Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Angry, disgruntled, furious conservatives -- See me :).

Art

It doesn't have to be a Republican. It can be any candidate of any party. I'm not enthralled with Republicans generally, because they stand for so little you can clearly identify. They SAY they are for something similar to me, but don't adhere to it.

Friendly advise...

I cofounded the NCR PAC and the most important thing to remember is accounting. If you start to raise money in any way, make sure you have a great person in charge of the monies.

Here are some of the needs we had:

Well-rounded Grassroots Activists

Fundraisers

Database Engineers

Videographers

Writers and bloggers

Event Organizers

Web-developers and the Internet Savvy

Certainly. The progressive tax system is itself flawed and it is improper to place the burden of society's wishes on the wealthy who will largely not use those services while nearly 50 percent of society is not required to pay a dime in federal income taxes. You wish to fund these programs for these people? Start taxing them before reaching out to others.

No American should be allowed to skate free of federal income taxes. And no American should be required to pay more of their income than another. We're generally against income taxes at all though :).

ART, This is a brilliant post. :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::cheers:

What a colorful (and slightly dishonest) way to illustrate your position on progressive taxation.

The dishonesty exists solely in that we deem the person with the gun who steals from us as a criminal and more dangerous than the person who promises "95 percent" of the people money from the other 5 percent, when, in actuality the danger is that person making those promises to achieve power and authority.

The promises are seductive to be sure. So you counter them with equally stark images.

At approximately 4 p.m. one of the channels had a clip of a black woman nearly balling her eyes out about what a great day it was to have a black man who would likely win the presidency. Then she went on to say with Obama in the White House, she won't have to worry about filling her gas tank anymore, or paying her mortage because if she helps him -- to power -- he'll help her.

Such a speech would be seductive to those who are appalled by that thinking, which, largely would be the huge majority of the country. Obama has twisted JFK's famous line to mean, "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what your country can do for you." This is a dangerous place that requires some level of rebellion, however slight and insignifcant :).

So everyone who doesn't support Obama and the Dems policies is an angry white guy full of vitriol? Gotcha

It's just that the title of the thread is "Angry, disgruntled, furious conservatives." Of course, they don't necessarily have to be white, but really, I could probably name on one hand the conservatives who aren't white.

The notion that Obama's election will bring a radical shaking up of the U.S Tax Code for the unprecented fleecing of the wealthy is as much a fantasy as the notion held by the "black woman nearly balling her eyes out" that Obama will take care of her now. Equally baseless, misguided notions.

The dishonesty exists solely in that we deem the person with the gun who steals from us as a criminal and more dangerous than the person who promises "95 percent" of the people money from the other 5 percent, when, in actuality the danger is that person making those promises to achieve power and authority.

Equating progressive taxation with robbery seems dishonest.

The promises are seductive to be sure. So you counter them with equally stark images.

At approximately 4 p.m. one of the channels had a clip of a black woman nearly balling her eyes out about what a great day it was to have a black man who would likely win the presidency. Then she went on to say with Obama in the White House, she won't have to worry about filling her gas tank anymore, or paying her mortage because if she helps him -- to power -- he'll help her.

I am sure there are some blacks who think even crazier stuff about this. There are a lot of people saying a lot of stupid stuff out there. It may get your emotions flowing, but it doesn't really mean anything.

Such a speech would be seductive to those who are appalled by that thinking, which, largely would be the huge majority of the country. Obama has twisted JFK's famous line to mean, "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what your country can do for you." This is a dangerous place that requires some level of rebellion, however slight and insignifcant :).

Dignity and value of work has always been a cornerstone of Obama's plan.

it is improper to place the burden of society's wishes on the wealthy who will largely not use those services

This is where you lost me, I'm afraid. You do not realize how the wealthy benefit from the society at large I see. There would be no massing wealth in an anarchy. The very surroundings and system are how they benefited, not simply because they were smarter. You could be a genius in Russia and if you are not able to navigate the web of corruption you are not going anywhere. You can not make a mountain when you only have ant hills to contribute. Our higher education, our ability to enforce laws and keep our citizens safe, our infrastructure.. you think the Rich do not benefit from the road system? I wonder if the UPS CEO agrees with you. How many millionaires do you see coming out of the Congo?

That's just a silly assumption. There are plenty of different reasons you could have came up with, that one is not valid.

the notion that obama's election will bring a radical shaking up of the u.s tax code for the unprecented fleecing of the wealthy is as much a fantasy as the notion held by the "black woman nearly balling her eyes out" that obama will take care of her now. Equally baseless, misguided notions.

qft

I told a buddy and my wife some time ago if Obama won I'd have to get politically active to make whatever small contribution to the process I could in the hope of preventing someone from EVER again openly stating he wanted to spread my wealth -- and yes, I'm one of those he feels should help others spend my money.

You'll forgive me if I don't sympathize with you making over 250k. My god our country are full of greedy *******s. Really and truly. They don't give a **** about who they step on to get ahead as long as they get ahead. Art, I highly doubt a 4% increase is going to kill you. What? You aren't going to be able to afford that 4th 50" LCD TV to put in the bathroom now? Boo ****ing hoo.

Cry about something important will you.

FairTax.org

The Fair Tax would solve a lot of problems.

Imagine:

no corporate taxes, Imagine how many more jobs that would create.

No IRS and all the money that's wasted on it.

No Apr. 15

The list goes on and on and on and on.

Sadly, there's ZERO chance Obama would be on board. He's already committed too much "rich peoples" money to those who didn't earn it.

Well, anyway, politically, I'm not much pretty good w/ computers, but not so much a graphic or creative person in the way that you are talking about.

If you get to the point where you some numbers crunched/analzyed, let me know. Currently, I'm doing one analysis/prediction for free irregardless of your political leanings.

I understand that this thread wasn't intended for me, as I am not an angry, disgruntled, furious conservative, but I am an ecstatic, pleased, content liberal.

But the above paragraph fails to illustrate Obama's actual stance versus that which you ascribe to him through the statement of one idiot. Obama has done more to call for people to serve their country in public service roles than any politician SINCE Kennedy. His message has been one of participation and sacrifice. For every loony that you quote thinking Obama is going to personally pay their mortgage, I can find one that says George Bush caused 9/11.

And between you, me, and anyone else reading this thread, I wouldn't mention that advertisement out loud to anyone anymore. :2cents:

This is where you lost me, I'm afraid. You do not realize how the wealthy benefit from the society at large I see. There would be no massing wealth in an anarchy. The very surroundings and system are how they benefited, not simply because they were smarter. You could be a genius in Russia and if you are not able to navigate the web of corruption you are not going anywhere. You can not make a mountain when you only have ant hills to contribute. Our higher education, our ability to enforce laws and keep our citizens safe, our infrastructure.. you think the Rich do not benefit from the road system? I wonder if the UPS CEO agrees with you. How many millionaires do you see coming out of the Congo?

That's just a silly assumption. There are plenty of different reasons you could have came up with, that one is not valid.

While everything you say is accurate, it is also applied equally to the rich and the poor. Every citizen has the benefit of roads, the police, higher education and the like. It is uniform. The system allows for a person who could not even get in to the Democratic National Convention in 2000 to become President in 2008.

Every American benefits from our strong military in exactly the same way. When you move beyond the system to the services the government provides, they are largely attuned to those deemed to be in need. Wealthy people do not qualify for educational grants, welfare or a future government run health care system.

Which adds a different level of responsibility to those who would use these services to help pay for them, which, we current do not require.

Archived