Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JC, can he win NFL comeback player of the year? (M.E.T.)

Dcskins71

Hey fellow skins! Big game this week!! I'm hoping for a big win also! But i have a question about JC..Being that he got hurt last year, can he win NFL comeback player of the year...Is there such an award in the NFL, im pretty sure there is in MLB but not sure in the NFL..But I think with all that JC has done so far, if there is a award like this, that he deserves it... GO SKINS!

Come Back Player of the Year is generally given to a proven vet who had a serious injury or just dissapeared for a while. JC is having a great year, but he wasn't a proven vet last year. He would not be in the running for this award.

But maybe MVP of the League? Jaws mentioned it on Mike and Mike. That would be better. :)

Comeback player of the year will obviously be Jake Delhomme. He had a serious injury and is now back and probably better than he was before.

The only thing JC really had to come back from was a slightly serious knee injury and a lot of being crapped on by bad fans.

Yeah, Jake D. is probably going to get it. I like the Bold above. :)

how about carlos rogers?

He would definitely be in the running. QB wins over DB, though.

Comeback player of the year???

Gotta be Kurt Warner as far as I'm concerned. Took the job from Leinert and hasn't looked back all season.

Id have to agree with the stats Warner throws up every week. Yeah he may throw the pickles around, and fumble like it is his second job, but he throws TD's and he throws for miles.

Yeah, Jake D. is probably going to get it. I like the Bold above. :)

He would definitely be in the running. QB wins over DB, though.

-------------

Ironically, you make the opposite case. Lots of great QBs haven't had any legs whatsoever -- no one remembers Sonny J for his Fran Tarkenton impersonation, but a CB w/o wheels is called a position coach.

-------------

Ironically, you make the opposite case. Lots of great QBs haven't had any legs whatsoever -- no one remembers Sonny J for his Fran Tarkenton impersonation, but a CB w/o wheels is called a position coach.

Let me be clear: I don't necessarily AGREE with it, but a QB is a flashier position, and my guess is that either Jake Del-homy or Kurt Warner is going to win it. I BELIEVE that Carlos probably should be ahead of both those guys because what he's doing is just as hard if not harder.

But when in doubt, most of the time these things go to the QB. That's all I'm saying. 'Los, though, should be getting an all expenses paid vacation to Waikiki in Feb, though. One way or the other.

-------------

What's a QB without an arm? About the same thing, a position coach. Delomme had elbow surgery last year and no one knew if he would ever be back. So your case doesnt fly. Still either of those guys should be in the running, both came back faster than expected and look better than ever.

NFL Comeback Player of the Year Award has been given out after every season since 1972 (except for 1985). The player named Comeback Player of the Year shows perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, a severe injury, or simply poor performance.

OK. With the above definition in mind, there are several players who could be in contention for this award.

But I don't think it would be JC.

Brees won the Comeback Player of the Year back in 2004. He started 27 games with a QB rating of somewhere around 70 for his 1st years in the NFL. Then, in 2004, he had almost 105 rating.

Campbell, on the other hand, had 20 starts prior to this season with a QB rating of around 77. Now a 100 rating.

I would think it would go more to a guy coming off of injury (someone like Rogers, but he doesn't get enough national exposure), but you could say Brees was a precedent.

Archived