Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good luck to Brooks

Burgundy&Gold4Ever

Guest isjoining

hope he clears waivers and gets put on IR and have him compete next season. He was doing OK during the preseason, maybe that shot he took in the giants game bothered him.

I think he will clear waivers and end up on our IR list. That will give him a chance to get healthy, work out some more, and try to win his job back in camp next year. We can't keep him on the roster right now but I think with all the promise he had, the coaches are hoping to retain his rights.

I was sorry to hear that Brooks was cut. I hope he clears waivers so we can stash him on our IR. As a Skins fan, I'm hoping we can retain the option of salvaging this guy's career.

But realistically, I suspect that a there are other special teams coaches out there who can better develop Brooks talent than Danny Smith and are willing to do so. I wouldn't be surprised if another team decides to take a chance on Brooks.

I still feel that Brooks has significant potential; if he can settle down, hecould win his job back during next season's training camp. Hopefully, he'll still be around to do that.

Durant Brooks let me take this opportunity to personally wish you the very best life has to offer.

I am sorry to hear that the Skins cut you. Hopefully, you can take this experience and turn it into something positive in your quest to be an outstanding NFL punter. You have the talent, and now all you have to do is put it to good use on Sunday!

Take care, and lets hope you clear waivers and are rejoined with the Skins!

Here's to you Brooks, hope this setback doesnt ruin your NFL career.

I know I may get flamed, but I think they pulled the plug too quick on this kid. He showed promise in practice, had a great game against Dallas, guess it just wasnt enough. The Skins put up with Frost for 3 years and during that time his net average was only 4 yards different from Brooks.

Oh well, I have trusted in the coaches before.

this is stupid, IMO... let him punt for the season... if he is getting better in practice, it will start to carry over to games eventually.

Do we really think that bringing in a punter that no one else wanted will be better?

I disagree. Right now, I feel that bringing a new punter in right now is a good thing for the team. I'm tired of Brooks punting the ball, and the other team is getting good field position off of it almost 100% of the time. I do agree that we should keep him and train him until he is ready to be put out there.

Archived