Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Laron Landry dissapointing to watch

Lavarleap56

The problem is Landry doesn't strike fear in an offense yet. Teams & Players were SCARED of Sean Taylor. Whether it was a big hit he could deliver, or being able to run across the entire field to make an INT. Taylor stuck fear in opposing offenses.

Landry is solid, but he doesn't strike fear in anyone yet.

He was getting there toward the end of the year last year. If GW had stayed, you would see a different player.

Remember LaVar under Marty compared to other coaches?

Relax guys, Sean wasn't a total player until his fourth year in the league. I remember the board bashing him constantly until he stepped it up in his last year. Give the kid some time to develop. We are kind of taking him for granted because he stepped in right away and contributed from day one.

Well put. I think he'll bounce back, maybe even at the end of this year. He'll be fine.

in the 4th quarter Landry has the chance to tackle jacobs and instead lays on the ground to not even attempt to tackle him... WTF is that??? i know he got rolled over in the first game but thats football and if your scared of it happening again sit on the bench and let someone play who isnt scared to tackle.

You try tackling Brandon Jacobs. :)

I was over at the giants board and found this thread titled "Why Laron Landry hates the giants" http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/1072930.aspx

I'm a HUGE landry supporter and **** like this just hurts, but no matter what I believe Landry will be the best FS in the NFC for a long time he just has so much more talent and potential than anyone else out there

Good god, Jacobs outweighs him by 50 pounds. He wasn't the reason we lost. And I know some (or alot) of people in here won't agree with me, but Sean wussed out big time in the overtime loss to the Rams a few years ago when Steven Jackson burst up the middle. He pulled up. All players do at some point. We need to stop these comparisons with Taylor. Landry is a different type of player and you guys are going to run him out on a rail because he doesn't play like Sean? You guys are something else sometimes.

hes not being compared to Taylor so why does everyone keep saying that. have the Redskins franchise fell so far from its glory days that fans of this team have developed a second nature to claim mediocre play as great?? do we now make excuses for players out of our own desire for them to fullfill expectations and have success for this franchise?

how many players have had excuses made for them since 1993 way to many and honestly we are a inteligent fan base and know good football when we see it but im wondering if it has been so long since we have seen consistent good football being played by this team that we forgot what it looks like sometimes. i understand that everyone of us want this team to be great but odviously some of us are still blinded by reality as you love the Redskins so much and i understand that as i love them to.

honestly i could post alot more factual evidence that supports what is being said in this thread but refrain from doing so from personal relationships with people on the team and in the organization. Everyone that is a part of this community especially the mods know that players and people in the organization frequent this board regularly as a example Clinton Portis had took the time to print out alot of the threads that were critizing him and saying betts should start and in regards to the players club show and who knows maybe it was used as motivation for him. I will not post anything that will cause turmoil for a player or the team but as a fan i will let some things out but you have to be able to read between the lines sometimes.

Regadless of what the players say the read the paper, they watch the news and tv hell ive been at a players house watching monday night football pregame while he was waiting to see if a play he made was in the top ten from that sunday lol most of them are good dudes but they are normal people 2 just like us.

If your reading this thread and your a Laron Landry fan that is awesome because i am as well however criticism about his play is not a bad thing maybe it will possibly motivate him that its not only the teammates that see it or the coaches but the fans as well.

If i had 54 players, coaches, and the whole Redskin fan base counting on me to make the play and i was getting payed millions of dollars to tackle i would try to do just that. Not trying at all is worse than trying and failing .

Good thread all the way around LL.

So how do you think it gets fixed?

Could bench him for the first half of a game...but doubt Zorn wants to ruffle any feathers.

Do you think he plays as is......then lights it up in his contract year...and leaves?

how many players have had excuses made for them since 1993 way to many and honestly we are a inteligent fan base and know good football when we see it but im wondering if it has been so long since we have seen consistent good football being played by this team that we forgot what it looks like sometimes. i understand that everyone of us want this team to be great but odviously some of us are still blinded by reality as you love the Redskins so much and i understand that as i love them to.

I have wondered exactly the same thing out loud many times on this board.

Could bench him for the first half of a game...but doubt Zorn wants to ruffle any feathers.

Do you think he plays as is......then lights it up in his contract year...and leaves?

NOW he thinks benching Landry for a half is a good idea.

un****ingreal...

You have to be ****ing kidding me.

in the 4th quarter Landry has the chance to tackle jacobs and instead lays on the ground to not even attempt to tackle him... WTF is that??? i know he got rolled over in the first game but thats football and if your scared of it happening again sit on the bench and let someone play who isnt scared to tackle.

It was actually Derrick Ward I think

If your reading this thread and your a Laron Landry fan that is awesome because i am as well however criticism about his play is not a bad thing maybe it will possibly motivate him that its not only the teammates that see it or the coaches but the fans as well.

Good points and I just want to make it clear that I'm not a "Landry" fan, but a fan of the entire team. I just think some fans get the idea that the players are super-human and the point I was making was, Landry is 6-1 and 205, Sean was 6-3 and 225. Two different styles.

how it gets fixed i think is one coach Jackson needs to go and honestly how he survived and stayed on after last season is beyond me.and when your a coach and you hang out with players off the field i think it takes away from your effectivness on it while your suppose to coach them.

Does anyone remember mother dunn the former strength coach he was let go for similar reasons. Since Jackson has come here what improvement have you seen from our safties?? Horton came on like gangbusters early because he played in a almost identical defensive system with dewayne walker at ucla as he was our former secondary coach before he went to ucla. Taylors improvement came from Williams being in his ear and Seans drive to be great. Laron came in and the law was put down by Williams and things were laid out for him that he had to do certain things to earn his position on the field and he came through and fullfilled those things and started the season and improved as the season went along.

When Williams was here do you think you could not show up for the offseason program, skip a mini camp, and show up a day late for another mini camp, miss the entire preseason and then step on the field as the starter for the opening game?? the answer is no because it happend with Sean in his first few years but Williams made his message to Sean during the pre-season a few years in a row that nothing is givin to you and you have to earn it every season and that isnt the case this season and thats not a put down on blache because the position coaches still dictate playing time. If The position coach is hangin out with certain players off the field does that interfere with your decisions on it?? if you went out with one of your bosses on a tuesday night and were out till 4am then got 3 hours sleep woke up drove to redskins park went to your position meetings and caught up on some sleep you missed from the long night out then went and practiced how effective would you be and who holds you accountable when the postion coach did the same?

Laron doesnt need to get benched cause he has the potential to excel when HE wants to but he NEEDS to be pushed and driven hard to do so until he gets it and matures as a person and a player.

If i had 54 players, coaches, and the whole Redskin fan base counting on me to make the play and i was getting payed millions of dollars to tackle i would try to do just that. Not trying at all is worse than trying and failing .

You would only do it once... oh yeah(week 1) LL did try and week 13 he said **** that.

hes not being compared to Taylor so why does everyone keep saying that. have the Redskins franchise fell so far from its glory days that fans of this team have developed a second nature to claim mediocre play as great?? do we now make excuses for players out of our own desire for them to fullfill expectations and have success for this franchise?

honestly i could post alot more factual evidence that supports what is being said in this thread but refrain from doing so from personal relationships with people on the team and in the organization. Everyone that is a part of this community especially the mods know that players and people in the organization frequent this board regularly as a example Clinton Portis had took the time to print out alot of the threads that were critizing him and saying betts should start and in regards to the players club show and who knows maybe it was used as motivation for him. I will not post anything that will cause turmoil for a player or the team but as a fan i will let some things out but you have to be able to read between the lines sometimes.

Regadless of what the players say the read the paper, they watch the news and tv hell ive been at a players house watching monday night football pregame while he was waiting to see if a play he made was in the top ten from that sunday lol most of them are good dudes but they are normal people 2 just like us.

Too funny. I've essentially been saying this for YEARS now. Almost in verbatim :)

Landry has been playing like crap all season. He's consistently late on his reads and breaks... which is why he's not able to make a play on the ball but instead is relegated to trying to make a big hit to break up a play.

And he simply isn't doing it.... because he's not as big of a hitter as he seems to think he is... and his timing on big hits is off.

He makes a LOT of bad reads in his zones... which is why a lot of deep passes are getting completed.

Will he improve? Who knows. But you don't need a #6 overall pick making millions of dollars to do what Landry is doing 30 yards deep. You can find a 7th-round draft pick to play 30-yards deep.

Wow. Let me guess. You're friends with Laron, and he confided in you that he was terrified of jacobs, right?

What a dumbass post.

Is that an attempt at comedy, sarcasm, or what? I don't know but if that's the best you got I'm not even going to fire back at you. Well thanks for the freebie for the old post count, better luck next time Vegas.

Archived