Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good luck to Brooks

Burgundy&Gold4Ever

Durant, I hope that you figure out how to perform well in games and that you end up having a successful career in the NFL. Coach Zorn has said that, in practice, you've shown a lot of improvement and a lot of potential. Good luck figuring out transferring that talent to game situations.

* This is a serious thread. I feel badly for the kid, so please only post positive comments here. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything! I can't imagine he reads ES, but maybe someone would draw his attention to a thread offering him support. *

I agree 100% with B&G Forever. It is not like he was a troublemaker or a 'Me First' type of player. He just couldn't figure out how to make the transition from very good college player to pro player. He isn't the first and won't be the last.

Good Luck, Brooks, I hope you get it figured out as well. Talent like you certainly seem to have deserves to play in the league.

Not only that, but I hope he gets healthy. I do believe the kid does have a lot of potential, good luck Brooks.

HTTR

I bet he clears waivers, gets put on IR, comes back next year and we have a heck of a battle in training camp between Brooks and Plackemeier. I hope so at least.

I still think he has a ton of talent. He showed it in spurts, just not consistently. The injury certainly contributed to that.

hmm Dallas needs a punter...

Sam Paulescu is your new punter

4:47 PM Tue, Oct 14, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz

Pete Aldrich E-mail News tips

From Todd Archer ...

The Cowboys moved quickly in replacing punter Mat McBriar by signing Sam Paulescu Tuesday.

McBriar was placed on injured reserve with a fractured right foot suffered on the blocked punt in Sunday's overtime loss to Arizona. McBriar will not need surgery, but he would need 6-8 weeks to recover.

Paulescu, 24, worked out for the Cowboys on Tuesday as did Ben Graham, who was with the New York Jets earlier this season.

Paulescu was with the Cowboys in training camp last year and punted in one game in 2007 for Denver, averaging 44.2 yards on five attempts. He was cut by the Broncos this summer after losing the battle with Brett Kern. He averaged 49.6 yards per punt in five preseason attempts for Denver.

The move rejoins Paulescu with special teams coach Bruce Read. They were together at Oregon State where Paulescu became the first punter in the history of the school to earn All-Pac 10 honors. He averaged 42.7 yards per punt at Oregon State.

I wish him the best of luck. He's young and has a ton of potential. It's disappointing that the team isn't willing to go through some growing pains of a rookie punter. They are putting up with Devin Thomas, and his mistakes have had a greater impact. Such is the life of an nfl player.

Good luck Durant.

Archived