Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Wii games

Corcaigh

Our Wii doesn't get a lot of use - the Wii sports games don't have a lot of replay interest to us. We also have the other two consoles and so do our 'serious' gaming there. We have Mario Kart, which is great, so what are the unique fun games that make the Wii? Super Smash Bros? Sonic? Super Mario Galaxy?

Super Mario Galaxy is great fun.

Give Super Paper Mario and Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess a try.

Lately I've been playing alot of Boom Blox with friends and we all love that. Its a game with different modes but its similar to Jenga. You use the wii remote to remove blocks in an effort to not have the tower fall over. But there are also modes where you have to knock the tower over by throwing something at it.

Our Wii doesn't get a lot of use - the Wii sports games don't have a lot of replay interest to us. We also have the other two consoles and so do our 'serious' gaming there. We have Mario Kart, which is great, so what are the unique fun games that make the Wii great? Super Smash Bros? Sonic? Super Mario Galaxy?

Multiplayer - Super Smash Bros Brawl

Best game - Super Mario Galaxy has average reviews of 9.7/10 and won 5 game of the year awards (more than COD 4 etc.). If you don't have it, get it.

"IGN - Super Mario Galaxy is one of the greatest platformers I have ever played, Wii's best game, and an absolute must-own experience. And to me, this odd trek through space really does feel like the true sequel to Mario 64."

Close thread.

Looks like we'll be getting that ... but keep 'em coming. My kids have never accused me of not spending enough on games. :)

believe me when i say it, link's crossbow training is easily the most fun you can have for 20 bucks.

edit: in video game speak, of course.

for christmas, we bought a game for my father in law that has horseshoes, beanbag toss, lawn darts, beer pong and several other games. i'm looking forward to playing that.

Metroid Prime 3

Mario Galaxy

Da Blob

Bloom Blox

No More Heroes

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Mario Party 9

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Call of Duty: World at War

Trauma Center

Trauma Center: Secon Opinion

Don't forget WiiWare and VC. My Wii wouldn't get much playtime if I didn't buy games off of WiiWare.

Games I do have:

Super Mario Strikers: Charged is an awesome soccer game. After playing it at a friend's house I had to buy it. Its one of the best Mario-themed sports games I've played if not the best.

Metroid Prime 3 is an awesome FPS/puzzle game. makes great use of the motion controls to add that extra something. It actually feels like your throwing the grapple-beam at the enemy and ripping the shield out of his hands.

Super Mario Galaxy- Not as ground-breaking as Mario 64, but still a great platformer. I was a little disappointed by it because I heard all the hype coming into it. Don't expect it to be the second coming and you'll have a good time with it.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl- Must have party multiplayer game. really took the franchise to the next level. Online isn't that great since there's about a half-second delay between control and action, but play that thing with a couple friends in your basement or wherever and you'll have a lot of fun.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess- Okay, technically I don't have the Wii version of this game, I have it for gamecube since I got impatient waiting to find a Wii. Overall, this could very well be the best Zelda game ever. Some people still put OoT as the best ever, but I really liked this one. It is one epic adventure that will give you hours upon hours of gameplay. In one go around, I spent over 40 hours on it. I've probably got played the game for a total of around 100 hours. It is that good.

Games I do not have but heard great things about and want:

Resident Evil 4

Medal of Honor: Heroes 2

Okami

Mario Kart Wii

No More Heroes

Personally I think Majora's Mask is the best 3d Zelda game thanks to the NPC interactions in Termia. You could actually transform and many of the mask were very useful. I would give the dungeons in OOT the edge for better design, but everything else, Majora's Mask dominated OOT. It's very underrated imo.

Personally I think Majora's Mask is the best 3d Zelda game thanks to the NPC interactions in Termia. You could actually transform and many of the mask were very useful. I would give the dungeons in OOT the edge for better design, but everything else, Majora's Mask dominated OOT. It's very underrated imo.

I've been put off MM because every time I've played its had bugs, whether cartridge or ROM.

okami is pretty fun

I would put Okami up there but it's really just a port of the PS2 game with motion controls. If you've never played the ps2 game you could get the Wii version but I would just buy the cheaper version myself.

Games I do have:

Super Mario Strikers: Charged is an awesome soccer game. After playing it at a friend's house I had to buy it. Its one of the best Mario-themed sports games I've played if not the best.

Metroid Prime 3 is an awesome FPS/puzzle game. makes great use of the motion controls to add that extra something. It actually feels like your throwing the grapple-beam at the enemy and ripping the shield out of his hands.

Super Mario Galaxy- Not as ground-breaking as Mario 64, but still a great platformer. I was a little disappointed by it because I heard all the hype coming into it. Don't expect it to be the second coming and you'll have a good time with it.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl- Must have party multiplayer game. really took the franchise to the next level. Online isn't that great since there's about a half-second delay between control and action, but play that thing with a couple friends in your basement or wherever and you'll have a lot of fun.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess- Okay, technically I don't have the Wii version of this game, I have it for gamecube since I got impatient waiting to find a Wii. Overall, this could very well be the best Zelda game ever. Some people still put OoT as the best ever, but I really liked this one. It is one epic adventure that will give you hours upon hours of gameplay. In one go around, I spent over 40 hours on it. I've probably got played the game for a total of around 100 hours. It is that good.

Games I do not have but heard great things about and want:

Resident Evil 4

Medal of Honor: Heroes 2

Okami

Mario Kart Wii

No More Heroes

Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda game and possibly game ever.

I've only played the Wii at a friends house. The Resident Evil Chronicles (I think) was a great two player game. It's your basic House of The Dead- but better. It would at least be worth a rental. It delivered a great shoot 'em up evening. Not really sure of the replayability though.

Archived