Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Laron Landry dissapointing to watch

Lavarleap56

in the 4th quarter Landry has the chance to tackle jacobs and instead lays on the ground to not even attempt to tackle him... WTF is that??? i know he got rolled over in the first game but thats football and if your scared of it happening again sit on the bench and let someone play who isnt scared to tackle.

I must have missed Landry doing that, I did get up in the 4th quarter to walk away from the TV because I was so pissed I had to get away for a sec but I came back and never saw anything like that. I have read people being dissapointed for his play but he really hasnt dissapointed me this year. Yea I would like some more big plays but overall he has had a solid year I think. But I dont think Landry is scared to tackle anyone.

no that was ward, cant fnd it online to post it. was jacobs biggest gain of the day i think, he gets through the line and it almost looked like a identical setup to howhe got ran over to open the season but this time larons just hits the ground and jacobs steped around him. he was in position to attenot a tackle and instead if going for contact he hit the turf i guess hoping jacobs would trip over him.

I thought the thread last week about Laron cleared up for everyone that he was indeed the best safety in the league and never made any bad plays. That thread also told you how he never got trucked by Jacobs because he is Laron Landry and that was because he ran in at the last second to try and save the day. Remember he is also playing with a bad hammy and it's a miracle he's even out there.

In all seriousness he has had a horrible year for a supposed play making impact player. His hits intimidate no one, he has forced little to nothing in the way of game changing plays, and his run support is pathetic at times. On the bright side Horton is a beast and looks like the steal of the draft.

Guest ComebackKing

That's actually a harder play than most people realize. Especially when your shoulders are turned in the wrong direction. I've seen many defensive players get caught like that before.

Good thing we have Horton.

I honestly think Jacobs took Landry's heart some 12 weeks ago.

I think this pretty much seems it up about Laron. It looks like he is playing scared to me and it started with that Jacobs hit. He now hits everyone low and doesn't hit like he did last year. I don't know what happen to him, but I want the Laron we had at the end of the year last year. He is a ghost of himself now.

jacobs took his heart and swagger and he hasnt been the same since that hit. Laron for 5 weeks after that all you sall him do was dive and take out people ankles to make tackles just recently has he started to try and be more physical but today he just looked down right afraid to get into a collision with jacobs. Sean got ran over once by Greg Jones during a FSU/MIAMI game but he sure as hell didnt stop laying wood on people.

after today, and the past month of games really, Landry should not be singled out for lack of contribution. Some people just don't know football...and many of them start threads like this useless one. Arghhhhh.

excuse me?? i know football for one and i know its not all his fault but the laron of this season does not resemble the laron from last season at all. i know after Seans passing Landry gained alot of fans and played well and looked like he could carry the fire and intensity that Sean brought to this team but due to coaching and other things his play this year is a disappointment.

I love Landry as the next guy but I just don't think he'll be a Skin for his career like Sean woulda been.

I hope I'm wrong but it just doesn't seem like he's playing with that fire that he did last season when Sean was here to mentor him.

Laron wont be here after his contract is up or a year before if he tries to force a trade the year before his deal is up but thats old news and it is expected. Sen mentoring him meant alot to him but also the tough love from Williams is really what he is missing.

larons got all the talent in the world but doesnt have the drive to put the time in he has to to maximize that talent

Agreed, I saw him on PAT, which yes is pretty much a gimme, but after the snap, he just stood there. No attempt at all to block the kick. Let's hope he gets to where he could/should be for the next 4 to 8 games. :ravensuck

excuse me?? i know football for one and i know its not all his fault but the laron of this season does not resemble the laron from last season at all. i know after Seans passing Landry gained alot of fans and played well and looked like he could carry the fire and intensity that Sean brought to this team but due to coaching and other things his play this year is a disappointment.

OK, so is it "coaching" or is it "other things"? I'm unconvinced. Laron has not all of a sudden slumped. He's only working on his second year and still has tremendous upside. And quit comparing him to ST, let him be his own player and hold him to that standard.

Archived