Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

dposton

For a team that has been searching for a quarterback for a long time, the Redskins have many ex-Redskins quarterbacks playing around the league. Here are the ones that I know. Are there others

Brunell

Ramsey

Rosenfels

Hamden

Jordan Palmer

Hasselback ? I think he is still in the league

Trent Green

Gus Frerotte

Brad Johnson

What was the guy's name that won NFL Europe MVP? Is he on anyone's roster? Isn't this an amazing number of our ex-quarterbacks still playing in the league?

For a team that has been searching for a quarterback for a long time, the Redskins have many ex-Redskins quarterbacks playing around the league. Here are the ones that I know. Are there others

Brunell

Ramsey

Rosenfels

Hamden

Jordan Palmer

Trent Green

Gus Frerotte

Brad Johnson

What was the guy's name that won NFL Europe MVP? Is he on anyone's roster? Isn't this an amazing number of our ex-quarterbacks still playing in the league?

I think youre looking for Casey Bramlet.

What about Tony Banks, dont forget about him.

I think youre looking for Casey Bramlet.

What about Tony Banks, dont forget about him.

Good lord, I'm trying so hard to forget! I don't even claim Banks. At least Hasselbeck has some heart and was able to lead the other players. No one respected Banks. Didn't he start out with the Rams? They can claim him.

I don't think that Tim Hasselback is in the league, I think he' s just married to "The View's" Elizabeth.
Yeah I believe Tim HASSELBECK and Tony Banks have retired.

Thanks for the correction, Mayo. It's funny that some folks have so much trouble with that one; must be the same people that call it "Star Track" instead of "Star Trek". Tighten up, people! Spelling is improtrant. Me am smart! :jk: Of course, I love it when people mis-spell Irvin's name. Lots think it is Irving. Haha! Some HOFer, people don't even know what his name really is or how to spell it. Point that out to a Cowboys fan sometime, it make them sad.

Brunell

Ramsey

Rosenfels

Hamden

Jordan Palmer

Trent Green

Gus Frerotte

Brad Johnson

Trent Green stands out as the biggest loss on that list, and was treated pretty darn shabbily by the organisation.

But the one I always realy wanted to succeed was Patrick Ramsey.

Great arm, real nice guy, just never worked out for him. First off he was saddled with the dross Spurrier had assembled, taking REAL punishment behind an O line that didn't know what it was doing half the time in the "run and gun." Then Coach took over and went with the proven veteran in Brunnel, and we all know how that played out. Even when Patrick got his chance to start under Gibbs in '05 he went down injured in the first quarter of the opener against the Bears.

Remains a mystery given his talent that he's never won a starting gig anywhere since. Guess he just never totally had "it", shrugs.

Hail.

Trent Green stands out as the biggest loss on that list, and was treated pretty darn shabbily by the organisation.

But the one I always realy wanted to succeed was Patrick Ramsey.

Great arm, real nice guy, just never worked out for him. First off he was saddled with the dross Spurrier had assembled, taking REAL punishment behind an O line that didn't know what it was doing half the time in the "run and gun." Then Coach took over and went with the proven veteran in Brunnel, and we all know how that played out. Even when Patrick got his chance to start under Gibbs in '05 he went down injured in the first quarter of the opener against the Bears.

Remains a mystery given his talent that he's never won a starting gig anywhere since. Guess he just never totally had "it", shrugs.

Hail.

Ya know, I always disliked Ramsey as a QB. I know he was super smart, would fight his guts out for ya, super tough, etc. but the guy was just about as unclutch as you could be. At least from what I could remember. I just always felt nervous when the ball was in his hands. He just never seemed 'good enough' to be a starter in this league. Just my :2cents:

The next question is...how many ex-redskins QBs have started a game or got significant snaps this season?

Patrick Ramsey - Denver

Brad Johnson - DallASS

Gus Frerotte - Minnessota

Trent Green - St. Louis

Sage Rosenfels - Houston

That's a significant number. The rest of the league should be thankful to us for being a breeding ground of halfway decent backup quarterbacks.

Archived