Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pete Kendall is a stand-up guy.

TradeTheBeal!

I like Kendall and when he fumbled the ball and that bum for the Rams got lucky and ran it back it felt like somebody punched me in the nuts. I know he felt worst.

It's all good though because the Giants lost too and we are still 2 above .500. At this pace we will finsh 10-6 which isn't That bad for a first year head coach and it could get us a wildcard spot. Positive thoughts people.

He cost us the game? Our team couldn't come back from a 10-7 deficit at halftime, at home, against a team that had only scored when we turned the ball over? :notworthy

The Rams gave up 37 to Seattle who played without any receivers and got 2 scores from TJ Duckett and another from some guy named Michael Bumpus. They also gave up 38 to Philly, 41 to the Giants, and 31 to Buffalo.

I know, 10-7 at halftime was the end of the game, right? :rolleyes:

Thank you! & lol @ Michael Bumpus.

I would think that rarely would ONE play make the difference in a game (excluding a last second score)

Had we done better across the board, this one thing would not have made the difference. Cudos to PK for stepping up to take the blame, but it was not all his fault alone that we lost (in my mind)

Lineman are taught over and over to push the ball down. Kendall decided to go against all that teaching and it burned him and the team. He is a stand up guy for taking the heat, but that play was the deciding factor.

No, it wasnt. Fact of the matter is that it shouldnt have been close at that point. Nor should have it been in the 2nd half. Basically the Redskins came out flat and were flat all day. If you remember, the Rams GAVE the ball to us at their 3 yard line to start the game. And they managed to recover from that, a winless team that ranked in the bottom in most offenseive and defensive catagories on the road that just got done firing their head coach. And we still lost. This game should not have been changed by one play by Kendall. The fact that you could argue that it was should tell you that the hold team played like crap.

This COULD be a great learning experience for the team as a whole however. It proves that they are NOT good enough to take a game off for ANYONE, even one of the worst teams in the league undergoing alot of internal turmoil. They have to bring it every game, or they are going to loose. Lets hope they got that point from this loss.

So far we have been lucky and this past Sunday it cam back to bite us in the A**. Pete Kendall admitted he made a mistake and should have batted the ball down. He could also have just dropped to the ground. That would have made it 3rd or 4th down, in field goal range still and we could have been going into halftime up 10-3. Kendall was only one of many mistakes that were made and in the heat of battle sometimes we lose our judgement which leads to mistakes. Casey Rabach is making a lot of mistakes that haven't cost us a game until this past Sunday. How do you hike the ball to the left of Campbell? Then Campbell makes a mistake of trying to pick it up instead of falling on it. That is on Rabach. He also had two penalties on back to back plays the week before or 2 weeks ago that cost us two TD scores.

Randle El is really becoming the new Mr. 50/50 receiver. He has been dropping a lot of balls and hasn't done nothing in the return game. The only constant on this team has been Clinton Portis. He is leading the league in rushing and is doing everything right.I hopr this loss to the Rams fires them up enough to blow out the Browns. We will see what this team is made of.

Poor guy couldn't take a shower either. Imagine him after talking to the media' date=' he's all dirty and sore from the game. He just want to get cleaned up and go home and then the water is shut off.[/quote']

whaaaa? :laugh:

Our guys are stand up. Kendall takes his mistake like a man, Portis says that they weren't making plays on offense like they should have. You play as a team and you lose as a team and I think these guys get it. Unlike Dallas, blaming each other and the play calling, that is a joke, Wade Phillips really needs to make a statement and put T.O. and company in place and let them know that its not a one man show out there and they have to play as a team the full 60 minutes.

Gotta respect a guy who takes his licks. The skins had all sorts of opportunities to put that one away but at the same time if someone said to point out a single play that was the difference between winning and losing you'd be hard pressed to come up with any play but his. Still, the whole thing was such a freak occurrence that's it hard to hold it against him for long, especially when he mans up. By the end of the season, we'll all look back at this and smirk, Kendall included.

Archived