Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it fair to say...."NFC East" is overrated?

NoCalMike

I don't think much has changed in our front office, but the coaching has been outstanding. I liked Jim Fassel, and I wish him the best, but Coughlin has put his stamp on this team, and it shows through and through.
You don't think much has changed in the Giants' front office? Amani Toomer is the only player left on the team from before Jerry Reese became director of player personnel in 2003. The Giants have the best OL in football, and arguably(even without Osi) the best DL as well. A lot of coaches would be very successful with the talent the Giants have assembled over the last 5 years.

You don't think much has changed in the Giants' front office? Amani Toomer is the only player left on the team from before Jerry Reese became director of player personnel in 2003. The Giants have the best OL in football, and arguably(even without Osi) the best DL as well. A lot of coaches would be very successful with the talent the Giants have assembled over the last 5 years.

Joe, I didn't know when Reese started as director of player personnel, but half of that offensive line was brought in under Ernie Accorsie. The bottom line, what Coughlin and the coaching staff did with them, is one heck of a coaching job.

And while Reese has made some excellent moves, Coughlin has been the one who has turned this team into one of the most disciplined teams in the NFL. And to me, the reason why we have such quality depth, is because our coaching staff prepares everyone so well.

I liked Jim Fassel when he was coach, but boy, is there a difference between the 2. Coughlin just seems so hands on with every aspect of the game. I gotta tip my hat.

The Giants are going to stumble one or two times over the next four weeks. I think it is too much to expect them to play well week after week with the schedule they have. They have to go to Arizona this week which is a tough place to play. And after that, they have all 3 NFC East teams in a row. I am expecting two losses in the next four weeks.

And Brandon Jacobs' availability and health are in question right now.

Its never easy to place blame on one person, or unit, on a team sport. But I do think its pretty easy to say that there are some warts on this offensive line. Becasue its a great run blocking line the team has chosen to live with these warts.

Anyway, I do think its fair to say that Eli, and many other QBs, would have some issues behind these guys. Would Eli still be a good QB? Maybe....but thats the best I can say to that.

Couple of things here. I didn't really think that Campbell was struggling that much. Dallas' defense is still one of the better D's in the league, especially with Newman back, so I wouldn't judge Campbell on that performance alone. He's played well this year, hasn't he?

Same goes for your offensive line. Still pretty tough, and again, Dallas' D-line is an excellent pass rushing defense.

The Giants offensive line isn't nearly as good a pass blocking O-line as it is run blocking. I think Manning gets rid of the ball very quickly which helps, but our o-line is suseptible to good pass rushing teams.

;5831898']The Giants are going to stumble one or two times over the next four weeks. I think it is too much to expect them to play well week after week with the schedule they have. They have to go to Arizona this week which is a tough place to play. And after that' date=' they have all 3 NFC East teams in a row. I am expecting two losses in the next four weeks.

And Brandon Jacobs' availability and health are in question right now.[/quote']

Tom, stop playing the cautious pessimist...:cheers:

With the execption of the Giants, who right now are basically showing all the doubters that they are THAT GOOD.

I don't think the Cowboys, Eagles, or Redskins suck, or are bad teams, but do any of these three teams look right now like they have a chance to go deep in the playoffs?

All the talk of "3 teams from the NFC East are going to the playoffs" seems awfully premature now.

Hmmmm Something tells me you'd have a different opinion if the Skins had won Sunday Night.:rolleyes:

Archived