Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Primerica

footballhenry

So I've been looking for some good opportunities and lo and behold a good friend calls me up about this opportunity with Primerica. Basically I just want to know if anyone here at ES has either dealt with them directly or perhaps even supplemented an income by working with them. They seem legit and good-natured, and even realistic as the income potential isn't some 'get rich quick' scheme. Still, I figured maybe a couple here might have had direct personal experience with them that could serve to help in my decision-making. Thanks in advance.

www.primerica.com

So I've been looking for some good opportunities and lo and behold a good friend calls me up about this opportunity with Primerica. Basically I just want to know if anyone here at ES has either dealt with them directly or perhaps even supplemented an income by working with them. They seem legit and good-natured, and even realistic as the income potential isn't some 'get rich quick' scheme. Still, I figured maybe a couple here might have had direct personal experience with them that could serve to help in my decision-making. Thanks in advance.

www.primerica.com

This isnt a scam but and I have very good knowledge of them. They are an ARM of Citi former CITIGROUP. What seems very easy is actually very difficult and in this economy borderline impossible. If your friend offered you a chance he is making money off what you make.. IT IS A PYRAMID SCHEME. They will offer you training for mortgages and financial advisorship. You will have to figure out how to become a mortgage broker and a financial advisor on your own, as well as produce your own leads. I can tell you from first hand experience in this economy its almost impossible. The higher managers who got in early make good money. My advice unless you ahve a book of b usiness stat away

A friend of mine tried to get me to join in college. To me it was a cult situation. I went into the first meeting and they had tapes on, I swear the people on the tapes were acting like they were at church. Then when the meeting started, the samething. They were preaching about how they made X amount of dollars and so on.

DON'T DO IT!!!!

I know someone that worked with them about 10 years ago and it didn't work out at all. No doubt that some people can make it work but there were plenty of lies and deception at the outset.

My friend stayed with them for just a couple of months and came away empty-handed. I went to one of their "rallies" (seminars) and wasn't all that impressed.

A friend of mine tried to get me to join in college. To me it was a cult situation. I went into the first meeting and they had tapes on, I swear the people on the tapes were acting like they were at church. Then when the meeting started, the samething. They were preaching about how they made X amount of dollars and so on.

DON'T DO IT!!!!

any company that does group interviews with video tapes scares the hell outta me

any company that does group interviews with video tapes scares the hell outta me

I swear dude I thought I was at a sermon. That was the main reason I told my friend that I couldn't join them because they were acting like it was church. She was like whats wrong with that? UHH, It's not a church!

i thought about it but then i did some research and found out one important detail that instantly turned me away from the idea: PYRAMID SCHEME

YEP, same with me. Back in like '98, me and two buddies went out to a Primerica location, and the person were talking to started talking about all of this money and this and that. And she'd randomly ask one of her collegues what it is that they were about to do, and they'd say something like "I'm on my way to pick up the wife and kids to go on a cruise". But when they lady laid it out, and started talking about that pyramid scheme, I was not feeling it.....

YEP, same with me. Back in like '98, me and two buddies went out to a Primerica location, and the person were talking to started talking about all of this money and this and that. And she'd randomly ask one of her collegues what it is that they were about to do, and they'd say something like "I'm on my way to pick up the wife and kids to go on a cruise". But when they lady laid it out, and started talking about that pyramid scheme, I was not feeling it.....

LOL man that happened to me too. Then people would be in there with 3 piece suits on and nice fancy cars. Little did we know they lived with their mommas!

The way it works is you get as many people as you know to try and consolidate their debts with Primerica. That is what happens during your "training" phase, and if you generate enough leads, then thy will hire you on to continue. From there you will go back to all those people you consolidated their debts for and try and get them to buy some other Citi group "product" like life, home or aut insurance, mortgages etc.

You do not end up becoming a finacial advisor, because they technically have to be impartial and will sell you "products" from any finacial institution to best suit your needs. Primerica only sells Citi products and you are essentially their salesman. Citi group is huge so they do offer a wide range of "products" but this does not mean that you will be able to give your customers exactly what they need.

Whoever brought you in makes a % off you, and their supervisor makes a % off them etc etc jsut like a pyramid scam. If you start doing well then you can train others and get a % of what they sell. Their main pitch is scaring people about how little they will have for retirement and how working with them can generate the extra income they will need to retire on their own terms.

What made me laugh when I was at a meeting was the one guy kept on saying "there is money in money, look at all the nice buildings downtown, they are all finiacial companies" and I thought to myself, oh yeah? then what the hell are we doing in small 2nd floor walk up office above a massage parlour and next to a Dairy Queen?

But when they lady laid it out, and started talking about that pyramid scheme, I was not feeling it.....

man this quote just made me LOL pretty hard. i dont know why, guess it was just the way you typed it...serioulsy though its a damn pyramid scheme. get a real job and stay away from this garbage :2cents:

Haha, thanks for the advice friends. It definitely sounds like a pretty unanimous response. I kind of had a feeling along the lines expressed in this thread so far. I don't think I'm going to go for it just because I feel like I can create something better for myself. Thanks for all the feedback. :cheers:

What made me laugh when I was at a meeting was the one guy kept on saying "there is money in money, look at all the nice buildings downtown, they are all finiacial companies" and I thought to myself, oh yeah? then what the hell are we doing in small 2nd floor walk up office above a massage parlour and next to a Dairy Queen?

:rotflmao:

• 8 months later...

Decided to dig this old thread up because my wife just interviewed with Primerica. What I dont understand is how people think this is really a pyramid scam? The people at the top do make money of the people at the bottom but not because the people at the bottom invest their own money. They get paid by the companies that the people at the bottom get clients to switch to. If the company did not add another person, it would still be profitable. According to wikipedia, the company got top ratings from BBB plus a number of other recognitions. The only up front cost is the $99 to get your series 6 license. Other than that, its all about recruiting. You try to show people where they can save money in their lives. They either take it or they dont. Whats the problem?

Just some additional information. Im not recommending she takes this as her primary job. Im recommending she works a full time job and does this on the side. If it gets to a point where she can easily sustain just this job, then that is a different story. I dont believe putting all of our eggs in one basket especially one that is not guaranteed income! The girl that recruited her though showed us her plan that was created by the company when she started so that she can retire at 40. She needs to bank $6k a month and she has actually been doing it full time working there. I dont even make that much a month so being able to save that much would be ridiculous for me. Could she have been lying? Possibly. At the same time, I see no risk to trying the company out part time around a full time job to see how things go.

This reminds me of how people looked at Cutco. I worked at Cutco and heard tons and tons of complaints about how the company was a scam. I worked one summer with them selling knives. I worked less than 40 hours the entire summer and made $6000. Its all about your motivation level and your salesmenship. People that know wealthier people have a leg up but everyone I know is poor and I still made that much. All the negative reviews come from people who tried and failed and when they do that they start screaming scam. Its ridiculous. I know the company had some misleading techniques. I didnt use them though and still had no problem selling. I set the district record for most consecutive sales from the day I started and like I said these were all lower middle class families. I went to one wealthy person and sold him $2000 in knives and made 25% commission.

So what do others think? Anyone with positive experiences? Anyone have some real hard facts as to why this is a bad idea (especially the way I am recommending she does it)?

DON'T DO IT!!!!

I remember while living in Charlotte, some insurance company recruited me. It felt like a church and I eventually told them I wasn't going to join them.

That could've been the company.

Archived