Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No offense to Sean Taylor, Art Monk, etc

TimmySmith

This thread is a real eye opener to mindset of the "new" Redskin fan. I figured I would take some flak. But the fervor of defense of the practices of the Redskins management is a bit disconcerting. The new generation did not get to experience the "workmanlike" atmosphere of RFK. That place was all about winning. Fedex simply is not. The proof is 12 years in the making. It starts at the top and goes all the way down. Today's fan is more familiar with the "funky four" than they are with playoff wins. That is sad enough. The fact that they do not seem to make the connection (or don't care) between the "funky four" and the play on the field (distraction) proves to me that the recipe for winning in the 70's,80's, early 90's is long gone and long forgotten. I used to think it was just the management, it appears to me now that the fans are equally complicit.

This thread is a real eye opener to mindset of the "new" Redskin fan. I figured I would take some flak. But the fervor of defense of the practices of the Redskins management is a bit disconcerting. The new generation did not get to experience the "workmanlike" atmosphere of RFK. That place was all about winning. Fedex simply is not. The proof is 12 years in the making. It starts at the top and goes all the way down. Today's fan is more familiar with the "funky four" than they are with playoff wins. That is sad enough. The fact that they do not seem to make the connection (or don't care) between the "funky four" and the play on the field (distraction) proves to me that the recipe for winning in the 70's,80's, early 90's is long gone and long forgotten. I used to think it was just the management, it appears to me now that the fans are equally complicit.

dude, youre 6 years older then me. save it with that "new fan" bull****. youre just being a scrooge and someone who thinks that just because they dont like it that it shouldnt happen. I went to RFK many times, my father went to RFK many times. Maybe you are just an old man who cant let go of the past and live in the present.

You made a stupid thread and now you are lashing out at the people who dont agree with you because youve been properly exposed as someone who looks like a whiny old man. the whole "back in my day" mentality that you are TRYING to convey on here shows that you are selfish and need to stop acting like this team belongs to just you.

Listen, we're not saying that some of the stuff they do at FedEx isn't cheesy and unnecessary. We're not even saying the atmosphere is better. We are, though, saying that honoring Art, Sean, etc. is completely appropriate, and if it happened to any other team, they'd probably do the same thing.

When have we ever worn off color jerseys? All our retro jerseys are burgundy and gold, who cares if they are different shades. The all burgundy is probably our best uniforms now. We need to wear it more often. The gold on the uniform sticks out more with burgundy jerseys and pants.

he's sick and tired of people respecting our great players and he doesnt like getting free stuff.

he also resents the easter bunny for all the chocolate and the tooth fairy for leaving money.

:D Thanks. This thread makes much more sense now that you have given the OP the proper context.:cheers:

dude, youre 6 years older then me. save it with that "new fan" bull****. youre just being a scrooge and someone who thinks that just because they dont like it that it shouldnt happen. I went to RFK many times, my father went to RFK many times. Maybe you are just an old man who cant let go of the past and live in the present.

You made a stupid thread and now you are lashing out at the people who dont agree with you because youve been properly exposed as someone who looks like a whiny old man. the whole "back in my day" mentality that you are TRYING to convey on here shows that you are selfish and need to stop acting like this team belongs to just you.

Walk softly and carry a Big MIke with ya.

Amen brother.

dy44, you need to start beating around the bush and come out and say what's on your mind ...

I was going to say the same thing but dy44 beat me to it.

Many times at RFK? Ever been a season ticket holder? I have for 20 years, after I took the tix from my father who had them for 20 years before. Will you be at the game tomorrow? I will, with my son. Hate on me all you wish. I have walked the walk of a game goer for 35 years. Fedex is not about winning. That is my point. Sorry it does not matter to you.

Archived