Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it fair to say...."NFC East" is overrated?

NoCalMike

With the execption of the Giants, who right now are basically showing all the doubters that they are THAT GOOD.

I don't think the Cowboys, Eagles, or Redskins suck, or are bad teams, but do any of these three teams look right now like they have a chance to go deep in the playoffs?

All the talk of "3 teams from the NFC East are going to the playoffs" seems awfully premature now.

With the execption of the Giants, who right now are basically showing all the doubters that they are THAT GOOD.

I don't think the Cowboys, Eagles, or Redskins suck, or are bad teams, but do any of these three teams look right now like they have a chance to go deep in the playoffs?

All the talk of "3 teams from the NFC East are going to the playoffs" seems awfully premature now.

I think they're all good teams and tonight proved it to me. It was a very close game and a play here or there and the outcome of the game is different.

Giants are on another level at this point.

Is it fair to say in division rivalries aren't really a good barometer?

Eagles suck. Come on Ken. You love it. Lets just part our own ways and let me sulk in the corner. In last place. Cold, alone, dark last place.

I guess. I think the division rivalries are what it is all about. I don't think the Eagles are a bad team at all. They had 8 sacks today.

I just didn't understand why their offense wasn't clicking more.

The Season isn't over for you.

I guess. I think the division rivalries are what it is all about. I don't think the Eagles are a bad team at all. They had 8 sacks today.

I just didn't understand why their offense wasn't clicking more.

The Season isn't over for you.

It is over. I watched a game with the girl, who was cute, and we listened to bad music while I barely paid attention.

Oh yeah, she was cute. :D Reid can't **** that up for me.

Well now that the Eagles went out and tied they screwed themselves, but, as a Redskins fan it kills me to say this, but right now I have to give the edge to the Cowboys getting in over the Redskins because the Cowboys at least seem to go out and perform somewhat well against the poor teams.

The Redskins have let every team hang in there making every game come down to one bad play/one good play.

Well now that the Eagles went out and tied they screwed themselves, but, as a Redskins fan it kills me to say this, but right now I have to give the edge to the Cowboys getting in over the Redskins because the Cowboys at least seem to go out and perform somewhat well against the poor teams.

The Redskins have let every team hang in there making every game come down to one bad play/one good play.

Looking at our remaining schedule, I see four wins there; I look at Dallas's and I only see three. The only one we SHOULD win that concerns me is next week's game because we rarely play good IN Seattle. Seriously, they have to play NYG, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore. I'm not giving them the edge on anything. Except their ablility to lose in the first round should they make it in.

I'm thinking the Giants have peaked too soon...

Jesus, it's always something isn't it? The Giants are overrated. The Giants haven't played anybody. The Giants will show their true colors against the tough part of their schedule coming up. Anybody not sold on the Giants yet?

Now... The Giants have peaked too soon. LOL.

Overrated in terms of the hype the teams received, yes. The division still have three good teams and one great team. However, the pukes are not nearly as good as the SB hype they received. The skins Oline got old fast and now is no longer a lock for the playoffs. The Birds are not bad, just not as good as they once were.

What sets the Giants apart from the others is a couple of things:

1. It starts with their FO. Just look at the draft picks and acquisitions. Getting a 2nd round pick for Shockey was magic. Replacing him with less expensive non-headache players priceless. All those Dline and Oline players drafted that are dominating, IMHO, is the difference between good and great.

2. Their Oline has dominated. Eli is Eli. Not elite, but manages the game. Put him behind the skins Oline and he struggles. Good RB's, but not great, that look great behind a dominating Oline.

3. One PB WR and a couple decent ones.

4. Very good defense that is great up front.

People say the Giants have peeked. I disagree because of the play of their lines. Unless they suffer injuries they will continue to dominate. That said, Eli can be inconsistent. The Giants are not NE of last year where a team needed to play their best game and get a couple of breaks to beat them.

If Eli has an off game and a team brings it the Giants can be beaten. Just look at their one loss and hope that happens in the playoffs.

I don't think you can ever really answer this kind of question until after the season is over but at this stage of the season, I'd have to say no. The NFC is not over rated. In fact, I'd say we are the best division in football.

We have the best record.

The NFC East is 26-13-1. That's slightly better then the NFC South which is 26-14. If Filthy could only have beaten Cincy yesterday, we would be a full game better but no. Same old Eagles unfortunatly. Next best is AFC East which is 24-15, also very good.

Only the NFC East and the AFC East have no teams with a losing record. All are above .500.

We are also 19-6-1 outside of our division. The NFC South is 20-8 but they have played one more game then we have and they don't have Philly in there division so.......

Offensively, NY is ranked 4th, Philly is ranked 6th, Dallas is ranked 11th and the Skinz are ranked 13th. Figure if Romo sits to pee doesn't miss games, Cowboys are probably top 10 offensively as well.

Defensively, NY is 2nd, Skinz are 4th, Philly is 7th and Dallas is 9th. All four teams in the division are ranked in the top 10 defensively.

In short, no. We are not overrated. We are the best division in football and unfortunatly, two teams are probably not going to go to the playoffs but they may well deserve to go. It's tough but that's how it is in the East.

Overrated in terms of the hype the teams received, yes. The division still have three good teams and one great team. However, the pukes are not nearly as good as the SB hype they received. The skins Oline got old fast and now is no longer a lock for the playoffs. The Birds are not bad, just not as good as they once were.

What sets the Giants apart from the others is a couple of things:

1. It starts with their FO. Just look at the draft picks and acquisitions. Getting a 2nd round pick for Shockey was magic. Replacing him with less expensive non-headache players priceless. All those Dline and Oline players drafted that are dominating, IMHO, is the difference between good and great.

2. Their Oline has dominated. Eli is Eli. Not elite, but manages the game. Put him behind the skins Oline and he struggles. Good RB's, but not great, that look great behind a dominating Oline.

3. One PB WR and a couple decent ones.

4. Very good defense that is great up front.

People say the Giants have peeked. I disagree because of the play of their lines. Unless they suffer injuries they will continue to dominate. That said, Eli can be inconsistent. The Giants are not NE of last year where a team needed to play their best game and get a couple of breaks to beat them.

If Eli has an off game and a team brings it the Giants can be beaten. Just look at their one loss and hope that happens in the playoffs.

Put Eli in front of your offensive line, I think he'd be pretty darn good. What's wrong with your offensive line exactly?

I don't think much has changed in our front office, but the coaching has been outstanding. I liked Jim Fassel, and I wish him the best, but Coughlin has put his stamp on this team, and it shows through and through.

Put Eli in front of your offensive line, I think he'd be pretty darn good. What's wrong with your offensive line exactly?

I don't think much has changed in our front office, but the coaching has been outstanding. I liked Jim Fassel, and I wish him the best, but Coughlin has put his stamp on this team, and it shows through and through.

A lot of things are wrong with Washington's o-line. The fact that these guys are old and injury prone is a lesser issue that could be pointed to.

The bigger issue is that the guys aren't good a pass protection. And they never have been really. You can look all the way back to Spurrier's tenure with the team and note the struggles that the core of Samuels, Jansen, and Thomas have had in pass protection. Many blame Spurrier's system for ruining Ramsey. And while that is certainly fair, at least in part, some blame also rests on these guys. While Patrick was getting killed these guys never seemed to be able to step up.

A similar observation of their performance can be made during Gibbs' tenure as well. Fans often wondered why Joe stuck with max protection schemes and "unimaginitive" grind-it-out game plans. Once again I think you can, at least in part, point to the short commings of this core in pass protection. However, it has to be noted that Brunell didn't help things with his own limitations.

Its never easy to place blame on one person, or unit, on a team sport. But I do think its pretty easy to say that there are some warts on this offensive line. Becasue its a great run blocking line the team has chosen to live with these warts.

Anyway, I do think its fair to say that Eli, and many other QBs, would have some issues behind these guys. Would Eli still be a good QB? Maybe....but thats the best I can say to that.

Archived