Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Matt Cassel stock watch

FunBunch7

It's been pretty well documented that the Patriots WILL NOT be able to afford Cassel since his salary demands will be somewhere in the 6-8 million range. There WILLbe compensation due to the Patriots but for a possible franchise QB, I thina team like the Skins will be more than willing to ante up.

Now before all you Campbell supporters start bashing me, I am thrilled to death a the seaosn that JC has had so far....he has exceeded my expectations. But sadly, he is NOT our long term answer at QB. He lacks "touch"...an example would be the pass to Sellers near the goal line...he threw it way too hard...or how about when Moss beat the corner in Dallas...had the ball been on target it would have been a TD.

Cassel came out of nowhere and after a pretty unspectacular start this kid is showing he has the "it" factor!!! He's chucking the ball like it's nobodys business...he's killing teams with his feet...he has virtually no running game and his defense is making him "have" to win the games.

I'm saying right now...Cassel, WILL BE our starting quarterback next year!

I'll resurrect this thread in March!!!

One name matt Schaub.

Cassell is a system QB and will not work out of belichick's genius system. I don't want a patriot reject making a fool out of the redskins. Imagine the skins signing the guy for a big contract and he looks horrible. NO WAY, I'd rather take my chances with Campbell and Colt.

I think JC could throw for 400 yards and 5 TDs on Sunday and some people here would still want to see Todd Collins or Colt Brennan get the next start. What the hell is wrong with some of you? JC has played in some many different offenses, and yet he still adjusts well and has played very well for us this season. Maybe he's not gonna throw for 4,000 yards and 35 TDs and win an MVP award, but remember he's only in his third real NFL season and he's still played incredibly well this year, IMO

One name matt Schaub.

Cassell is a system QB and will not work out of belichick's genius system. I don't want a patriot reject making a fool out of the redskins. Imagine the skins signing the guy for a big contract and he looks horrible. NO WAY' date=' I'd rather take my chances with Campbell and Colt.[/quote']

Not only that, he's behind one of the best offensive lines in the league.

Oh... my... God. Are you serious?! Cassel is garbage. I don't give a damn about the last game he played in, he is straight GARBAGE! It took what, the whole season for him to realize that he had Randy Moss to throw to? Dude what do you have against Campbell? He went the whole first half of the season without an interception. Some were even passing his name around as a possible MVP candidate. And here you are, clammering for a new quarterback. Dude, relax. We have plenty of capable qb's here already. Jeez!!!

You know what Cassel has that JC doesn't? Randy Moss and all the other weapons Tom Brady has enjoyed plus great pass protection. He isn't so much coming of age as he has finally figured out how to use what had previously been a 16-0 team. If any QB can find an open receiver given time, any QB can throw for 400 yards with the Patriots.

Archived