Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

8+ hour workdays 40+ hour work weeks

buenosdiaz

how the **** did this get started?

who's the genius that decided this was the optimal time to be allotted for work?

Is it just me or is work just an excuse to keep us busy and not be truants with nothing better to do.

I mean seriously all this time I spend in this office

i want to go outside damn it! and no not just on saturday and sunday

Be careful what you wish for.

Some companies, such as mine offer extreme flexibility in the hours worked, and working from home, provided you get the job done.

But that also comes with the expectation that stuff gets done evenings and weekends if there is a deadline.

I had to do this crap for 2 weeks when I covered for my boss last month. I hated it! I had to go to bed early! Be responsible to get things done in a timely manner!!! WTF!?!? I much prefer classes.

My foolproof plan to circumvent this BS is to never leave school and defer my loans forever...

I had to do this crap for 2 weeks when I covered for my boss last month. I hated it! I had to go to bed early! Be responsible to get things done in a timely manner!!! WTF!?!? I much prefer classes.

My foolproof plan to circumvent this BS is to never leave school and defer my loans forever...

lol exactly why hopefully in a year ill be in law school spending my afternoons with a con law book and my ps3

Guest sith lord

A better complaint is why is the retirement age 62? As far as I'm concerned, if you worked full time somewhere for 25 years, you should be able to retire with full benefits.

One can dream.

i have hypothesized many times why people continue to stick to these work hours that obviously suck

i believe coffee growers have conspired with lawmakers to ensure their profitability...imagine getting enough sleep or knowing you can just work a few hours and be let free a little after lunch? the economy would crash (more than it already is)

this is my theory and im sticking to it

*hides from starbucks secret police*

you older people suck...

wouldnt you rather work less and be outside more?

The key to happiness is to find work you love and that gives you enough money for the toys that make your life better.

Some people are happiest living alone in a cave. You can probably support that lifestyle on only a few hours work a week.

bd I think you should move to France. I'm pretty sure they have shorter work weeks over there.

My philosophy is to never work extra hours unless I'm getting paid for it or getting credit hours (time off to use at a later date). Even then, I only work extra hours if there's some special project or event I am working on.

I work hard and I get things done in my 40 hour work week.

Archived