Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Los seems to not be in favor of D. Hall

Mothmonsterman

Sounds like Carlos has been listening to his own hype as of late and doesn't want the competition. The Monday Night crew was singing his praises early on and it seems like he's eating it up. He wants to be THE guy back there and adding an All-Pro hampers that. It won't keep him from working hard but I think it will eat at him for a bit.

Adding an All-Pro CB may hamper Rogers' ability to be THE GUY, so what does that have to do with the signing of D.Hall?

Rogers is probably just shocked of this move, since ON PAPER, our DB corps is one of, if not the strongest in the league. We have two #1 CBs and a really good #2. Add the fact that he is so close with Springs and especially Smoot, it is very understandable that he wasn't jumping for joy about the Hall signing.

Personally though, I love it. Now we don't have to rely on Springs to stay healthhy (or force him to play injured). Springs will be healthier by the end of the year and we can have many formations where all 4 of them are involved, such as having Springs move over to one of the three safety spots in our "cobra" package.

I think the rewards far outweight the risks. The best thing that can happen is that Hall gets coached up, plays to his potential, and teaches the rest of our secondary (except for Horton) how to hold on to an INT. Hell, I am positive just his presence (and making INTs) at practive will help Carlos(and Smoot and Landry as well) in improving on holding on to the ball.

Worst case scenario? He is our #4 CB, allowing Torrence more time to slowly develop and become a better CB (whom is a pretty damn good #3, BTW) and we let him go at the end of the season without losing a "homegrown" talent or great player.

IMO though, coming back home (and being a Redskins fan), Hall is going to become the player(at least somewhat) that he has the ability to be, we have the best CB duo(and trio) in the league for coming years, and have one less big hole in which we need to address in the offseason via draft or whatever.

BTW, IMO Hall choosing us over teams like Pittsburgh, New England is a great sign. Besides, most players would be more motivated to play better at their hometown (J.Cribbs tried, and we made Leftwich look like a HOF'er the 2 times he played against us).

I don't know but my dream outcome out of all of this would be...

Having Carlos and Hall as #1 and 2

Smoot is the nickel

Springs at safety

Hall would have to prove himself of course but the way skins are using their safeties in cover 3, Springs would be a great asset at that postion.

This also allows the skins to concentrate on getting some LBs/ Oline and Dline players here next year.

I don't know but my dream outcome out of all of this would be...

Having Carlos and Hall as #1 and 2

Smoot is the nickel

Springs at safety

Hall would have to prove himself of course but the way skins are using their safeties in cover 3' date=' Springs would be a great asset at that postion.

This also allows the skins to concentrate on getting some LBs/ Oline and Dline players here next year.[/quote']

Springs at safety? over Horton?

na

Springs at safety? over Horton?

na

No, the skins have this 3 safety package and Springs would fit right into it with horton and landry. I love players that can play two postions like Springs. Switching him over will also keep the guy fresh for an entire year.

I didn't hear anything wrong in what he said. He didn't sound upset or offended or scared. He looked at it as a numbers game. Four quality corners, two spots on the field, sometimes three, and rarely four. How will it play out? What are the coaches' plans? It makes sense to wonder about that.

Nothing wrong with what he said, except, as Califan said, it probably should have been with the team, not the press.

I was somewhat against the signing, but now it's time to accept that he's here and cheer for him like you would every other Redskin.

That said, I really think Springs is the one who needs to be threatened here. If Hall gets the job done, Springs will be replaced.

He mentioned there wouldn't be any room. WTF, when was the last game Springs finished? You would think Carlos would realize that with 2 corners hurting (Springs, Smoot) there just might be a need at CB.

He's just thinking of how the situation would be if they're all healthy.

You guys are idiots, if you took the time to actually hear the audio it sounds nothing like it does on paper, in fact It seems like it is paraphrased incorrectly.

It sounds just like it was written dum dum.

Maybe if Carlos could catch a ball, we wouldn't be looking into it... maybe he sees it as a referendum on his play. Yes, he's playing on a much higher level than he has ever before, but he's still not that electric game changer the danny covets... like Hall has the potential of being.

How many people are going to be pissed if we let Carlos walk and sign Hall to a massive contract? I don't see how we keep both. That's ALOT of money all wrapped up in two corners once Springs is gone.

Maybe if Carlos could catch a ball, we wouldn't be looking into it... maybe he sees it as a referendum on his play. Yes, he's playing on a much higher level than he has ever before, but he's still not that electric game changer the danny covets... like Hall has the potential of being.

How many people are going to be pissed if we let Carlos walk and sign Hall to a massive contract? I don't see how we keep both. That's ALOT of money all wrapped up in two corners once Springs is gone.

What?? Where did that come from? When was the first middle or last time the Redskins were afraid to spend money? Where in the world did you get the idea that they will keep Hall and let Carlos go? What are you talking about?

Archived