Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Los seems to not be in favor of D. Hall

Mothmonsterman

You Carlos haterz need to watch Comcast sportsnet instead of just reading text.

Carlos wasn't hating and its funny how you Maddenites always does the grass is greener for players who haven't done jack S*** for the skins then want to run Vinny out of town when he does something similarly stupid that you guys clamor for.

And when was Hall a probowl player?

Answer it doesn't friggin matter because he didn't do it as a Redskin.

Horton has just as many Ints as Hall but horton is not pro bowl calibre yet.

Hall needs instruction from Coach Gray on how to play the position so he isn't burnt like toast as we see on those youtube and google videos.

of course he would hate.. what crosses ur mind when a guy like hall comes in.. ohoh. i might lose my job... probowl two time. runs a 4.3. can catch the ball.. but cant taackle like rogers tho.. just like our d-line they will rotate in and out. no need to hate carlos

everybody is questioning halls character and rogers goes and says that. It seems to me he might be the one who character needs to be watched. Its supposed to be about making the team better aint it. springs is injured all the time, torrence gets beat, and rogers you cant catch the ball. Smoot is a good nickel corner but he dont need to be 1 or 2 rogers needs to realize that, so what if one of your friends in the secondary loses a spot the team just got better so stop hating on d hall just catch the dam ball

You Carlos haterz need to watch Comcast sportsnet instead of just reading text.

Carlos wasn't hating and its funny how you Maddenites always does the grass is greener for players who haven't done jack S*** for the skins then want to run Vinny out of town when he does something similarly stupid that you guys clamor for.

And when was Hall a probowl player?

Answer it doesn't friggin matter because he didn't do it as a Redskin.

Horton has just as many Ints as Hall but horton is not pro bowl calibre yet.

Hall needs instruction from Coach Gray on how to play the position so he isn't burnt like toast as we see on those youtube and google videos.

NAVYDAVE

if you used to be a democrat it seems like you made a mistake when you left and supported your failing going out of business republican party

First, he has a minimum contract for only the remainder of the season, so he's basically a fall intern. I personally like the fact he's a former pro-bowl CB playing for a contract. He's going to behave himself and I imagine he'll do everything he can to endear himself in the locker room.

I think he was more worried about his boy Springs. And whether or not Shawn will be back next year.

This could be true. Or Smoot. You have Landry and Horton penciled in at starting safties, (when healthy) Springs and Rogers at CB, Smoot as the nickle, and then how does Hall fit in? If Springs is out, it all makes sense, but if he's back, then somebody is the 4th CB, and won't see the field. He's QUESTIONING how it might all work out.

i can see why he'd be upset. Our secondary, though a bit banged has played extremely well this season. Also Rogers, Smoot and Springs are very close as a unit. Along comes a young ****y cornerback, which might break up some chemistry... Rogers isn't crying, but alittle confused and maybe a bit worried about his boys... I mean i dont see hall being the fourth corner on the team..

But that's exactly what he's going to be. He wasn't signed to replace Springs, Rogers or Smoot. He was signed to replace Leigh Torence. And I can't say how happy I am to see that. Leigh Torence directly cost us a game, and he's just generally terrible.

the only player who needs to feel threatened is springs

By a guy who only has a contract through the end of the year? Call me when Hall gets a new contract. Until then, this is completely temorary.

btw, the only person who needs to be worried is Leigh Torrence. Who will no longer see the field of play, making Voice_of_Reason a very very happy guy.

:doh:

Just listened to the audio. You guys have got to be kidding me on how you have interpreted his response to a question that you did not hear.

Seriously. He was raising some questions that I think a lot of peope on this board would raise.

So I'm a manager at a consulting firm, and my group brought in another manager from outside the organization at my level to manage part of our group. I immediately had questions as to how it would effect me, my job, possible promotion, etc. It's natural to have those questions. Turns out he was a temporary fix, and was gone in 3 months, so I didn't have to worry long.

Bye Bye Leigh Torrence...remember the Rams game?

qft. Hall >>>>>>>>> Torrence. And that's why he was signed.

shutup and catch the damn ball.

As much as I think Rogers has gotten a raw deal from fans at times, this is something I can get behind.

1) Unless Springs will work with the team, they can't keep him on the books at his salary for next year

2) If Springs signs, it's likely that he will transition to safety because of his age

3) If Springs leaves or moves to safety, then we will need another starting caliber corner - Torrence and Tryon don't count until they prove themselves on the field

4) Hall is coming without any strings attached (ie. he can be cut on a whim)

5) None of our corners are "ball hawks" - they are good cover guys, but don't come up with TOs. This fact has really hurt us over the past 5 years. DHall is a ball hawk, and can add some game changing plays...

http://comcastsportsnet.tv/common/global_flash/player/spe.swf?flv=vidcast_3142&sid=102&d=comcastsportsnet.tv

is it just me or does he seem like he doesn't want Hall here?

Maybe he just doesn't like the idea of competition. Especially in the INT dept.

paraphrased quote:

"You're looking at guys that have been starters since they came in the league such as me, Smoot, him and Shawn... If you play regular thats two corners, you play nickel thats three, and then you've got other packages where the fourth corner is out there... you don't play those packages often... so how this is going to play out, I don't know... you've got different attitudes in the back end too, so i mean there's a lot of things you think about when you sign a guy like that"

Los is good friends with Springs and Smoot. I think he's more worried about them.

:cheers:

Los is just a bit down after dropping that pick 6. We as fans have a responsiblity to keep his head up. Think of it like a slump. He's playing at a probowl level and has helped our team to a top 5 defense.

He need not worry about who D Hall will be covering. There's plenty to go around.

I'm thinking Los doesn't realize Springs will most likely not be back next year. This is the last year of his contract, he will not restructure it for less money, and his father is ill in Dalls where he is from. I have a feeling Jerry Jones is going to throw money at Springs, and Shawn will go to Dallas to be close to his father. It just makes sense to me. I think this situation is a tryout for Hall for next season if Springs decides to go that way. I think it's a good move by the front office to give us depth at CB for the rest of the season as well as maybe fill a possible hole next season for CHEAP. I think the FO has done good. Hopefully Hall can return to probowl form and acclimate himself with this team.

I am disappointed the team let go of Leigh Torrence though. He's a good young up and comming corner....and no, he did not single handedly lose us the Rams game. Anyone who says it is a ****ing moron. Turnovers and offense lost us that game. Leigh was in great position, the ball was underthrown, and the receiver made a good break on it. Not to mention Blache stating it was a safety who ****ed up on the blitz and took the wrong gap which gave Bulger the time to throw. Leigh was also a solid ST player and a solid nickelback. Why Tryon wasn't put on the PS knowing nobody would pick him up is beyond my mind. Now if 2 CBs get somehow get injured, we will have to rely on Tryon instead of Torrence. Mindboggling.

Archived