Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some positives from the game

Slateman

Montgomery played well. I actually think he can be a solid starter for us on the DL if we can pair him with a more athletic partner at DT to compliment him.

Hall looked solid. Besides falling down once his coverage was good. He had a pick and should have had another if Springs doesn't run into him like an idiot.

Taylor was active and got a sack or two. Actually our pass rush today was about as good as it's been all year.

There were zero positives ...unless you want to say Vinny needs to be replaced and hire a quality GM...and hire Bill Cowher as head coach. You just can't make the jump from QB coach to Head Coach...Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you watch??? The red flags came up when we lost at home to the Rams.

Jason Campbell did not die. Hopefully the film will finally show Zorn that Jansen belongs on the bench and Vinny that the lines are the only thing to worry about in April!

Only thing? Uh, does Smoot ring a bell?

What about our punting situation. We have ARE who still drops passes too much and oh yeah, that small little position called the QUARTER BACK. We don't have one. Maybe Brennan, but surely not that clown we have now.

There are NO positives to take from this game.This is the worst skins team i EVER remember watching.

Thank you skins.Thank you zorn and blanche.

We dont deserve a playoff spot and after today.

We WONT get one.

What a waste.

If you score points, your defense can stay with there game plan. When you don't score points on offense, the defense has to take chances. That has been the problem with this team for eons. Say what you want about the coaching. Not one coach can score a point. Not one coach can block. Not one coach can catch a freaking pass right in there hands. Not one coach can get a damn sack. Not one coach can throw an accurate pass.

You're playing at home, you know you need to play lights out. The Giants have distractions themselves. Yet these players come out and look for something for nothing. They get man-handled. They don' t execute. They don't score points. What in the world do you expect the coaches to do?

I don't care how good our defense is unless this team scores any points we could have the 85 bears defense if the skins don't score they will not win. At least with Gibbs we could make field goals.

If I remember correctly at one time during the regular season the 85 Bears' defense had scored more points than allowed.

Their defense allowed 11.5 points per game throughout the regular season, then 3.3 points per game in the postseason.

So we would at least be 9-3 instead of 7-5

If you score points, your defense can stay with there game plan. When you don't score points on offense, the defense has to take chances. That has been the problem with this team for eons. Say what you want about the coaching. Not one coach can score a point. Not one coach can block. Not one coach can catch a freaking pass right in there hands. Not one coach can get a damn sack. Not one coach can throw an accurate pass.

You're playing at home, you know you need to play lights out. The Giants have distractions themselves. Yet these players come out and look for something for nothing. They get man-handled. They don' t execute. They don't score points. What in the world do you expect the coaches to do?

I'm talking more about the play calling.Maybe i was a little unjustified on blanche but this offense is so pee wee style,pop warner,etc.other than the reverse to thomas it was so elementary.We dont play to win.We play to try and not lose.

Your right the coaches dont make the plays.They call em.And can you really say it was a well called game?Cause i say NO!Now blast away if ya like.This team is not the worst weve seen yet.Just wait.We'll get worse.

Devin Thomas scored on a great play. I think thats his first TD! So props to Thomas!

Deangello Hall is playing great. Another interception. Would have had two. Needs a little work on tackling, but everyone knew that when he was drafted. I really hope this guy becomes a long term Redskin next year.

Redskins run defense stopped the running game. Brandon Jacobs has been running all over everyone. He really didn't do that today. Until the end of the game, when it really didn't matter, the Redskins defense did a good job against the Giants' rushing attack. Now, screens on the other hand . . .

Jason Taylor - Oh yea, he's here. He showed improvement over the past couple games. He got a sack that was called back. He got pressure a couple times. Batted down a screen pass (something we need to start doing) He still sucks, but he's getting better.

Boschetti and Alexander - Played great today. One of the reasons we were able to keep Jacobs in check.

you forgot too say A.Montgomery and A.Carter got a sack.

Hey here is a positive, we scored 7 points! We didnt get shut out! While I'm at it, lets see how awesome our scoring has been this season:

2008 Washington Redskins

PF: 208 PA: 222

Yep, we are now negative in our scoring differential.

Lets see where we rank among the league's elite in scoring:

32. Bengals: PF: 151 Record: 1-10-1

31. Rams PF: 159 Record: 2-10

30: Oakland PF: 159 Record: 3-8

29: Chiefs: PF: 196 Record: 1-10

28: Detroit: PF: 203 Record: 0-12

27: Redskins: PF 208 Record: 7-5

Look at the company we are in. Look at the offense the Jason Campbell is running, with the league's #1 rusher!

We should be 3-8.

Archived