Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Do you have a Red Box DVD rental near you?

AsburySkinsFan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I used Red Box a lot, up until recently. Got a subscription to NetFlix instead. Red Box is nice, but if there aren't any good movies out, which I don't think there have been in a while, then it's wasted potential. At least with NetFlix you can go back and watch old movies.

We have one in our grocery store, but I've never used it. I'm sure I'd end up leaving it around the house for a week or two and pay far more than I do for our Blockbuster online subscription which includes free in-store rentals (including games, because I'm grandfathered- can't get that now).

I wonder if they are smart enough to tie it to your credit card so you can't abuse the system ... as their intent is to offer just one free rental per person.

Actually, they even say it on their website, to share the codes. You only get 1 free day. They know by giving people 1 free day that most likely you will keep the movie for 2-3 days more

Actually, they even say it on their website, to share the codes. You only get 1 free day. They know by giving people 1 free day that most likely you will keep the movie for 2-3 days more

I doubt if they intend it to be a permanent "first day is free code" for repeat customers.

Do they publish a new code each week? Does the code only work on a certain day?

I doubt if they intend it to be a permanent "first day is free code" for repeat customers.

Do they publish a new code each week? Does the code only work on a certain day?

each week about 20-25 more codes are released. Depending on your area, codes may or may not work. I have been using them since 2002 and I have yet to been called by redbox.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah man, Red Box is awesome. I swing by there on Tuesday's if something good is coming out. And i also get the Red Box Free Movie Monday codes every Monday, but i never use them because there's too much good TV on Monday Nights.

Yeah man, Red Box is awesome. I swing by there on Tuesday's if something good is coming out. And i also get the Red Box Free Movie Monday codes every Monday, but i never use them because there's too much good TV on Monday Nights.

I didn't even know about the online codes until I started this thread, but I use them all the time now oh and BTW, Blockbuster can kiss my buttocks! For too long has there been an artificial price on movie rentals, Blockbuster almost fixed the problem when they eliminated late fees, but it still didn't stop the pain of $12+ for three movies on a weekend. (Mom, Dad, kids)

I didn't even know about the online codes until I started this thread, but I use them all the time now oh and BTW, Blockbuster can kiss my buttocks! For too long has there been an artificial price on movie rentals, Blockbuster almost fixed the problem when they eliminated late fees, but it still didn't stop the pain of $12+ for three movies on a weekend. (Mom, Dad, kids)

Yeah i hear ya....Red Box is much more financially friendly. The only down side to Red Box is the selection imo (if there's a decent low budget flick you've been looking forward to seeing, odds are Red Box may not have it).

And of course if you want to get the MOST efficiency out of Red Box, it helps to have the movie back by 9 pm the night after you rent it so that you're only charged $1.05. However, keeping the movie for 2, 3 or even 4 days is still better than the price you'll pay at Blockbuster for a rental.

Oh and one of the GREAT things about Red Box is their website, redbox.com. I love that you can see what kiosks in your area have what flicks, and that you can reserve movies to pick up later at the most convenient location. Pretty cool features if you ask me.

Archived