Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Matt Cassel stock watch

FunBunch7

He lacks "touch"...an example would be the pass to Sellers near the goal line...he threw it way too hard...

You lost any and all credibility you ever had or will ever attain in your life.

To say that pass to Sellers was too hard proves that JC will never be good enough on this board. That pass was perfect. To even joke about that pass being to hard is laughable at best.

It's not that Cassel isn't a good player to have. I'm betting he will re-sign with the Patriots in the offseason because most teams won't be putting a premium on the skills of a guy who had been a career backup for nearly the last decade.

Hahah a career backup? Do you know who Matt Cassel is? This is his 4th season in the NFL at 26 years old. JC didn't see a snap until 2006. Convince me otherwise why teams like Tennessee, Vikings, 49ers, Eagles, Rams, Detriot, ect will not be looking at this QB if the Patriots are willing to part him. You say no team is going to put a premium on a guy who has been a career backup 'for the last decade'. If JC was to hit free agency next season and we let him go.....convince me as to why teams would look at JC before they looked at Cassel...

Imagine if the Pats kept Cassel, then shopped a now injury prone Brady on the open market. They could get probably get a year + worth of draft picks from a team.

If they're dumb enough to trade Brady I hope Vinny trades our entire draft, JC, his mother and extended family, Portis and whatever else the Patriots want. Tom Brady in B&G = heaven.

I've been hearing lots of talk as of late on ESPN radio re. why it makes sense to trade Brady given the uncertainties of post-surgery while stock piling between two and four #1 picks in exchange for.

If the Pats are dumb enough to deal Brady DO IT NOW VINNY!!! Everyone is tradable, I don't care if we have to trade our entire draft for the next 5 years. JUST DO IT!!!!

I think JC could throw for 400 yards and 5 TDs on Sunday and some people here would still want to see Todd Collins or Colt Brennan get the next start.

When JC's averaging less than 1 TD per game, how can you think people's opinions of him wouldn't be affected by him throwing 5 TDs in a single game? That would increase his TD production this season by 50% in just 1 game.

];5862895']You lost any and all credibility you ever had or will ever attain in your life.

To say that pass to Sellers was too hard proves that JC will never be good enough on this board. That pass was perfect. To even joke about that pass being to hard is laughable at best.

I agree that Sellers "should" have caught it...but my point WAS that there was no need for JC to put so much heat on that pass...this was just one example of MANY this season...

Think of all the other passes that Moss could have caught in stride but had to come back fo rthe ball.

Campbell has NO TOUCH on the ball whatsoever for an NFL QB.

PS. I'm not looking for credibility...just a franchise quarterback:2cents:

Archived