Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

I've saved the Choklat for tonight

Be warned it is a behemoth and if you have the 22oz it will take time to drink it (not necessarily a bad thing). It is very good its just so intense on the chocolate flavors that its almost too big to drink. It took me just over an hour to get through the 22oz I had last year. Consider it your dinner I made the mistake of drinking it after a meal.

Be warned it is a behemoth and if you have the 22oz it will take time to drink it (not necessarily a bad thing). It is very good its just so intense on the chocolate flavors that its almost too big to drink. It took me just over an hour to get through the 22oz I had last year. Consider it your dinner I made the mistake of drinking it after a meal.

Thanks for the warning, that description of a stout is right in my wheelhouse. Real excited.

Southern Tier Imperial Choklat Stout

IMG_1218.JPG

Brownish-black pour with a small, spotty, soapy tan head. The cluster pattern of the bubbles makes this look chock full of flavor.

Aroma is so much chocolate, a ton of dark and a lot of milk chocolate. Coffee, toffee, butter-on-bread, barely any roast. Huge power to the aroma, incredible smell.

Taste is a tital wave of chocolate. Dark and milk. Caramel, coffee, toffee, cream, very low roast. Awesome.

Finish is long: chocolate; caramel and a suped-up coffee as well...it all lasts for a good while.

This beer is what I've hoped to find when searching for a chocolate stout. The body balances very well with this beer. It's big, but not enormous. Main focus stays on the taste, which it should for a brew so potent with flavor.

When it boils down to it, this beer needs no tweaks. It's just awesomely tasty. People who like stouts and chocolate, meet your new friend. A+

A+ (100)

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Checked the price of and actually picked up 6 hop 3 and 6 Peg Legs. The original price I quoted was 7.99, I was slightly off, the actual price is 8.49 per 6 pack. So what does the brewery charge?

I think that the brewery charges about $8.00 per six-pack. Rince would know better, as he works there.

In any case, that's a damn good price and the Loose Cannon and the Peg Leg are damn good beers!!

Tried some of the Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversay Imperial Helles Bock this past week. Solid Brew. I'm biased though because I dig almost every beer this company produces. Doing the State of California proud.

I love their beers as well. I picked up their Tumbler autumn brown ale and it was a fine beer. 5.5% and smooth, great taste. Awesome brown ale.

Had the Southern Tier Pumking....and it is amazingly pungent. Pumpkin pie, banana bread, ginger bread, cinnamon. The only time hops come in to the picture is on the aftertaste, and it is a STRONG hop bitterness for a herbal/spice beer. What a transition from pumpkin pie to hops. It's a hearty, extremely potent formula. Pretty much your typical description for Southern Tier beers. The constant bombardment of spices can get overboard quite quickly, but it's still a stunning concoction. Very slow sipper.

A (95)

my wife really likes the kriek and framboise beers. They're tasty, but after about half a bottle I'm ready for something else.

My favorite belgian beer is Konnick... just very drinkable and refreshing. And it'll get you ****ed up :D

*edit*

FrFran, shouldn't you start a wine thread or something? :silly:

Edited by zoony

Samuel Adams Latitude 48 IPA

f2a33032-0272-4967-862e-ccaa706f81f6.jpg

Transparent mahogany, very dark IPA. Looks like a brown ale or double bock. Large spongy head, very sticky lacing. Can't believe this is an IPA from looking at it, but it looks great.

Your typically solid IPA aroma. A lot of citrus...with pine, grass and a toasty malt backbone.

Taste is a very sharp attack of hops. High level of bitterness hits right away, and continues for a while. Finish is extremely long, and can seem "dusty" at times. The flavor of this beer is all about the "pop" of the hops. It's not much of a brew to sit there and explore with your tastebuds. It's pretty much about the intensity of the bitter citrus and pine, and it does a real nice job in that regard.

The thing that I really like about this beer is that it looks like it's going to taste malty, and ends up being one of the more strongly-bitter beers I've ever had. Real cool.

B+ (88)

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I assume you're talking about Sam Adams' Octoberfest, yeah Octoberfest for me it has more flavor which is what I want in my beer.

If you want flavor in your beer...and you're talking about "Oktoberfest" beers....try the Southern Teir Pumking. My lord. Makes the Sam Adams laughable as far as potency of flavor. Granted, the Sam Adams and Blue Moon are both a hundred times more drinkable. To me, if I'm playing beer pong with good friends in the fall...it's the Sam Adams. If I want some pumpkin pie beer, it's the Southern Tier.

If you want flavor in your beer...and you're talking about "Oktoberfest" beers....try the Southern Teir Pumking. My lord. Makes the Sam Adams laughable as far as potency of flavor. Granted, the Sam Adams and Blue Moon are both a hundred times more drinkable. To me, if I'm playing beer pong with good friends in the fall...it's the Sam Adams. If I want some pumpkin pie beer, it's the Southern Tier.

Naturally I assumed Sam Adams Octoberfest as it was being compared to Blue Moon which isn't possibly going to be compared to any of the more adventurous Octoberfest beers.