Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Matt Cassel stock watch

FunBunch7

Anyway... Cassel has had 2 good games all year... They just happen to have been the last 2 weeks. The guy is Scott Mitchell... Let the Lions pick up this guy.quote]

This is right on the money - anyone who pays Cassel a ton of money next year is making a huge mistake in my view.

Cassel just threw for 400 yards in back to back games. Do you know the last QB to do that in the NFL? Billy Volek.

Matt Cassel is a good QB. And is going to be great. How can you people deny this guy isn't good? He is stepping up right now for the Patriots and his calmness in the pocket is similar to Tom Brady. Bill Bellicheat is the best coach in the nfl by far. To take a QB off the bench to step in for Tom Brady is filling some high shoes. He is doing a very good job at that. I wouldn't classify the Patriots as having a top 5 WR core either. I heard today a pretty good opinion. Tom Brady will be traded in the offseason for a 1st round pick in the draft. There are alot of teams that are going to be looking for a QB next year (Vikings,Eagles, ect). Matt Cassel has proved himself already and Billy Boy knows he is developing another Tom Brady. Call me crazy but the guy is a mastermind at developing QB's.

Matt Cassel is a good QB. And is going to be great. How can you people deny this guy isn't good? He is stepping up right now for the Patriots and his calmness in the pocket is similar to Tom Brady. Bill Bellicheat is the best coach in the nfl by far. To take a QB off the bench to step in for Tom Brady is filling some high shoes. He is doing a very good job at that. I wouldn't classify the Patriots as having a top 5 WR core either. I heard today a pretty good opinion. Tom Brady will be traded in the offseason for a 1st round pick in the draft. There are alot of teams that are going to be looking for a QB next year (Vikings,Eagles, ect). Matt Cassel has proved himself already and Billy Boy knows he is developing another Tom Brady. Call me crazy but the guy is a mastermind at developing QB's.

Billy Boy's system is exactly why Cassel looks good. Cassel has no ability to throw the ball deep, and has been getting a ton of "look good" yards on dump offs and exploiting the talents of 2 of the top 10 best WR's in football. He will be a marignal starter at best on any other team in the league.

Everyone talks about Cassel having such a great O-line and great receivers...

What about Jason Campbell having #26 to hand off to...as of week 12 the NFLs leading rusher. Portis MORE than keeps a defense honest.

Think about this...if JC were on the Patriots, how good would they be?

If Cassel were on the Redskins, maybe we would have scored MORE than 10 vs Dallas and 6 vs Pittsburgh.

As the original poster I find it humorous that for such a "rediculous thread" it sure has people up in arms.

Bottom line...Matt Cassel will be the MOST sought after QB in free agency and that includes Donavan McNabb

This is right on the money - anyone who pays Cassel a ton of money next year is making a huge mistake in my view.

Cassel just threw for 400 yards in back to back games. Do you know the last QB to do that in the NFL? Billy Volek.

that's great. but he didn't suck in his first 7 games either. if you bother to look it up, his first 7 games are almost identical to.....tom brady.

Everyone keeps talking about the Pats o-line like it's immaculate.

The dude has been sacked 34 times.

Jason has the second most with 28.

I'd also like to point out that they have the two highest sack totals for QBs with ratings over 90.

(This is in no way an endorsement of Cassell, nor a way for me to say I want him on the 'skins.)

Everyone keeps talking about the Pats o-line like it's immaculate.

The dude has been sacked 34 times.

Jason has the second most with 28.

I'd also like to point out that they have the two highest sack totals for QBs with ratings over 90.

(This is in no way an endorsement of Cassell, nor a way for me to say I want him on the 'skins.)

Not to mention Cassel has been playing in Tom Brady's shadow and a 16-0 shadow from last season...I'd say he's held up pretty well.

that's great. but he didn't suck in his first 7 games either. if you bother to look it up, his first 7 games are almost identical to.....tom brady.

So if you are a GM would you gamble circa $20M guaranteed on betting if he turns out closer to Tom Brady or Billy Volek?

Me I think he is a product of the system and supporting cast. I'd pass personally.

Cassell = flash in the pan.

yeah, ask cleveland how that worked out last year with derek anderson.

and we run a form of the WCO, does cassel have any experience in that? or is the OP under the assumption that any QB can play any offense. cuz last i checked, the pats run a spread offense.

and we run a form of the WCO, does cassel have any experience in that? or is the OP under the assumption that any QB can play any offense. cuz last i checked, the pats run a spread offense.

The Erhardt-Perkins system certainly isn't a WCO, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a spread sytem either.

Taking away stats, whether or not he sucks or anything like that is irrelevent to me. Cassell will want a huge contract in the offseason and I don't want us to pay it. Plain and simple. It's too much money for 1 guy when we have other areas of need. There is no way we get this guy. This thread is null and void.

Everyone's running a form of the WCO these days.

Tom Brady wasn't a free agent after his first 7 games... Without the 20/20 of hindsight, would you have argued that Tom Brady deserves a huge contract after his first 7 games?

BTW, Cassel sucked during his first 9 games, he threw 7 TDs and had 7 INTs... Brady's first 9 games in 2001, he was 12 TDs and had 7 INTs. It's not like Brady had Randy Moss and Wes Welker to throw to either...

It's not that Cassel isn't a good player to have. I'm betting he will re-sign with the Patriots in the offseason because most teams won't be putting a premium on the skills of a guy who had been a career backup for nearly the last decade.

Tom Brady wasn't a free agent after his first 7 games... Without the 20/20 of hindsight, would you have argued that Tom Brady deserves a huge contract after his first 7 games?

BTW, Cassel sucked during his first 9 games, he threw 7 TDs and had 7 INTs... Brady's first 9 games in 2001, he was 12 TDs and had 7 INTs. It's not like Brady had Randy Moss and Wes Welker to throw to either...

It's not that Cassel isn't a good player to have. I'm betting he will re-sign with the Patriots in the offseason because most teams won't be putting a premium on the skills of a guy who had been a career backup for nearly the last decade.

With the state of QB play in this league, I wouldn't be surprised if Cassel is suddenly in high demand.

Archived