Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

With all due apologies to Rince, ....I picked up a keg of Victory Hop Devil yesterday, stuck it in the kegerator to get acclimated, and will be tapping that bad-boy today after playing some golf.

:point2sky

If any of you hop-heads haven't tried it yet, get your hands on a six-pack and give it a try.

You low-down, no good, son-a-*****...

Actually, I love Hop Devil. As 561 said - they make some really good beer. I love their Prima Pils.

For the game today we have - a growler of unfiltered Cannon, a growler of filtered Cannon, a growler of Winter Storm, and a six pack of random Flying Dog. Hail!

You low-down, no good, son-a-*****...

Actually, I love Hop Devil. As 561 said - they make some really good beer. I love their Prima Pils.

For the game today we have - a growler of unfiltered Cannon, a growler of filtered Cannon, a growler of Winter Storm, and a six pack of random Flying Dog. Hail!

Guilty as charged:ols:

Unfiltered Loose Cannon? Betcha that is seriously good!

Four pack of Samuel Adams Imperial Double Bock, six pack of Leinie's Oktoberfest. I know the Leinie's isn't that popular, but I'm making the rounds on all the fall beers I can get my hands on. Besides, if it ain't that good, I can chase it with the Double Bock! If you like thick, creamy caramel malt...the SA Double is right up your alley.

Has anyone ever had the Goose Island IPA before? Like the look of this beer, foggy gold. It's has an extremely high tone of bitterness at a medium kind of strength. I'll describe it as a Sweet Tart with salt. High carbonation, and highly drinkable for being this uniquely bitter. This stuff is a really good option for bitter beer lovers. It succeeds at being unique and satisfying to the tastebuds. Gotta give this a very high B, maybe an A-. Wouldn't want this all day every day, the hops are very lively, more like a solid once-in-a-while beer. Everybody's different.

ipa_left.jpg

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Ok, so based on the discussion about Sam's Octoberfest, I decided to give it another shot. I like it, not as much as the Winter Lager, it's definitely good and I figured out what it is that kinda quicked me about it the last time I tried it, it's the slight soapy taste at the finish that doesn't sit right in my mouth, that doesn't mean I will stop drinking it, but it knocks it out of my top choices category.

A 12 pack of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale...had about 5 tonight. Great session beer, too bad it's pretty expensive over here. I still think as a craft beer alone it's pretty overrated. The American Craft Beer Fan Bible must state: You are required to LOVE Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Neh, I'd take plenty of Sierra Nevada's selection over the APA.

A 12 pack of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale...had about 5 tonight. Great session beer, too bad it's pretty expensive over here. I still think as a craft beer alone it's pretty overrated. The American Craft Beer Fan Bible must state: You are required to LOVE Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Neh, I'd take plenty of Sierra Nevada's selection over the APA.

The Sierra Nevada Stout is on the money, it sells in my neck of the woods for 6.40 a sixer, which is a steal.

The Sierra Nevada Stout is on the money, it sells in my neck of the woods for 6.40 a sixer, which is a steal.

Yep, their Stout and Extra Stout come to mind right away. Very good stuff. $9.99 here, which isn't bad considering it's from the west coast. Heavy Seas beers are $11.09 and Victory hovers around $18 a sixer, and those breweries are right down the street from here.

Yep, their Stout and Extra Stout come to mind right away. Very good stuff. $9.99 here, which isn't bad considering it's from the west coast. Heavy Seas beers are $11.09 and Victory hovers around $18 a sixer, and they're right down the street from here.

Whaaaaaat?

Beer in Frederick is cheaper than that.

In Htown.

Heavy Seas - 7.99

Victory Hop Devil - 7.99

Victory Hop Wallop and Golden Monkey - 10.99 (both are very good)

Hell, they sell a Victory 12 pack mixer for 15.99.

Stella - 12.99

Brooklyn Double Chocolate Stout - 6.99 for 4.

Dogfish Head - 7.99

Flying Dog - 6.99

Mad River - between 9 and 10 per 6'er. For some reason Jamaica Brand Red Ale is the most expensive.

If you ever need the address of this place let me

know. The owner doesn't mark up 6 packs, he takes the case price / 4 and puts it on the shelf.

:yikes:

I sure would LOVE to know the address. Those prices are almost unbelievable. What do you mean the owner doesn't mark up sixers? I don't really understand the math there. Case price divided by 4?

Exactly, most places have a 6 pack price and discount a case. The owner of Longmeadow Beer and Wine, marks up the case and sells 6 packs at his mark up divided by 4. He is really doing a great job of offering a nice selection, I would say he has over 125 micro/imported beers at least, and it's continuously improving.