Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cover Plaxico! Take your pick

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Alright, obviously we have to stop the Giants run, but to do this, we need to be able to man up on Plax. The dude ate us up even when we doubled him. When we stacked the box and single covered him, he was STILL all over the field and we STILL couldn't stop the run.

So, be Greg Blache for a minute. Who do you put on Plaxico?

I pick Springs, even though Springs got destroyed by Plax game 1.

Springs if he's 100 percent

But I think we should mix it up. Rogers is a lot more physical. We can let him jam at the line and play underneath with Landry over the top.

Hall is pure speed. Let him play off. Maybe swing Horton underneath like we did against Dallas

Springs can do whatever he wants.

in game 2 of the 2007 matchup springs shutdown toomer and smoot covered plax well on deep balls but plax is more of a possession receiver with deep capability and wasn't used in a possession role that game,because plax could kill smoot in a possession role.

I say we line up Rogers over top of him in man press with a safety over top.

Springs if he's 100 percent

But I think we should mix it up. Rogers is a lot more physical. We can let him jam at the line and play underneath with Landry over the top.

Hall is pure speed. Let him play off. Maybe swing Horton underneath like we did against Dallas

Springs can do whatever he wants.

i agree with you sir, mix it up i would say mostly between rogers and springs.

I'd go with Rogers. He is the best combination of speed and size to handle the task. I just don't want to see him lining up 10 yards off the line of scrimmage.

Springs would probably be okay as well, but I'm not sure if he still has the speed to recover if Burress gives him a move.

Smoot is too inconsistent, IMO, to be in man coverage against an upper echelon WR.

Hall may actually be the best bet. The way he's played against T.O in the past tells me he can take on a big, elite WR and do well, but I don't trust him yet. I saw several of his games with the Raiders, and he looked awful in some of those games. I think he's a great asset to the team as a nickel CB, but I worry about letting him start and cover the opponent's top WR.

Physical, Physical, Physical is listed next to Smoot?

Yeah I LOL'd at that as well. Smoot isn't Physical at all. Honestly I don't see how so many people think that Smoot is so good? Hall is better, a lot better than him, and I'm betting once he learns most of the plays he'll take his spot. Smoot can't cover a parked car.

:gaintsuck

plax and springs are both out

Uh, no they aren't...

Archived