Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm a white West Virginia Republican, and I fail.

Teller

Favorite Gibbs "mini-era"  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Gibbs "mini-era"

• 1981-84: The Theismann era
    • 1985-88: The Schroeder/Williams era
    • 1989-92: The Rypien era
    • 2004-07: The Brunell era

The biggest reason i would not vote for obama is that the democrats will have a huge majority in both houses after this election. You may not be worried about the 2nd ammendment and other things now, but you will be in a few years once Barrack gets comfy in the oval office and really starts to get to work... that will be really scary.

Well I never thought the day would come where me and HH would be voting for the same Presidential candidate. But I'm glad to hear you're going with what you believe is the right thing to do HH.

If it makes you feel better I'm a white West Virginian that will be voting for Obama too.

And so are both of my parents.

Anyway, whoever wins, I hope they get this country back on the right track. It's going to be a tough job. :cheers:

Let's get something clear. I don't want anything "given" to me. But I do think that working nearly 50 hours every week (with an additional 20+ hours of commuting time) I SHOULD be able to comfortably afford health insurance. That not being the case, it's time for (God help me) a change.

Not just that but speaking realistically there is a good chance that McCain's healthcare plan would push more employers to cut benefits. It allows them the excuse of "you are getting a tax credit to buy your own" and the motivation of having to cut a check to uncle sam for the benefits they do provide they never had to write before.

There really is no question that health care is a major issue and Obama is dominating it.

Glad you finally saw the light, Jason. :cheers:

Nah, no great revelation here.

I won't be buying t-shirts or bumper stickers, or donating to the campaign. I'm going to scrunch my face up like I'm waiting for a huge firecracker to go off, push the button on the touch screen, and hope the guy isn't a typical lying politician.

The biggest reason i would not vote for obama is that the democrats will have a huge majority in both houses after this election. You may not be worried about the 2nd ammendment and other things now, but you will be in a few years once Barrack gets comfy in the oval office and really starts to get to work... that will be really scary.

Sort of like Bush's first term? He's saying he needs help now. And for him, Obama is the best choice for helping him at the present.

Not just that but speaking realistically there is a good chance that McCain's healthcare plan would push more employers to cut benefits. It allows them the excuse of "you are getting a tax credit to buy your own" and the motivation of having to cut a check to uncle sam for the benefits they do provide they never had to write before.

There really is no question that health care is a major issue and Obama is dominating it.

Absolutely. For me, it's the #1 concern I have going into this election.

BTW, I don't think Joe Biden would let Obama touch the 2nd Amendment.

Me either.

BTW, I don't think Joe Biden would let Obama touch the 2nd Amendment.

I hope that's the case. Coming within one vote of losing it doesn't sit well with me.

Somebody hold me, I'm scared. I'm not becoming one of those lib....libuh.......I can't say it.

But I AM choosing income redistribution in a lot of ways over traditional conservative values.

I've gone insane. :silly:

Let's get something clear. I don't want anything "given" to me. But I do think that working nearly 50 hours every week (with an additional 20+ hours of commuting time) I SHOULD be able to comfortably afford health insurance. That not being the case, it's time for (God help me) a change.

I just made a change to what I am voting for recently as well. I am not voting for either one of the front running liars and currently I am looking at third part candidates Barr and well yes Paul.

All I can say is look at sales tax and income tax rates in countries that have socialized health care.

Check out Denmark and the price of beer, plus the sin tax in Canada. My point, neither one of them are being honest and the money for all of these freebies will have to come from somewhere.

This is a guy who until two years ago no one had ever heard of. He's a product of the Chicago political machine. He openly admits to wanting to raise capital gains taxes not because it will increase revenue but because it's, "fair." He will be the most liberal president that we have ever had at a time when the Dems in the House and Senate might have a 60% majority.

Are you sure you want to vote for this guy?

I identify with much of what you say, HH. I have often said starting months ago I was going to vote for McCain and then recently have stated that events since the GOP convention have changed my postion. I don't remember an election where I didn't have serious reservations about even my preferred candidate, but at this point I have to (soemwhat sadly) say it's not a conflict anymore. I have directly observed enough to guide my choice past all the "controversies" on either side as they sit at this time. This will be the second time I have voted for a democrat for POTUS since 1972 when I cast my first vote.

HH,

I'm not here to say "awesome, you now see the light!", or "what's wrong with you, I thought you were a registered republican!"

I just want to say that I commend you for putting party allegiance aside, which is a problem with both dems and repubs, and you are choosing someone who you think is more qualified to do the job, according to you.

congrats. :cheers:

I hope that's the case. Coming within one vote of losing it doesn't sit well with me.

Somebody hold me, I'm scared. I'm not becoming one of those lib....libuh.......I can't say it.

But I AM choosing income redistribution in a lot of ways over traditional conservative values.

I've gone insane. :silly:

Nope, you're not quite a libtard just yet.

OLS

Honestly, I think it comes down to the fact that a lot of people are so stretched financially that they just want to go a different direction and see if Obama comes through on his promises to help change our economic and financial situations for the better. And a lot of those people are putting other issues on the backburner to take a gamble and see.

I'm feeling it right now. Like you, I'm working overtime trying to keep my g/f and I fed while she is having no success finding a job at all.

Also, I don't know how much time the next President will have to devote to social issues...Iraq/Afghanistan and the economy will take all of his concentration.

This is a guy who until two years ago no one had ever heard of. He's a product of the Chicago political machine. He openly admits to wanting to raise capital gains taxes not because it will increase revenue but because it's, "fair." He will be the most liberal president that we have ever had at a time when the Dems in the House and Senate might have a 60% majority.

Are you sure you want to vote for this guy?

As I said, I know I'm taking a hit in a lot of areas for a short-term gain. Hopefully four years from now, I'll be in a better place financially, and can begin to worry about things like abortion and gun control again.

Until then, food, gas, and seeing a doctor when I need to will come first. If that makes me a bad person, or a traitor to my party, well, so be it.

This will be the second time I have voted for a democrat for POTUS since 1972 when I cast my first vote.

I'm glad to see you weigh in on this. I almost didn't post it, because I figured you'd (rightly) get pissed off over another "look at hog" thread.

I'm glad to see that it's turned into a pretty rational discussion about people's feelings on why they will (or won't) vote for one guy over the other.

And hearing you say that this is the first time in 30-couple years you're pulling the trigger....er....lever for a dem makes me feel better too. When people you respect are thinking as you are, it quiets some of your own insecurities.

This will be the second time I have voted for a democrat for POTUS since 1972 when I cast my first vote.

I knew it! You're definitely not 9 :).

As I said, I know I'm taking a hit in a lot of areas for a short-term gain. Hopefully four years from now, I'll be in a better place financially, and can begin to worry about things like abortion and gun control again.

Until then, food, gas, and seeing a doctor when I need to will come first. If that makes me a bad person, or a traitor to my party, well, so be it.

In all seriousness, I always vote me first. I don't think it makes me a bad person. It just means I'm looking out for my own well being.

Nope - Clinton said that the deficit was out of control, that we must raise takes on the top 2%, and balance the budget, and cut the federal workforce by 100,000 jobs.....
"I want to make it very clear that this middle-class tax cut, in my view, is central to any attempt we're going to make to have a short-term economic strategy and a long-term fairness strategy, which is part of getting this country going again." --William J. Clinton ABC News, Primary Debate, Manchester, NH 1/19/92

http://www.urbin.net/EWW/sigs/clintonsigs.html

CLINTON'S ECONOMIC PLAN: The Campaign; Gambling That a Tax-Cut Promise Was Not Taken Seriously

By MICHAEL KELLY,

Published: February 18, 1993

In selling his economic plan, President Clinton is gambling that voters never took seriously his campaign promise to lower the tax burden of the middle class and will respond favorably to an aggressive pitch based on equal measures of hope, fear and class revenge.

After months of polling and research, Mr. Clinton's top political advisers say they are convinced that middle-class voters will support higher taxes. The advisers say the voters will see the new taxes as the price of great improvements in Government service and as inflicting a just punishment on the rich who profited during the Reagan and Bush Administrations.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F0CE4D9103CF93BA25751C0A965958260&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all

"Bill Clinton is preparing to walk away from some of his campaign promises," The Wall Street Journal reported early in January, noting that the incoming Administration "faces a much bigger budget deficit" than he had anticipated. "Simply put," The Journal added, "Mr. Clinton cannot keep all his campaign pledges, which call for halving the deficit and increasing Federal spending and cutting taxes on the middle class.... Even if the deficit outlook hadn't changed, Mr. Clinton would have had a tough time sticking to the plan laid out last summer in the campaign manifesto, |Putting People First,' because some of the estimates were exaggerated."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1295/is_/ai_13417453

Archived