Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Billary accepts Sec. of State job

Fletch_Lives59

If the president asks you to serve, you have to do it, IMO, so I don't blame Hillary. But I'm VERY disappointed in Obama's choice.

It's not my call, of course, but I think Bill Richardson would have been perfect.

If she accepts, he just took her out of the Senate. You should be thrilled. The Clinton would end with this move. If she wants a career in politics she should not accept the position.

Honestly, its not like Hillary and Bill are his best friends... he's picking people that he thinks are smart and competent, and also people that are able to say NO to him. I said it before, but that's actually change.

Unfortunately, I am not seeing much "change" from Obama thus far. Recycling maybe, but change, No.

I really was having some high hopes that maybe he was actually going to bring in Washington outsiders from all walks of life to fill roles in his administration. It was one of the few things that would have earned him some respect from me. Pretty bummed that its back to the old partisan politics as usual with no significant change from what either of the big parties has done before.

If she accepts, he just took her out of the Senate. You should be thrilled. The Clinton would end with this move. If she wants a career in politics she should not accept the position.

I'd respectfully disagree.

Few people really knew Condoleeza Rice before she was Secretary, let alone National Security Adviser. But it didn't take long, after being named SoS for the presidential talk to start.

And really, what better experience is there in preparation to be president than SoS? (Though I grant it's certainly not the traditional path.)

Unfortunately, I am not seeing much "change" from Obama thus far. Recycling maybe, but change, No.

I really was having some high hopes that maybe he was actually going to bring in Washington outsiders from all walks of life to fill roles in his administration. It was one of the few things that would have earned him some respect from me. Pretty bummed that its back to the old partisan politics as usual with no significant change from what either of the big parties has done before.

He's not gonna pick Ron Paul no matther how hard you hope. :D

I'd respectfully disagree.

Few people really knew Condoleeza Rice before she was Secretary, let alone National Security Adviser. But it didn't take long, after being named SoS for the presidential talk to start.

And really, what better experience is there in preparation to be president than SoS? (Though I grant it's certainly not the traditional path.)

Well he did take her out of the 2012 picture if she accepts.

Personally I've never been a Hillary fan, but I think this move makes sense in a lot of ways.

It keeps her out of the health care debate for one thing. She can have more impact from the Sec of State seat than from the Senate, most likely. A win-win really. And it's another way to heal any bad tastes in the mouth of Hillary supporter, any they just might feel less animosity towards Obama because of this.

I think she's very qualified for the job, but it just seems like there's so many other cabinet positions that would be more conducive to the different ideologies of her and Obama than as Sec of State.

As long as she understands that she serves at the pleasure of the President, I think she's a great choice. But I have my doubts about her ability to take orders from Obama. We'll see, I suppose.

Archived