Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Wait, you don't live down this way do you? I thought you were from Waldorf?

I am not from Waldorf, I just live here lol I am FROM northern va  (arlington) moved here in 2004 with my ex wife, damn ***** lol

We either have to drive over to nova, or down that way for any food worth eating...

Edited by DButz65

I am not from Waldorf, I just live here lol I am FROM northern va  (arlington) moved here in 2004 with my ex wife, damn ***** lol

We either have to drive over to nova, or down that way for any food worth eating...

I knew Waldorf was involved somehow lol. I haven't been over to Stoney's Kingfishers in awhile. Next time you're down this way, make a trip over to Leonardtown Pub and get Dead Rise on draft. It tastes much better to me on draft. Especially with Old Bay wings!

Sam Adams Double Bock is $8.99 a 4 pack at Twinbrook Deli. He's getting rid of all the Sam Adams Imperials...kinda sucks, but new shelf space is exciting. Wonder what he'll get. Better be some Dark Lord Stout up in that mofo!

Also got Dogfish Head 60 Min. Going to find out what I like more in the Summer, the 60 Min or Dead Rise.

I knew Waldorf was involved somehow lol. I haven't been over to Stoney's Kingfishers in awhile. Next time you're down this way, make a trip over to Leonardtown Pub and get Dead Rise on draft. It tastes much better to me on draft. Especially with Old Bay wings!

Leonardtown Pub used to be one of my accounts with my old job, same thing I do now, different company. The managers there are very cool... they are hop heads so to speak lol and I've had it on draft at one of my current accounts..everything tastes better on draft lol

p.s. its Olde Town Pub not Leonardtown Pub :P

Edited by DButz65

Leonardtown Pub used to be one of my accounts with my old job, same thing I do now, different company. The managers there are very cool... they are hop heads so to speak lol and I've had it on draft at one of my current accounts..everything tastes better on draft lol

p.s. its Olde Town Pub not Leonardtown Pub :P

Hey I call it Leonardtown Pub lol. I went to HS with one of the managers and one of the bar tenders did a wedding I was the best man in, both really cool people. They recently started letting people vote on what beers to pick next on their Facebook page. It's a little pricey, but they have good food and beer!

Do you do any of the bars in St. Mary's with your new job?

Hey I call it Leonardtown Pub lol. I went to HS with one of the managers and one of the bar tenders did a wedding I was the best man in, both really cool people. They recently started letting people vote on what beers to pick next on their Facebook page. It's a little pricey, but they have good food and beer!

Do you do any of the bars in St. Mary's with your new job?

No I moved up to the big time distributors in Virginia (im only 25 minutes from Alexandria) and left these small fry guys down here lol

Damn man, the local store just stocked Dead Rise. Got a couple more 6 packs. I have a ton of good beer in my cellar right now, guests can have whatever they want.

Me being me, I'm saving a few Dead Rises to age.

I'll be over tomorrow night. ;)

How is everyone's micro-brewery local scene where they live? I am talking the places that are usually operating out of a small warehouse-like space in mostly industrial districts?

Sacramento happens to have a ton of these and the beer is actually pretty damn good too, it's just that I don't bring it up a lot in here because the chance of this stuff making it to where any of you live any time soon is low.

If anyone is ever out in this area, I would have such sights to show you (As Pinhead from Hellraiser would say!)

Staying true to North Carolina, an enjoyable summer faire brew is "Mama's Little Yella Pils" by Oskar Blues Brewary, manu: Brevard - NC.

And the first thing you notice is that this pilsner pops with some hops. I think ultimately the first sip of the first beer really hits on that spectrum of the palate, but over the long haul it really becomes a subdued hint that still offers a necessary element even after you've been acclimated. 

Meaning, you need some "beef" to the drink, or else you run the risk of just petering out, becoming bland. This one staves that off. 

There's some complexity to this pils. And even though the brewery themselves notes influences from the grandmasters of pilsner in the Czech Republic, this thing really hits as North American, US, particularly with pre-scent smell and the after finish evaporation from the tongue. 

There isn't the traditional sweet or honey/sugar finish. Uh, so most of the hipster yobs can't complain about their beer tasting like lucky charms. Yet it still remains light and accessible. 

At first I didn't think this was even properly classified as a pilsner. Apparently, in reading up on it, pale malt is a huge portion of the ingredients ratio. However that effects things in the grand scheme, there you go. 

So, it's unique. 

Simply, you can down this guy all night and yet not feel like you're just ingesting gallons of water. Additionally, the basis of beer, the water, does matter. The Brevard, NC brewery is located in western NC, just adjacent from the Pisgah National Forest, of the larger Nantahala National Forest, the largest of the NC national forests. 

Brevard, south of Asheville, is a place still in reverence of nature. And that is imparted in the totality of the beer. 

And maybe it's just 2014, but this one is easily my "beer of the summer" ... so far. 

Edited by Monk4thaHALL

I got MORE Dead Rise and MORE Sam Adams Double Bock. I'm such a fanboy of both beers. The Double Bock is an old friend on clearance, and the Dead Rise, I'm sorry, I love this stuff. Knew it was going to happen, because I've used Old Bay on almost everything I grill, including vegetables, for a few years now.

Second reason I'm stocking up on Dead Rise is because it's a Summer Seasonal, and stupidly popular right now. Don't want it to disappear again, so I might as well rack up on it and pick at it through the fall/winter/spring. Have around a case right now. Sorry for hogging.

I'm taking stock of my beers today, will post the numbers here.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Guess more Dead Rise has been drank here than I thought, need to get some more! :ols:

10011695_10154289773270290_8232865211787

(From left to right)

1 Leinienkugel's Honey Weiss

1 Dogfish Head Midas Touch (5 years old)

1 Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro

6 Samuel Adams Double Bocks

1 Shock Top Lemon Shandy

1 Heavy Seas Loose Cannon IPA

1 Third Shift Amber Lager

2 Blue Moon Summer Honey Wheats

14 Flying Dog Dead Rises

3 Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPAs

6 Yuenglings

1 Dominion Morning Glory Espresso Stout

1 Dogfish Head Burton Baton (3 years old)

4 Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheats

1 Flying Dog The Fear Pumpkin Ale (2 1/2 years old)

1 Flying Dog Double Dog DPA (4 years old)

1 Flying Dog Doggie Style Pale Ale

How is everyone's micro-brewery local scene where they live? I am talking the places that are usually operating out of a small warehouse-like space in mostly industrial districts?

Sacramento happens to have a ton of these and the beer is actually pretty damn good too, it's just that I don't bring it up a lot in here because the chance of this stuff making it to where any of you live any time soon is low.

If anyone is ever out in this area, I would have such sights to show you (As Pinhead from Hellraiser would say!)

Its beginning to boom in the dc region... I could start typing now, but hell I would be here all day lol

This site is cool... look around the dc area.. there are a lot

http://www.vabeertrail.net/