'experimentation' by Ziorn to determine what passes Campbell can really make in dangerous traffic.

However as a rookie coach, when your team has a chance to make the playoffs, it makes sense for Zorn to stay more conservative. So he might want his QB to be extra-careful with the football and instead rely a good/great defense to keep the game close, and the Skins' solid running to win those close games. After all, the Skins' rookie WRs are a few years away from blossoming, and the QB's in his first year with the Zorn WCO.

Giants playcalling was honestly great yesterday. Whenever Blache tried to make a move (like overload one side of the field) the Giants called the perfect offensive play to counter it.

We don't (and havent in YEARS) do stuff like that.

That's cause they eavesdrop on play calling now on both sides of the ball..;)

Jim - the play calling sucked...see the NYG playcalling as an example of how to keep a defense on its heels and guessing.

It's not like the Giant O was all that dynamic with their playcalling. Especially when they decided to run that delay, or off tackle out of the shotgun set almost at will.

Does anyone have a direct quote of what Cooley acutally said? They were getting ready to talk about it on the Lockerroom and I missed it. I tried looking for it but what exactly did Cooley say?? Smokin Al was saying that he was getting ready to call someone out but caught himself, I would love to know what he said.

People are pointing to how Campbell doesn't have confidence that his WRs will get separation and break open. That's why Jason doesn't throw the ball until he sees the WR is open.

Well, maybe Zorn is losing confidence in Campbell's decisions and passing accuracy. It already looks like the playbook was scaled back -- are there passes that Zorn doesn't have confidence Campbell could throw into risky traffic?

Frankly, if the Skins weren't in the playoff hunt, I suspect we would have seen more 'experimentation' by Ziorn to determine what passes Campbell can really make in dangerous traffic.

However as a rookie coach, when your team has a chance to make the playoffs, it makes sense for Zorn to stay more conservative. So he might want his QB to be extra-careful with the football and instead rely a good/great defense to keep the game close, and the Skins' solid running to win those close games. After all, the Skins' rookie WRs are a few years away from blossoming, and the QB's in his first year with the Zorn WCO.

Why must you sound so damn logical all the time. ;)

Honestly, no real surprise there from Riggo. I love the guy but listening to his radio show when it was on it's been obvious he hasn't like Campbell from the beginning. It's not really surprising to me that he'd be looking for someone to put blame on Campbell but I agree that it sounded like Cooley was indirectly referring to playcalling above all else - perhaps even blocking.

He played with a guy named Theisman. Can you blame him for not liking Campbell?

Very good and insightful post.

I believe earlier in the season Zorn was taking more risks both in playcalling and going for it on 4th down. However as the season progressed and we were actually competing for the playoffs and possibly the division, he decided to ride the back of Clinton and our defense. He wanted JC to NOT MAKE ANY game changing mistakes and probably scaled down some of the plays.

I got to think that any coach who consistently sees his quarterback on third and long throwing a dump off that doesn't get anywhere close to the yard marker would be furious, but Zorn seemed fine with it. However at this point with the season progressing and our chances for the playoffs dwindling, I could see Zorn opening up the offense more and testing JC more on what he is doing out there.

Archived