Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No offense to Sean Taylor, Art Monk, etc

TimmySmith

What's wrong with just playing football every once in a while?

I will honor ST, same as everyone. Wouldn't a tribute be better if it special, instead of part Snyder's weekly sideshow.

Then show up at 1pm and watch the game.....or if you're like some of the Skins fans show up midway through the 1st qtr.

If you got to see Gary Clark last year during halftime and his speech....you'd be saying things differently.

So we will just play the game on Sunday and we will honor ST on say Tuesday when the stadium is EMPTY. How about that? I know it seems lik e alot but this year has been a celebration for the skins and their fans with 2 being inducted into the hall (how many times can teams say that ) and the one year anniversary of the death of a player who would have been one of the best at his position(future HOF). Sorry that it inconveniences you but tough ****.

Absolutely idiotic!

Every team gives away something "gimmickly" usually at 1 or 2 games a year.

The Burgundy on Burgundy was a player decision.

The Art and Darrell ceremony was WELL worth its time.

This Sunday is obviously needed and isn't a ploy. If you sincerely think that, you need counseling.

Un-frickin-believable.

It's astounding the lengths some people will go to invent something to piss and moan about.

I'd expect this from my 2 year old neice, not a grown adult.

Honestly, what did you hope to accomplish by starting a thread like this...besides making yourself look like a major whiner?

Seriously dude did you wake up on the wrong side of bed? Do you need some love?

Talk about HATER! Why you ****ing?

Wow! I am not going to let negative people like you mess up my day!

Happy Holidays to all and RIP SEAN TAYLOR!!!

True Redskins fans will always love and cherish you!!

**** the trolls! Haters!!

Timmy where have you been the last year? Taylor deserves to be in the Ring of Fame. When do you suggest we do it? The anniversary of his passing is the 27th.

And didn't the Giants do the same thing in their first game? Yeah but they the SB champs.

Sean taylor was a champ as a player and deserves the same sort of recognition. It hit us all very hard losing him. So lets give him a moment of our respect and simply honor his play.

While I think we should pay tribute to Sean Taylor on this, the one-year anniversary of his tragic death, there is some legitimacy to what Timmy is saying. The game-day experience at FedEx Field has become gimmicky and more about the production and the marketing, than the product on the field. Granted, winning more consistently would cure some of that -- this current season notwithstanding. But, some have argued that a lot of "fun" aspect of attending a Redskins game has been replaced with a deep and growing chasm between the "haves" (blue-collar, real football fans) and the "have-nots" (wine-and-cheesers) instead of bringing everyone together in a more fan-friendly environment to cheer on the burgundy & gold.

Bill Simmons actually wrote an article about that very topic here: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/partone/081121

could not have said that one any better!

Archived