Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Disgruntled Cancer from Oakland

ZRagone

difference between those teams and here is that we have tons of leadership that he cannot mess with. If he crosses Fletcher, Griffin, Springs, etc..., he's gonna have the whole tema to mess with. Not to mention that while Zorn seems a little more "fun" than Gibbs, his disciplinary level is still just as high.

Also, he's home now. Not sure if he grew up a Redskins fan, but it seems like he wanted to play here. I hope he can turn it around and that we can keep him. It will also change around our whole draft strategy as a Hall/Rogers combo can do well for a good 3-5 seasons at least.

I think Williams is at the point that he has seen what happened to other players. If he wants a big payday next year, he has to be on his best behavior. If he doesn't, then he is a dumbass and it's only costing us 400k this year. My guess is that he will be a punt returner and nickle back for the rest of the year. He has a chance to prove himself and it's really all up to him.

If he doesn't behave in the locker room, then it will be time for Jack Nicholson to be on the stand telling us we can't handle the truth.

Who's Williams?

There's no comparison between Hall and Randy Moss. Moss looked like a HOF player pretty much from the moment he stepped on an NFL field. He may have been let go from the Vikings, but it wasn't due to performance. Hall, on the other hand, was getting abused even before he went to Oakland. And then it continued once he joined the Raiders. He got burned for a 37-yard TD just this week. There are legitimate concerns about Hall's ability. The only things that have ever slowed Randy Moss down on the field are injuries and Matt Cassell.

There's no comparison between Hall and Randy Moss. Moss looked like a HOF player pretty much from the moment he stepped on an NFL field. He may have been let go from the Vikings, but it wasn't due to performance. Hall, on the other hand, was getting abused even before he went to Oakland. And then it continued once he joined the Raiders. He got burned for a 37-yard TD just this week. There are legitimate concerns about Hall's ability. The only things that have ever slowed Randy Moss down on the field are injuries and Matt Cassell.

And his once crappy attitude. Don't forget that one. He's since shed that stigma but it was there.:2cents:

I don't understand teams these days.

Look, the guy is washed up. Yeah, he had some probowl caliber years. Yes, there was a time he was thought of as one of the go to guys for the position. But come on. In college he was thought of as having some definite character issues. There were some legitimate issues with his first team and all one has to do is look at his production and attitude in Oakland to see the issue there. The guy just isn't the same, he's washed up. I don't care that you're going to bring him into a good locker room. A locker room that's said to have a bunch of leaders and some of the best character in the game. Seriously, the guy sucked in oakland and has a bad attitude. He's washed up and he will never develop into a good player again no matter how good of a locker room he's in.

great post

What? DeAngelo Hall?

Whose talking about DeAngelo Hall?

I'm talking about Randy Moss.

Just something to think about before you declare the Hall move a mistake.

How do you figure? DeAngelo Hall is even younger than Rany Moss was when he left Oakland for the Patriots, leading to an even more likely change that his skills haven't diminished to the point where he's "washed up" like some thought Moss was.

Yeah, but that's the point. Who would ever consider DeAngelo Hall washed up at 24?

The only similarity between the two, in my mind, is the similar potential for character problems down the road. Of course, at 24, he still has room to mature. ST sure did. I'm not convinced that Moss has changed...he's just on a winning franchise now, and winning cures everything.

Let's all relax and realize this is Oakland we are talking about.

Randy Moss disappeared here for 2-3 years and came back last year to score 23 touchdowns.

NOBODY wants to be in Oakland. If you took a poll, all 53 players would like to be somewhere else.

So, I am not going to judge Hall in 2008 based on an evaluation from the Raiders :)

With Springs injury prone and Leigh Torrence an overmatched player as the #4 corner, the Redskins did the right thing.

Let Hall prove himself over the next 7 games with little risk to Washington.

This is the kind of move Bobby Beathard would have made.

A reasonable risk :)

Being from Atlanta, I thought that Hall was originally a good draft, had some good seasons, and then started to have issues when the Falcons did. Falcons purged almost every leader from the Vick era, Hall did not excel in Oakland but I think he will be a good pick up for us. First of all he needs to prove to the league that he can still play and co-exist in the locker room. This will keep him on best behavior and playing well. Also between Blanche, Jerry Gray and all the vets we have on the defense no way they will put up with any of Hall's antics.

I expect some Ints, good depth to the secondary, and an improvement to our overall defense.

Which is sorely needed until the offense gets fixed...

I think they might be looking at Hall as Spring's replacement *IF* things go well in the remaining season games. Hall wants to be here as he obviously could have gone to either Dallas or New England and start. It sounds like he is willing to return punts also. This good be a good move long term. We won't need to use a high level pick on a CB next draft and hopefully the OL, DL, LB positions will be deep.

4 1/2 years of expeience and he is only 24. There is no way he is washed up. Look at last year - the falcons coach quit on them and he spoke his mind. This year - the raiders suck. What are we waisting by signing him. We dont have to watch torrence get burnt anymore. Good job Vinny and Dan, No Landry can play center field.

This should be stickied.

I think it's fair to say none of us should say anything until there is something to say. Let's see what kind of guy he wants to be around here and then open our mouths. No need to judge quickly.

What have you done for me lately?

NFL.com :

In his eight games in Oakland, Hall was beaten 40 times for 552 yards on 66 passes thrown his way, according to data compiled by STATS. He gave up more yards than any defender this season and was tied for third worst in catches allowed.

This guy is an azzole and has the burden of proof

There's no reason to read beyond this.

:rotflmao: That was pretty funny. Still, those stats are eye-opening. I hope it truly is moreso that disaster of a franchise that is Oakland right now than him. But you gotta put quite an amount of blame on him too... noone should get owned like that, period.

This'll be interesting.

Archived