Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Heavy Seas Dubbel Canon Belgian IPA

The ***** is hard to beat but this one is okay. It's no where near as hoppy which is why I like the biatch so much, overall it's pretty good though.

I think it would do well with crabs or steamed shrimp.

The Biznitch is the only Belgian IPA I've had, I'll add the Dubbel Cannon to my short list.

Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA

But I had one of these for the first time Wednesday night. AWESOME beer if you consider yourself a hophead.

I agree, didn't expect it to be as good as it is. Really damn good. Next weekend I'm getting my favorite summertime IPA, the DFH 60 Minute. Just amazing with Maryland Blue Crabs covered in Old Bay, dipped in melted butter. It's my go-to cookout beer altogether.

Thanks for the suggestions! Do you have any recommendations for anything else besides Sam Adams? I'd like to send him something he's never tried before. He also likes dark beers in general and he's really not too picky, so anything you think is good will probably suit just fine.

Arrogant **** or Double **** from Stone brewery are good gifts. .....he might get a kick out of it.

if ya can find it Trappistes Rochefort is a very good experience

Next weekend I'm getting my favorite summertime IPA, the DFH 60 Minute. Just amazing with Maryland Blue Crabs covered in Old Bay, dipped in melted butter. It's my go-to cookout beer altogether.

All I can say is:

:cloud9:

Pure win.

Sitting down with my favorite dinner beer; Samuel Adam's Boston Lager draft.

Man, Boston Lager draft might be the best "macrobrew" out there.

if ya can find it Trappistes Rochefort is a very good experience

Trappistes Rochefort is the BEST period and the number 6 is simply nectar from God! Best beer I've ever had. :cloud9: It's a very hard to find beer but I'm extra-ordinarily lucky that I have a store that carries it on a regular basis.

---------- Post added June-25th-2011 at 07:22 AM ----------

Man, Boston Lager draft might be the best "macrobrew" out there.

Totally agree, and I'm glad that they've kept to their quality as they've grown, I think right now they are in between the micro and macrobrew status, and their Winter Lager is my absolute favorite seasonal.

I think right now they are in between the micro and macrobrew status, and their Winter Lager is my absolute favorite seasonal.

:cheers:

I absolutely agree with these two statements. Their Octoberfest seems to be the most popular seasonal in general, but I totally agree with you that the Winter Lager is something special.

One of my buddies is getting married in Boston in Sept. He's arranging a tour of the Sam Adams brewery for all of his groomsmen. Can't wait!

I did the Coors tour in Golden a few years back and they give you three free beverages from their bar at the end. I drank Coors Original and it was actually really good fresh from the brewery. If it tasted like that all the time I'd actually buy it. I'm hoping that the Sam Adams is nice and fresh as well.

:cheers:

I absolutely agree with these two statements. Their Octoberfest seems to be the most popular seasonal in general, but I totally agree with you that the Winter Lager is something special.

Yeah, the Octoberfest is definitely popular, but I don't "get it" like I get the Winter Lager, it seems too busy or something, and I'm sure as with all Sam's that it's true to the style, but it just seems to busy for me, first time I had a Winter Lager on draft my taste buds sang with joy. I'm still nursing my Winter Lager case that I picked up just before they stopped brewing for the season....:D

One of my buddies is getting married in Boston in Sept. He's arranging a tour of the Sam Adams brewery for all of his groomsmen. Can't wait!

Let him know that I'm willing to be your alternate...if...something...umm, unfortunate were to happen and you couldn't make it. :devil:

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions! I knew I could count on the Tailgate for some good info. I've got a lot to work with now. It'll actually be kind of fun for me to find these beers and figure out a way to get them shipped to him...

Edited by SuperSkinette

Friar Tuck

I was watching that version of Robin Hood a few weeks ago and it was during it that I came to the realization that he and I share a lot of things in common, to the point that I even had his picture as my profile pic on facebook. If it wasn't for being Catholic I could easily become a Trappiste monk.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

Spent the weekend in the pool and the beers of choice were:

1. Oskar Blues Mammas Little Yella Pils

2. Sierra Nevada Summerfest 2011

Very similar with the Summerfest being a bit more hoppy and the Mammas a bit more malty. Outstanding summer session beers IMO. Cant beat floating aroudn in a pool with one of those beers.

buffalo-sweat.preview.jpg

I tried the stout, Buffalo Sweat, at the Nova Brewfest. I really liked this beer. To me, it's got a unique, distinct flavor. It has a malty feel, w/ hints of coffee, chocolate and cream. But to me, it wasn't overpowering. It hits the right balance. Smooth finish. Really drinkable, especially for a stout.

Stout in a can, Buffalo Sweat, woo doggy! The most common sweet stout around here is the Wild Goose Oatmeal Stout, I happen to be getting 'er this weekend. It's the go-to beer when I cook something huge. Steak/60 minute IPA on Friday...Spare ribs/Wild Goose on Saturday. The goal is to also get a couple 120 Minute IPAs as well. On Friday I want to compare the 60, 90 and 120. Opening one of each beer at the same time. The other 120 will be put in the cellar.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I can't wait to be back in the DC area to finally have this again. I've had it once last summer but never since then.

Dude, that's been my go-to beer all summer! I just stocked up on some of it from Total Wine last weekend. That's an awesome beer if you're serious about your hops!!

Dude, that's been my go-to beer all summer! I just stocked up on some of it from Total Wine last weekend. That's an awesome beer if you're serious about your hops!!

I had one last night and man is it hoppy...not for the feint of heart coming in at a whopping 64 IBUs it is a hop monster but balanced out pretty well with an OG of 1.076 (thats alot of sugar from a huge malt bill).

I had one last night and man is it hoppy...not for the feint of heart coming in at a whopping 64 IBUs it is a hop monster but balanced out pretty well with an OG of 1.076 (thats alot of sugar from a huge malt bill).

64 IBUs? In San Diego we call that a malt bomb.

If you've ever seen the movie Beerfest, the first time I drank a Lil Sumpin' Sumpin' was like that scene when they drink that old German recipe for the first time.

"I wish it were winter so we could freeze it into ice blocks and skate on it and melt it in the spring time and drink it!"